Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 06-14-2005
Hey ya'll, watch this
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 6
Skip Barber Racing School on Seinfeld?!

I remember awhile back seeing what I thought was a Skip Barber logo on Jerry Seinfeld's 'fridge in his on-screen apartment. Well today, sitting around, watching reruns of Seinfeld, I got a good look at it...

Lo and behold, right on his fridge, a big Skip Barber racing school magnet!

Next time you see an episode look out for the skippy magnet... the episode I saw it on was the one where Jerry takes the waitress to the Tonys and Kramer gets swept on stage and accidentally accepts a Tony for "Scarsdale Suprise."
"I'm not a fearful person. There's no feeling in the world that I've had that's like it. You're driving something that's out of control but you're controlling it. What else should I do? Plant flowers in the backyard? Go to a barbecue? I'll do that, but this rocks my world. When you get out of a race car, the grass is a little greener and the sky is a little bluer."
Old 06-15-2005
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Re: Skip Barber Racing School on Seinfeld?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMiller
I remember awhile back seeing what I thought was a Skip Barber logo on Jerry Seinfeld's 'fridge in his on-screen apartment. Well today, sitting around, watching reruns of Seinfeld, I got a good look at it...

Lo and behold, right on his fridge, a big Skip Barber racing school magnet!

Next time you see an episode look out for the skippy magnet... the episode I saw it on was the one where Jerry takes the waitress to the Tonys and Kramer gets swept on stage and accidentally accepts a Tony for "Scarsdale Suprise."
Yup, I recall always seeing a Skippy sticker on his fridge. If I recall correctly, he also had a Superman action figure or logo in every single show he made, but each one in a different place.

Seinfeld has always been a car nut, and is one of the biggest Porsche collectors in the US. He even built a 5 car garage just for his Porsches on the Upper West Side in NYC.
Old 06-15-2005
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Thumbs up Re: Skip Barber Racing School on Seinfeld?!

The story the instructors like to tell is that Seinfeld went through the schools and did a few races out in California. (It is true that he's a past client. I believe he's on the list they have on the website.) He crashed a few cars, and to make up for it, he gave Skippy massive free publicity by putting the logo sticker on the upper right corner of his fridge. It's in every episode from the time he decided to do so. After all, it was his show, and stickers aren't as easily removed by prop managers/set designers as magnets are...
Old 06-15-2005
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

here ya go.......also look for a Porsche 550 poster on the wall of his 'apartment'. In his Porsche collection he has a concours quality example of every significant Porsche ever made, one of the finest collections in the world.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2005
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Yup, Jerry on celebrity alum list

And here is a quiz.........who is in the picture on top of the Alumni Page? You veterans can refrain from answering, let the noobs have a shot!

Of course this could be tough for veterans......click here for the answer

please note: new Skip website no longer has the picture - cdh

Last edited by cdh; 10-04-2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-15-2005
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

I have a pretty good idea but no certainty. (Like my driving. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh

And here is a quiz.........who is in the picture on top of the Alumni Page? You veterans can refrain from answering, let the noobs have a shot!

Last edited by cdh; 10-04-2005 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2005
OTB
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh

Of course this could be tough for veterans......click here for the answer

You know, it's kind of eerie, but I think the picture on the Alumni page is of Dick Lippert! Either him, or Fangio. I'm just not sure.

Bookmark This Thread