Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 11-04-2009
Burger Flipper #2
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 4
Spa in trouble??!!

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=351283
Old 11-04-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Re: Spa in trouble??!!

http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forum...ead.php?t=4624

Glad to see that supporters of the track and event are organizing to try to reverse the decision. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Old 11-05-2009
red mist junkie

Gallery Images: 2

Now, how long has the SPA circuit been there? Isn't this like moving next to an airport and complaining of the noise? Same thing happened at the Monza circuit. What I would like to know is; When was the Spa circuit built? An how many reallly old folks are out there who were there Before the circuit was built! They probably couldn't hear it anyway! Those young rascalls who moved in since should have NO say! The can just buy earplugs!
Old 11-05-2009
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Lime Rock could easily suffer the same fate if an angry group of late comers had their way. There is a hostile group of residents who have done everything they can to rally the community against the track. One cranky deep pocketed person has offered Skip any price he wants to sign the property over to her so she can make it into a golf course. These are people who knew the track was there when they bought their home and then complained bitterly about its presence after moving in. Part of Skip's purpose in creating "The Club" and a long term contract with the racing school is to make sure it can survive in hard times and after he's not around to hold the reigns. Hard to explain how mean spirited and short sighted some of those who would like to see the track disappear are.

Last edited by dalyduo; 11-05-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-05-2009

Gallery Images: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Lime Rock could easily suffer the same fate if an angry group of late comers had their way. There is a hostile group of residents who have done everything they can to rally the community against the track. One cranky deep pocketed person has offered Skip any price he wants to sign the property over to her so she can make it into a golf course. These are people who knew the track is there when they bought their home and then complained bitterly about its presence after moving in. Part of Skip's purpose in creating "The Club" and a long term contract with the racing school is to make sure it can survive in hard times and after he's not around to hold the reigns. Hard to explain how mean spirited and short sighted some of those who would like to see the track disappear are.
yeah.. cause there's NO property around Litchfield county that offer piece and quiet away from the racetrack.... people that are like that blow my mind. Unfortunately there's no shortage of them around ALOT of racetracks. Maybe they should go after their realtor or the seller instead of the track that in MOST cases was there way before they were. LOL...

Pat.. Is that cranky neighbor the same one who last year kept all her neighbors up to all hours of night while they filmed a horror movie at her house for like a month.??..?? It was mostly night filming and there were enough lights you could see them from Well's hill. Neighbors were so mad they were blowing their horns when they drove by during filming. I was told that by the state trooper that pulled me over for honking my horn to say "hi" to Dean as I drove by his house.

Last edited by dalyduo; 11-05-2009 at 11:32 PM. Reason: fixed typo in my post and your quote. :-)
Old 11-05-2009
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Exactly... Hundreds of quiet square miles north, west and east with no track nearby but some don't think they're alive unless their picking a fight with a local landmark.

Not sure about the filming location person but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcote View Post
yeah.. cause there's NO property around Litchfield county that offer piece and quiet away from the racetrack.... people that are like that blow my mind. Unfortunately there's no shortage of them around ALOT of racetracks. Maybe they should go after their realtor or the seller instead of the track that in MOST cases was there way before they were. LOL...

Pat.. Is that cranky neighbor the same one who last year kept all her neighbors up to all hours of night while they filmed a horror movie at her house for like a month.??..?? It was mostly night filming and there were enough lights you could see them from Well's hill. Neighbors were so mad they were blowing their horns when they drove by during filming. I was told that by the state trooper that pulled me over for honking my horn to say "hi" to Dean as I drove by his house.
Old 11-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Not sure about the filming location person but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
BIG victorian across the street from Deans sound right, Pat? (And speaking of Dean and the track, her dogs *really* don't like fireworks...)
Old 11-06-2009
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekychica View Post
BIG victorian across the street from Deans sound right, Pat? (And speaking of Dean and the track, her dogs *really* don't like fireworks...)
I think it was Mariah Carey or some such Hollywood idiot who built a mega-mega-mansion in Litchfield Co. then promptly started complaining about the smell of manure and the flies from the neighboring farms, which had been there for generations. Buttholes.

Are the SB formula cars at Laguna still required to use the large mufflers? Better than not racing there I guess.
Old 11-06-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Are the SB formula cars at Laguna still required to use the large mufflers? Better than not racing there I guess.
Yes. And the noise standards are so restrictive that depending on the weather conditions (temp, overcast, etc-- there is some voodoo combination that is deadly), cars can exceed the limit even with them. It's not only the exhaust sound level that plays a role, it's apparently also the sound generated by the mechanicals of the drivetrain (which you can only alter by lifting). I remember once on a particularly bad day, cars kept setting off the alarm or whatever. It was happening to so many cars that Randy went so far as to ask us to time our lift for the upshift for the microphone placement, and to make it a long lift. The mic at the time was driver's right shortly after the exit of 5 on the run up the hill to 6 (I guess it would still be there, haven't been to Laguna in a year and a half), somewhere where you desperately need every rpm that little engine can muster.

Tags
formula 1 , spa-francorchamps

Bookmark This Thread