Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 07-13-2007
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Pat Pedraja On The Today Show

Hey, everyone !

The Skippy world fund-raising efforts for my nephew, Pat Pedraja's charity, Driving for Donors, has been overwhelming ! Once all the checks are in from The Invitational at Watkins Glen we will have raised almost $35,000 !!! Up until that point, Driving for Donors had raised $70,000, so not only have we doubled their efforts, but we've put them over the $100,000 mark.

Yesterday Pat appeared on The Today Show !

Check out www.drivingfordonors.com/news.asp for a clip of the segment.

It was great fun, meeting Matt Lauer and The Duchess of York. Matt is an old friend of a West Coast Skippy racer, Sprague Theobald, so Mur had a blast springing THAT name on him

Pat and his family are finally headed back this way, but they need a sponsor for the local drive in Houston on July 30th. Would you guys (and gurls) put the word out ? I'm sure that between us, we can come up with a business that would like to get a lot of good free TAX DEDUCTIBLE local exposure in the Houston market. Sponsorship is only $3000 and the company will be featured on his forehead during the day of the drive.

I can't wait for the new issue of Racer Magazine to come out with the article about the Watkins Invitational. To be racing well, having fun AND doing good deeds, now THAT'S livin' the dream !
Old 07-15-2007
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: Pat Pedraja On The Today Show

...but WAIT ! There's more.

I thought you might like to see the Verizon Fios video that was done on
Driving For Donors during the Washington DC drive. It is now on youtube.com
so pass it around to others who may be interested! It covers all the highlights of the drive and sponsorship.

Old 07-16-2007
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Re: Pat Pedraja On The Today Show

Michele:

I am so glad we all could contribute to Patrick's efforts this year. He is a great kid and we pray he will continue to get stronger.

The racers and staff at SBRS that contributed really showed what the series is all about.

Send my best to Pat!

Bookmark This Thread