Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Site Announcements, Support & Help > Site Announcements & Support

Old 08-31-2011
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Exclamation UPDATED: Problem and workaround with Safari v5.1 / Lion

Note: if you've recently been unable to see or access the drop-down menus on the TJR / Skippy Forums website using the Safari browser on a Mac (UPDATED: now also on iPhone/iPad & iPod Touch with iOS 5) after upgrading to either Safari v5.1 or OS Lion, you're not alone. It's not clear if this is a bug that will be fixed in a future release of Safari, or if Apple has implemented a stricter Javascript engine that I need to make our menus adhere to. This bug is NOT present in the Mobile (iPad / iPhone) or PC versions of Safari as far as we know.

In the meantime, you can use either Firefox or Google Chrome. We'll let you know when it's safe to go back in the jungle.

S

Last edited by sydude; 10-25-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2011
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: Problem and workaround with TJR & desktop version of Safari v5.1 / Mac OS Lion

I haven't had issues with drop-down menus (that I've noticed) in Safari, but the layout of the page changed the past few days. The bugs forum was missing, and the text didn't wrap so that the forum titles went all the way across the window. Also, the online members, birthdays, and upcoming events weren't at the bottom. I'm on a PC right now, and all looks fine, so it will be interesting to see if everything's back to normal when I get back on my Mac.
Old 10-25-2011
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995
Re: UPDATED: Problem and workaround with Safari v5.1 / Lion

RESOLVED. With the new iOS 5 the drop down menus also disappeared on all of Apple's iOS devices, so it wasn't feasible to carry on with the old menu system. I rebuilt it using CSS - it's not as pretty, but it's faster and less buggy. Let me know if you're having problems with it.
Old 10-25-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Sydude is da man...thanks bud (assuming this all works for the M-heads - fine on PC / F-Fox)
Old 10-27-2011
Irrational National
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 815

Sy,

The new menus are working well for me (Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard, Safari 5.1). The look is still very nice!! Thank you!

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use

Bookmark This Thread