Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Site Announcements, Support & Help > Site Announcements & Support
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 6
Re: January 2010 Bug Report Thread

Hey CDH, Thanks for the new avatar - it looks great.:bowdown : I have always been using the gravel trap avatar you created for me but its seems that for the past few weeks it has stopped being visible. Thanks for the update!!!!
Old 09-12-2010
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Subject View Post
Hey CDH, Thanks for the new avatar - it looks great.:bowdown : I have always been using the gravel trap avatar you created for me but its seems that for the past few weeks it has stopped being visible. Thanks for the update!!!!
no prob - here is the gravel trap if you would like to change it back to "classic mode"
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2010
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
So GT, you changed it to the f cars pic, right? Double Burger Better!

Harsha, added one for you, I think your profile pics and avatars got crossed up for some reason.

I see dead avatars
I go away for a couple of days and look what happens. I LOVE THE AVATAR. Yes the helmet-tux one was a large image from a camera but it worked for a long time (about 6 months). Although I liked it, was time for a change. The secret about that one was that wasn't me in the helmet or the tux. I thought it was so great that someone else thought wearing my helmet was cool that I snapped the pic. You guys know that we are rock stars to some of our friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Subject View Post
Hey CDH, Thanks for the new avatar - it looks great.:bowdown : I have always been using the gravel trap avatar you created for me but its seems that for the past few weeks it has stopped being visible.
Probably because it sounds like you have been staying out of them lately. What's wrong?

Last edited by Slowhands; 09-13-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2010
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

I think the avatar problem might be an issue involving linking a Facebook avatar with your TJR identity. Facebook seems to allow larger avatar file sizes than TJR. If you elect to link your TJR avatar with Facebook and the Facebook avatar exceeds the TJR allowable file size all that is displayed is the empty box with the red X in it.
Old 09-14-2010
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso View Post
I think the avatar problem might be an issue involving linking a Facebook avatar with your TJR identity. Facebook seems to allow larger avatar file sizes than TJR. If you elect to link your TJR avatar with Facebook and the Facebook avatar exceeds the TJR allowable file size all that is displayed is the empty box with the red X in it.
That might be one way it goes wrong, but I fashioned my avatar specifically for TJR. It was a camera photograph that I compressed and cropped down to supposedly appropriate size, and was accepted by the site for several months. I don't have any links between Juicy and FB. If there is one thing I have learned about soft- and hard-ware related entities, is that no matter how good the design or execution, "bugs happen."
Old 09-14-2010
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
That might be one way it goes wrong, but I fashioned my avatar specifically for TJR. It was a camera photograph that I compressed and cropped down to supposedly appropriate size, and was accepted by the site for several months. I don't have any links between Juicy and FB. If there is one thing I have learned about soft- and hard-ware related entities, is that no matter how good the design or execution, "bugs happen."
Hey, I thought I made a separate Bug thread

"Bugs Happen" - a bumper sticker seen on Veyron headed for a lagoon

Yer right Mr H, they do
Old 09-15-2010
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso View Post
I'll bump up the avatar size on TJR to match Facebook. Anyone know what the facebook size is?
Old 09-15-2010
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydude View Post
I'll bump up the avatar size on TJR to match Facebook. Anyone know what the facebook size is?
200 wide for sure, up to about 400 tall, maybe even 500 tall
Old 09-15-2010
G-force junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
200 wide for sure, up to about 400 tall, maybe even 500 tall
Somewhat larger avatar size capability would give more flexibility, but I don't know if you want to fully match FB, since here the avatar appears on every post. 400 or 500 tall avatars would cause post headers to take up an awful lot of real estate, and significantly stretch the thread vertically with unused blank space requiring much more scrolling.
Old 09-15-2010
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

My FB avatar is 200x205. When I llinked it to TJR I got the empty box. Switched back to 150x150 and no problem.

Bookmark This Thread