Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 06-17-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Re: LR Summer Series/MX-5 Race Weekend

Well said, Doug. Don't apologize for your honesty, people who care with passion are those who care enough to speak the truth, even (and maybe especially) when it might be difficult to hear. To me, that is the true meaning of the word "friend." Sid was a broken record when it came to the deterioration in the appearance of the racing fleet, presentation is a reflection of what's happening on the inside.

Great movie clip. Lot of truth there.
Old 06-17-2011
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Thanks again...a bit of trivia about Exec Suite - no music score, only dialog and effects
Old 06-17-2011
administrationistperson

For comparison - Tremblant 2002

Old 06-21-2011
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Race report is up! http://bit.ly/lUBrZy
Old 06-22-2011
administrationistperson

Thanks Kelly, I like the data recap on masters, pole, hard charger, etc. The shot of Christine holding the checkers says so much...
Old 06-22-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Hi All,

Please enjoy this video from Jack's camera from Race 2, group 1. It was a glorious battle and this is most of the first 15 minutes. I clipped a couple of the early laps while we were settling in.

This was one of my favorite races of all time and I cannot believe how close all 5 of us came on a regular basis with no contact.

You can see us all pushing very hard and it was just a blast for me.

Thanks again to Jack, Franco, Chris and Pat for an insanely good time.

Greg
Old 06-22-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Greg,

Thanks for posting that and also stopping just before I drove myself off. Very kind of you... Still smiling thinking about how much fun that race was. The highlight of the weekend.

If you haven't seen it yet I started a thread with a response from Kevin Seidl about some of the car issues we were chewing over earlier in this thread. Kevin is very forthcoming in laying out the stats of car failures and new parts arrivals. It's worth a look.

http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forum...4775#post44775
Old 06-22-2011
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Greg,

I was spectating that weekend, and I was hoping that someone had clips from that race,. I couldn't have imagined there'd be one that was that perfect.

Having the race com for the audio made for a terrific show.

Up until now the Grand Prix movie clips from Spa had been the best racing movies. Move over, Frankenheimer.

All five of you should be happy and proud, and Skip Barber has to be proud that it can assemble talent like that.

Fred
Old 06-22-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post

This was one of my favorite races of all time and I cannot believe how close all 5 of us came on a regular basis with no contact.

You can see us all pushing very hard and it was just a blast for me.

Thanks again to Jack, Franco, Chris and Pat for an insanely good time.

Greg
Somehow Chris manages to get in the middle of really good wet races. I was standing next to Rob in the tower and that race was the best spectator race of the weekend.

I know exactly how you feel. One of my best racing memories is a wet race at Sebring from '07 or '08, can't remember exactly, that involved a pack of 4-5 cars (me, Chris, Rick Balsley, Luca Orlandi, and possibly Nick Spencer) fighting it out all race long, everybody within a couple of feet of each other through all the corners, often side-by-side or 3 wide, everybody on the ragged edge making great saves. It was really fun because there are so many corners like Big Bend at Sebring, where you carry big speed in so it feels really hairy, there are several possible lines in the wet and lots of track space for people to take chances with. Several times the instructors thought someone was going off or going to spin but they managed to get it gathered up without losing momentum. I can remember a couple of saves I somehow pulled off within inches of Chris' gearbox through Turn 17 that I have no idea how they actually happened. I had the lead on the last lap, and braked where we had been braking into the hairpin, thinking I was braking as late as was wise, but I left a lane open on the inside and my jaw dropped as Chris came sailing past 10 mph faster into the brake zone and braked about 2 full car lengths deeper. I thought for sure he was going off, but it stuck and he went on to take the checker. In that one moment, he schooled me in the necessity to constantly read the track and update reference points every lap. He realized before anyone else that the track in that particular section had dried enough to dramatically improve braking grip, he went for it, and it paid off.

Bookmark This Thread