Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 03-19-2014
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Lapping Day Pricing

The snow is finally melting so I'm planning to sign up for a couple of Formula Car Lapping days. I noticed that the 2nd day of Lapping is often priced $200 more than the first. [$1450 vs. $1250]. These are regular Lapping Days so its unclear what the extra $200 buys you. Perhaps they install the wings back on on the cars for the second day?

Merlin
Old 03-19-2014
Diesel Demon
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: Lapping Day Pricing

I'm not sure when you were last in a SB car, but the RT school cars (no wings) are long gone. They've been converted (wings, sequential gearbox), so the entire RT fleet is now the same. These are now used in the school programs, and of course the race series programs.

As far as the Lapping Day price difference, I didn't know there was a change. Perhaps Dalyduo can shed some light on that.

Viz
Old 03-20-2014
Irrational National
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 815

Hey there Merlin,

The price difference is simply a supply/demand business decision. It will be roughly two 30 minute sessions either day.

If you are seeking value for your time, I would recommend the lower cost day then adding a third session, but to do that you would need to ask specifically if that will be available on the day you'd like to participate. The price for an extra session is half the full-day price. Otherwise if you do the standard two sessions, it will still be a great experience.

Good luck!

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 03-20-2014
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

I did two Lapping Days at LRP last year so that is why I was surprised to see the price difference this year. It was at Laguna Seca in Nov that I was told that SBRS had removed the wings from the school cars to save them for the races. However, I agree that the price difference is likely due to a new pricing model. Ultimately, at any price, it is still cheaper than running my own car.
Old 03-28-2014
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Sorry, late to the party here.

I know that they've started to make pricing track specific. The more expensive the track the more expensive school prices. Not sure how that applies to lapping days costing different amounts on consecutive days? Never heard of that before.

Not sure about wing removal. As Tireman mentioned the wingless school cars are long gone but I'd check with my customer service rep for clarification about both pricing and wings.

Gerardo has the smart angle on the most mileage for the buck if 3 sessions in one morning isn't too much at once.

Bookmark This Thread