Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 09-07-2007
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36
Re: Mid-Ohio Regional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands
Hey John--

There is a sprint car race in Plymouth that Sat night. Randy can rent us cars. After the session on Wed, you and Revere should be good to go. Let's run! There's a purse, after all, and I think LAST place pays $90! I say we road racers go separate the dirt boys from their money.
And what is the likelihood that you can avoid crash damage while giving them that lesson?
Old 09-07-2007
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

It is sink or swim... No life rings at the dirt track Ted!
Old 09-07-2007

Why not! After Wednesday, we should know which car(s) are quick.
Old 09-07-2007
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar92
PS- John, I am trying to arrange for about 6-8 school cars mixed in with an R/T 2000 fleet at RA.... Big Dan said he'd really make sure they were race equalized and prepped since school testing is really for a sound car that is reasonable in speed.
I have an idea.....why not run the school cars for the masters memorial on the final RA weekend, it would be a blast. A throwback race so to speak with old drivers, cars and I'm sure i could find my old Simpson suit from 1988.

john, I'm sure you would vote for that one.... let's have a pole of those eligible to do the masters memorial...doug or someone can you make that happen???
Old 09-07-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by donv
I have an idea.....why not run the school cars for the masters memorial on the final RA weekend, it would be a blast. A throwback race so to speak with old drivers, cars and I'm sure i could find my old Simpson suit from 1988.

john, I'm sure you would vote for that one.... let's have a pole of those eligible to do the masters memorial...doug or someone can you make that happen???
Yeah, I can see what's going on here... you veterans with hundreds of hours in the cars trying to stick it to us newbies who have only 3 day school time. I'm old-school at heart and would love to race 'em now that I have some skills, but not without some practice seat time beforehand, especially when thrown in the ring with you sly foxes and wily coyotes with points at stake. I've heard tell they are more challenging to drive than the current R/T...I can see you checking your mirrors and grinning already. I'm all for an all-school-car Memorial though.

P.S. Some "Masters" aren't that old. Somewhere I've hidden pics of my '88 mullet.
Old 09-07-2007

Gallery Images: 122

While we are discussing RA, any chance of an enduro this year?
Old 09-08-2007
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Quote:
Yeah, I can see what's going on here... you veterans with hundreds of hours in the cars trying to stick it to us newbies who have only 3 day school time. I'm old-school at heart and would love to race 'em now that I have some skills, but not without some practice seat time beforehand, especially when thrown in the ring with you sly foxes and wily coyotes with points at stake. I've heard tell they are more challenging to drive than the current R/T...I can see you checking your mirrors and grinning already. I'm all for an all-school-car Memorial though.

P.S. Some "Masters" aren't that old. Somewhere I've hidden pics of my '88 mullet.
Points not important to me, running in sportsman most of the year with the lower point awards has dropped me way back anyway

The kink flat is a little more interesting in the old cars, now it's a snooze but the carousel is by far the most challenging in the FF and offers the best opportunity to gain lap time as i recall. 7 can also get testy flat if not precise. All these comments are based on the FF i have never driven the formula dodge car, it may be different.
Old 09-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by donv
Points not important to me, running in sportsman most of the year with the lower point awards has dropped me way back anyway

The kink flat is a little more interesting in the old cars, now it's a snooze but the carousel is by far the most challenging in the FF and offers the best opportunity to gain lap time as i recall. 7 can also get testy flat if not precise. All these comments are based on the FF i have never driven the formula dodge car, it may be different.
Great idea Don. Any chance to run the school cars is welcome.

They are more fun to drive for sure = bigger slip angle, and shifting is a bit of a challenge for the first lap back in them, but driven well, far more satisfying than the RTs - and do they draft .

Keith is working on them for the memorial and that could be either regular or enduro format. Mixing them with RTs would be fine - we did that at Sebring a few years ago.

Not sure we'd have enough for the Master's race, but if we do, I'd give Harsha 2 and 7/8ths laps to relearn them which is plenty. Revere is flat through the Kink the first lap, it takes 2 for me.
Old 09-08-2007
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 7

Quote:
I'm old-school at heart and would love to race 'em now that I have some skills, but not without some practice seat time beforehand,
Harsha,

Skills? Lets not go overboard on the forum.

Let the trash talking begin for RA. Where is Kasey when I need him to back me up.

Marc
Old 09-08-2007

Gallery Images: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Greist
Revere is flat through the Kink the first lap, it takes 2 for me.
Yes, but didn't it take you and Revere about four years of practice in the school cars to be able to go flat in the Kink? And besides, now the school cars have been throttled back too.
Old 09-09-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatertownNewbie
Yes, but didn't it take you and Revere about four years of practice in the school cars to be able to go flat in the Kink? And besides, now the school cars have been throttled back too.
True, it took Revere and me 4 years to go flat though the Kink - did it the same weekend without consulting before hand. Probably could have done it a year or so before. But when the Dodge engines arrived in '95, Jim Pace and Barry Waddell were lifting before the Kink - I have great video of them alone and together and we kept watching that video - and that held us back until Jim said, "The car will do it flat."

In addition to power restriction now, the shock package has been refined and the tires are better. Anyone running Championship should be able to go flat through the Kink, 7 and Billy Mitchell in a school car - or not .
Old 09-09-2007
Punisher

I will do the sprint car race Saturday night. I'm not joking.
Old 09-09-2007

Gallery Images: 122

I haven't been directly asked, but i would do it. I am afraid once try the lapping day, i will be desperate to race sat night.
Old 09-10-2007
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreist
I will do the sprint car race Saturday night. I'm not joking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsutherland
I haven't been directly asked, but i would do it. I am afraid once try the lapping day, i will be desperate to race sat night.
Now guys, don't be kidding around. I know its hard to believe , but I'm already pencilled in for Sat nite. If you're serious, I'll check with Randy on car availability. Cost to race Sat nite is $650 if I recall correctly, everything included except crash damage, as Ted astutely noted earlier (I think its a heat race and either the A or B main depending on how you do in the heat). I suggest watching a World of Outlaws event on Speed (there have been a ton on lately) in order to get some idea of the risks involved.

Craig, you sound like a junkie who's gone straight for a while but is on the verge of agreeing to a little taste for old times sake. No formal invitations are required: you want it, just ask. But if you prefer an invitation, consider this it. Come join us crazies. Trust your fears.

That would make me the pusher, I guess. Welcome to my little street corner.

Bookmark This Thread