Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2006
OTB
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 19
A new car "problem"

I need help. Yes, beyond the usual type of clinical help provided by Dr. Greist.

I'm in the process of relocating my home; however, I'm planning on commuting to work. The commute involves a roughly 70-90 mile drive each way, mostly highway, but the part near home involves backroads and fun twisty sections. Those of you who know Philly will recognize my unfortunate need to travel the Schuylkill Expressway daily. Local conditions call for a vehicle that can handle that run, and a Mid-Atlantic climate: occasional rain and a crappy snowy winter, at times.
I currently have the good fortune to drive two different exceptional vehicles: a Bentley Conty GT, and a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I love everything about the GT, but it's a gas hog - probably less than 15mpg highway. The Porsche is also a gas hog (similar mileage), and is currently being Lemon-Law'd for an un-fixable electrical gremlin.

Here's the job: What's the perfect vehicle (car or truck) for the new commute, given the stated need to consider gas mileage and performance/style at the same time?

Assume the following:

1. For purposes of discussion, assume (rather incorrectly) that price doesn't matter.
2. I'm interested in performance and comfort, but don't want to gas up twice a day.
3. I don't care much for Mercedes, but am willing to consider that marque.
4. I think Chris Bangle is the anti-Christ.
5. I'm willing to get a beater truck just for the snow days; however, that doen't help with the primary problem of gas mileage and performance on the other 340 days of the year.

I know, I know, a fun problem to have.

Bookmark This Thread