Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 07-30-2006
Irrational National
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 815
Mont Tremblant Stories

Okay guys, lets get the Mont Tremblant storyboard going. Post your comments!

1. Julia Landauer, at age 14, scored no less than 4 wins this weekend in Sportsman category. Up next for her, Championship group. Way to go Julia!!

2. Pat Daly went from the doldrums by crashing hard into concrete on the last lap of his Saturday race, to going from 14th to 2nd in his Sunday race, earning the applause of all. The smile on his face at the podium was priceless.

3. Peter Ludwig scored big wins in Masters National and in Regional Championship group. Is this the same Peter that couldn't keep it on the road a year ago? Yes it is. Great stuff, great driving, and great guy.

4. Michelle Marden is absolutely the real deal in Sportsman category now. Side by side in a fast scary corner? Bring it on. No longer bringing up the rear, she's a top 5 contender now. She qualified ahead of the aforementioned race winning Julia Landauer. The only bad part of this is how much more it will cost Murray to keep Michelle in the driver seat! Love ya!

5. Sylvain Champoux, our talented Canadian instructor, was uncontrollable on his radio during the races. It didn't really matter what was happening in his corner, because each time he'd key the radio and scream with glee like a soccer announcer at the world cup when a goal is scored. You had to be there.

6. Umbrella girls.

7. Nick Nicholson being Nick Nicholson.

8. Our mechanics servicing no less than 42 race cars. Well, we started with 42 race cars anyway. Still, the guys had shiny cars ready to go every morning at 9:00 am sharp, as they always do. Have you donated to the mechanics fund lately?

9. The Thursday torrential downpour. Aquaplaning at 120 mph was one of the highlights of the week!

10. Keith Watts as Pit Lane Coordinator. You just can't help but notice he's got this new job down, even when I bother him for the 18th time for a car number.

11. The Ferrari FFX, FSX, FZX, or whatever the heck you call that $1.8 million work of art we had the pleasure of listening accelerate through the gears, then brake 1800 feet before the turn in of turn 1.

12. The LUGE!

13. Matt Franc being Matt Franc.

14. The West Coast contingent of Tommy Fogarty and Jeff Rodriguez adding their local color to the race announcing, then accusing the rest of us for keeping Mont Tremblant a secret all these years. Come back anytime!

15. The FAMILY. The drivers, their families, the mechanics, instructors, staff, everyone on the property, you guys are the coolest Family. Thanks for all the great times, laughs, dinners, and one-liners.

What's your story?

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 07-31-2006
Umbrella Girl
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Re: Mont Tremblant Stories

Bobo,

You said it all! The rest of us are speechless!!!! What is left for us to describe? But #15 says it all...THE FAMILY! That's what it's all about! Oh, yeah, and some guys (and some chicks!) driving around in circles really, really fast!

And as they say, 2 pictures are worth 2000 words! (check out Julia Landauer in the background!)

S.
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	luge #2.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	1280   Click image for larger version

Name:	luge #1.JPG
Views:	340
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	1278  
Old 07-31-2006
Petey's Dad
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 54

Yes, Tremblant is a fantastic place and I am a stones throw away from buying something on that wonderful lake!! Talk about a 4-seasons heaven on earth. All I need is money and 6 hours each way to get there.

Sy, thank you for your families hospitality. Lauren the kids and I had a blast thanks to you...

Congrats to Mr. Duerson for setting the new track record on Sunday morning with cool, crisp conditions. Congrats to Revere for beating it and setting another new record on Sunday afternoon on a hot, greasy track!!! WOW, way to go Revere. Racing with you two is always a GREAT, clean, fast, perdictable and safe (almost) hoot.

Everyone at Skippy is special, being around so many good people once again made this weekend what it was for me. I treasure these moments with you all, thanks for being freinds in our community and dealing with my occasional immaturity.

See you all soon I hope

Name:	IMG_0218.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	1281   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0244.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	1282   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0246.JPG
Views:	340
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	1283   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0289.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	1284  

Name:	IMG_0293.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	1285   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	1286   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0448.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	1287   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0454.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	1288  

Last edited by cdh; 07-31-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-31-2006
Petey's Dad
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 54

By the way, all these nice photos were taken by my 9 year old girl Ryan. Thank you Honey, Daddy loves you and I think you found another thing your really good at!!!!

I like the one below which was a candid shot of Dick Lippert and Doug. Notice how Dick is explaining (once again ) to Doug (who really does not care ) how he should have been able to pass that car in the Masters race #2 but clearly the car was DOP and thus the terrible outcome.

I love you Dick, even with those Demon shirts you were wearing all weekend.

Name:	Dick.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	1290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ryan.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	1291  
Old 07-31-2006
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

one name - Keith Watts - what a fantastic job by a very capable, hard working, funny guy, way to go buddy (and we'll be looking for you to be sporting that mullet soon), and big thanks to all staff and crew, we chewed up the cars, you kept us racing, fabulous.

Great photos, the one of Hazmatt on the luge is one of the best pics I have ever seen, fantastic weekend

Old 07-31-2006
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML Peter Ludwig
By the way, all these nice photos were taken by my 9 year old girl Ryan. Thank you Honey, Daddy loves you and I think you found another thing your really good at!!!!

I like the one below which was a candid shot of Dick Lippert and Doug. Notice how Dick is explaining (once again ) to Doug (who really does not care ) how he should have been able to pass that car in the Masters race #2 but clearly the car was DOP and thus the terrible outcome.

I love you Dick, even with those Demon shirts you were wearing all weekend.
I was talking to Ryan about using her excellent photos in the year end videos, she liked the idea (and having her name in the credits on the big screen ), very, very nice pics (the Enzo / RT pic is really interesting).

No, I'm not yawning listening to Big Dick, really.....

Great driving Ludnuts......so did you rent a trailer to get all your trophies home in???? Super job, and also to Revere, that afternoon hot lap on the slippery track, double woof

Old 07-31-2006
Running Amok.
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Doug

I was thinking we should give all the kids a disposable camera at a race weekend, and see what they come up with. Could make an interesting chapter for the banquet video!

Peter

What's with the 'new you' in that post? Yikes! I want the old Peter back, I miss him!

Bookmark This Thread