Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 08-04-2012
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 482
Worth A Look

Jerry Sienfeld has a new video series online called Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee. The title pretty much sums up the whole thing. Refreshingly simple in concept and execution -- it seems to be done mostly with a couple of Go Pro cameras -- it seems to have been created specifically for Team Juicy members. We love cars, we love to laugh, and we more or less rely on coffee to function.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	seinfeld-cars-comedians-coffee-585x326.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	4724  
Old 08-04-2012
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Worth A Look

For those of a certain age... This is just wonderful.

Thanks Moxie... The cars are spectacular and the conversation just makes us laugh.
Old 08-05-2012
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

I loved Jerry's standup, and esp. "Seinfeld", seen them all to the point I can repeat all scenes verbatim, lots of laughs. I watched both installments of CiCGC and this isn't doing it for me. There comes a time when it's time to hang up the mic, I think Jerry hit it a while back. I was really looking forward to some laughs, they aren't there....am I alone here?

Nice cars...but it really should be called 'Comedians in Cars and Diners Getting Coffee'. Oh, and always enjoy seeing City Island as it is 5 mins from where I grew up, neat place.

Will hold out for future, funny installments and decide.

Last edited by cdh; 08-05-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2012
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Love seeing Ricky Gervais squirm after watching him gleefully torture Karl Pilkington on "An Idiot Abroad" Didn't think he'd be such a car ignoramus or woos about speed. Also interesting to see what makes Seinfeld and Gervais laugh. This is a Seinfeld homage to some classic cars with off the cuff discussions with friends. It works for me.

After Seinfeld stopped the TV show he went out and did a stand-up tour called "I'm telling you for the very last time..." After which he retired all of his old stand-up material. He stopped performing and he and his wife had a couple of kids. Then he went back out to small standup comedy clubs and spent a couple of years working up new material. He had some guys follow him and a few other fledgling stand ups around with small hand held amateur video cameras and produced a feature length documentary about the process called "Comedian" The film was released in 2002 and is an honest look at the cruelty of the process.

One thing you learn is how hard he's worked on his craft over the years. Definitely moved on from the old TV show.

There's another Cars and Coffee with Larry David. I've never been a Larry David fan but again enjoyed seeing what made them laugh.

Here's the Comedian Imdb page. If you go to the page and click on the "trailer" video you'll see one of my favorite promo's that has absolutely nothing to do with the movie but sends up every movie promo VO being done at the time. It's dated now but it was spot on in '02.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
I was really looking forward to some laughs, they aren't there....am I alone here?
Old 08-05-2012
Marketing Wonk
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

The Larry David episode is hysterical. The follow up episode with Ricky Gervais? Not so much. It probably is if you're a Ricky Gervais fan, but I am not and the episode did nothing to change my opinion of him. The next episode features one of my all-time favorite comedians, Brian Regan.
Old 08-06-2012
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

I thought Seinfeld was funny until I started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is a genius. He needs to do one with Jim Gaffigan. I love the combination of comedy and cars. Brilliant.

Bookmark This Thread