Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 08-29-2011
Petey's Dad
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 54
R/T video race car

Several years back I got this awesome Skippy race car at the awards banquet final mechanics auction. It's been great but time to go....

The first guy that commits to picking it up at my house in New Paltz NY gets it FREE!!!!

That's Right FREE!!! Or maybe you should sign up for $100 donation to the 2011 mechanics fund... thats your choice but I know you'll do the right thing...

BTW I outbided Marco and paid $45,000 for this thing

Comes complete with display platform. You need to supply the video/game Hardware. Car has never been crashed, no paint work, no smoking, no stories.
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1955.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	4430   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1956.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	4431  
Old 08-29-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Re: R/T video race car

I just sold my truck. Let me think.........
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 08-29-2011
Petey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredracer View Post
I just sold my truck. Let me think.........
Rent one for day...
Old 08-29-2011
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Me! Me! Me! Pick me!

Wednesday ok?

--
Fred K
Old 08-30-2011
Petey's Dad

OldRed committed to pick-up today. Fred your next if he is a no show..
Thanks guys
Old 08-31-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

I remember that puppy. I think Keith Neer, currant LRP skippy manager was one of the fabricators. Vaguely recall it being the front end of a chassis that was framed in a crash. Keith cut off the bent back end and voila... A perfect sim chassis.

What I remember is coming into the Interlaken banquet area and there it sat outfitted with pedals, steering wheel, and racing software displayed on a cathode ray video monitor that was borrowed from the LRP classroom. Many people tried it but once Gerardo settled in he never got out. Bobo was transfixed on lowering his lap times in that ten mile stare we know and love. Don't think he got out for dinner.

And yes, with Sid's help Peter made a mechanics fund donation that we were all proud and envious of.
Old 08-31-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Pat, great word picture of Bobo in what is now my grandson's video racing seat. I'm putting a copy of it in an envelope, along with pictures of it on top of the pickup. It'll be a mini time capsule. The only way it could be any better is if somebody has a pic of Gerardo sitting in it.
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 08-31-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Sell the bodywork to KS

Last edited by cdh; 09-01-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

About 15 years ago one of my wife's divorce client's soon-to-be-ex had a pre settlement yard sale that included numerous restored antique heavy trucks, vintage cars, bicycles, motorcycles, tractors, a hot air balloon, yada, yada, yada. Out of curiosity, I went to the preview. Piled out in the backyard, bodywork stacked akimbo by someone who had no clue how it was supposed to go together or look when they were finished, I found a late 1980's era Lola Indycar chassis. It was absolutely complete from the rear bulkhead forward, pedals, gauges, shifter steering, suspension - the works. No motor or transaxle. Had two sets of bodywork, oval & road course. Never wrecked, was someone's backup car and never made a race. As soon as I looked at it, I thought "This is the 34th best seat in the world to watch the Indy 500 from". At the time we had a suburban home with a basement rec room with a space for a pool table. I thought, "This would be THE PERFECT location for a Lola Indycar chassis". I argued (unsuccessfully) that this creation met every definition for a work or art that could be made, the finest materials handcrafted by the finest craftsmen and as such, was certainly an appropriate object 'd art for a recreation room. She had me banned from the auction site.
Old 08-31-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

The Nurburgring Dorint hotel lobby bar has some interesting automotive and cycle art suspended overhead. Stuff they no doubt also picked up in a divorce garage sale.
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nurburgring-Trip-Dorint-Hotel-Bar-racecar-767x1024.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	4432   Click image for larger version

Name:	2445242541_eb7d49377d.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	4433  

Bookmark This Thread