Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 07-10-2013
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Hey Guys!

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Andrew, I am 21 years old, and have been a passionate race fan for as long as I can remember. My Dad has always been an avid race fan which is probably how I became a fan as well. Coming up on July 22, I will be attending the Skip Barber 3 Day Formula School at Limerock Park in hopes of one day fulfilling my dream in becoming a driver in Motorsports. I am very excited for this opportunity as it is almost like a dream come true for me. As well as being a race fan, I am going into my senior year in college studying Mechanical Engineering, so if I don't break into the Motorsports world as a driver, at least I can hopefully make a living as an Engineer for a race team down the road. It's a pleasure meeting all of you!
Old 07-11-2013
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Hey Guys!

Welcome aboard Andrew,
You've come to the right place and you're going to have the time of your life.
You might want to take a look at Carl Lopez's book "Going Faster" and Ross Bentley's book "Ultimate Speed Secrets" as primers for the start of your journey. They're available through Amazon.

We'd love to see reports on the journey through your 3-day here, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

As the date approaches, regular exercise, proper diet and a good nights sleep will put you in the right frame of mind to receive instruction, process it and execute at your school. It's both mentally and physically challenging while also exhilarating and fun!

Have a great time and keep us posted!
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVP53 View Post
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Andrew, I am 21 years old, and have been a passionate race fan for as long as I can remember. My Dad has always been an avid race fan which is probably how I became a fan as well. Coming up on July 22, I will be attending the Skip Barber 3 Day Formula School at Limerock Park in hopes of one day fulfilling my dream in becoming a driver in Motorsports. I am very excited for this opportunity as it is almost like a dream come true for me. As well as being a race fan, I am going into my senior year in college studying Mechanical Engineering, so if I don't break into the Motorsports world as a driver, at least I can hopefully make a living as an Engineer for a race team down the road. It's a pleasure meeting all of you!
Old 07-16-2013
Skippy Instructor
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 10
Re: Hey Guys!

Welcome to TJR and the Skip Barber family. It is a unique organization in the racing world. I hope your circumstances are such that you can participate in our race series because if you're planning on becoming a driver, it will you on a very steep learning curve. You'll get as much feedback as you can seek out from instructors and most guys (e.g., drivers, customers, competitors, etc.) will help you with anything you need as you start out. Just be sure to ask. We've all been the "new" guy at some point and understand that you'll have questions. You'll make friends. Some of the best friends I have today are guys from my early days doing the series. SBRS has a lot to offer, and it's available to you if you take advantage of it. The biggest thing to remember is to have fun!

"Nothing good has ever been reported about the full rotation of a race car about either its pitch or roll axis." ~ Carroll Smith

Bookmark This Thread