Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing Equipment, Race Tracks & Travel Discussions

Old 08-25-2009
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36
Places to Stay for Road America

There were a lot of people at Road America this past weekend, and they seemed to be scattered around the Elkhart Lake area. Most persons are aware of the Baymont Inn, Siebkens, and the Osthoff. My aim is to get a thread that consolidates a set of experiences at various alternate lodging.

Earlier this year I stayed at the Best Western in Chilton. The only downside is the somewhat lengthy drive to the track, but if you like country roads and beautiful farm land, that might actually be a plus. This time I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Sheboygan just off I-43 (at exit 128) and found it excellent. The drive straight across County Road J was a pleasant commute to Road America. Definitely consider the Comfort Inn (or the Best Western) if your favorite place is booked next time.

Any other reviews from this weekend?
Old 08-25-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Re: Places to Stay for Road America

Days Inn, Sheboygan Falls. I usually don't stay at Days Inns because I find them typically on the seedy side, but this one was renovated and refurbished 2 years ago and owner and manager are both Indian. Usual amenities (wireless etc). Clean, well-maintained, nice lobby and breakfast room, but rooms small. Does have a pool and hot tub. Free breakfast (usual bagels, juice, coffee, oatmeal, waffle maker, cereal) but only 5 minutes from a family restaurant with great big steak and eggs and pancakes breakfasts. 14 minutes from the track, 20 to Siebken's. I stayed for $55/night internet AAA rate. If the Baymont is booked, this is my fallback.

Plus right next to a Sports Odyssey where there are frequently attractive young Wisconsin ladies playing league volleyball out back.
Old 08-26-2009
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Re: Places to Stay for Road America

The Americ-Inn in Plymouth is pretty nice, continental b'fast, pool, whirlpool, cheap, close to track, Internet, etc.

Bookmark This Thread