Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 02-04-2010
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
My car is ageing more gracefully than me..

2003 BMW M3 which I've owned and babied since new (greatest car in the world overall for me) just hit 100,000 miles, and I took a picture of it with my mobile at night. I'm so proud of her! Had to pull over to do it, otherwise it came out blurry with all the vibration. Keeping her forever.
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW - 100000 Miles.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	3653  

Last edited by sydude; 02-04-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2010
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: My car is ageing more gracefully than me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydude View Post
2003 BMW M3 which I've owned and babied since new (greatest car in the world overall for me) just hit 100,000 miles, and I took a picture of it with my mobile at night at night. I'm so proud of her! Had to pull over to do it, otherwise it came out blurry with all the vibration. Keeping her forever.
sweet
congrats
Old 02-04-2010
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

nice pic
Old 02-05-2010

Gallery Images: 8

Can't believe its an 2003! Looks jusr as sweet when she was new! Does your wife know about this lust for another woman?
Old 02-05-2010
Team OC/AD D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRockRacer View Post
Can't believe its an 2003! Looks jusr as sweet when she was new! Does your wife know about this lust for another woman?
She's fine with it, because she knows where my priorities are.

1) racing
2) cars
3) wife

Old 02-05-2010
tto-tgood
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1

Going a little off thread here, but great avatar Sy!

Congrats on the 100,000 too.
Old 02-05-2010
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Tom,
That reverse-aging therapy has done wonders for Sy as the picture illustrates... But his hair is still gray... Hence the helmet.
Old 06-17-2011
Team OC/AD D

A little more than a year after taking the picture this thread originated from, I had the opportunity to coordinate/time what I think would be another very cool picture (and a perfect example of what OCD can do). This occurred sometime in April, but I've only gotten around to posting it now. Yes, it took a small amount of calculation and thinking to set the plan, and an insane amount of checking and re-checking of the odometer as I was driving to make sure I hit the trip meter reset at the exact right time in advance, as well as to make sure I didn't blow by the actual 111,111.11 mark. It was nerve wracking! And then of course to make it extra nerve-wracking, I tried to time the final drive to occur close to either 11:11am or 1:11pm. It didn't happen at 11:11, but 1:11 is still pretty cool, me thinks. No?

So here's some pretty easy trivia - at what odometer mileage should you reset the trip meter in advance so that you have the best (hint: longest) opportunity to have the odometer and trip meter align like below while in motion?
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2762-small.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	4348   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2760-small.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	4349   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2759-small.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	4350   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2765-small.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	4351  

Old 06-17-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Very impressive Sy. The only opportunity you missed was goosing the idle up to 1,100 rpm. :-)
Old 06-17-2011

Gallery Images: 8

Quote:
A little more than a year after taking the picture this thread originated from, I had the opportunity to coordinate/time what I think would be another very cool picture (and a perfect example of what OCD can do). This occurred sometime in April, but I've only gotten around to posting it now. Yes, it took a small amount of calculation and thinking to set the plan, and an insane amount of checking and re-checking of the odometer as I was driving to make sure I hit the trip meter reset at the exact right time in advance, as well as to make sure I didn't blow by the actual 111,111.11 mark. It was nerve wracking! And then of course to make it extra nerve-wracking, I tried to time the final drive to occur close to either 11:11am or 1:11pm. It didn't happen at 11:11, but 1:11 is still pretty cool, me thinks. No?

So here's some pretty easy trivia - at what odometer mileage should you reset the trip meter in advance so that you have the best (hint: longest) opportunity to have the odometer and trip meter align like below while in motion?
Please don't tell me you me you did this on January 11' 2011!

Dude, you need some professional consultation!
Old 06-17-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Brilliant!! The trip odometer joining in is inspired. Shouldn't it be OOCD? Obsessive Odometer Calculating Driver?
Good one Sy, but next time just send me the pics with any mileage, I'll make the odo, trip odo, clock, GPS, road signs and everything else read 11111111
Old 06-17-2011

Quote:

It would have been 10x cooler if u had nailed the 11:11 time!! you missed out on a 1 !!

just kidding

on my porsche - i tried for forever and failed to get the mini track timer to end on 20:08 so it would show the 'year' under the clock but i never could get it to land on .08 seconds :/
Old 06-17-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
It would have been 10x cooler if u had nailed the 11:11 time!! you missed out on a 1 !!

just kidding

on my porsche - i tried for forever and failed to get the mini track timer to end on 20:08 so it would show the 'year' under the clock but i never could get it to land on .08 seconds :/
You people have waaayyyyyyyy too much time on your hands.

On the other hand, I have a picture somewhere of my speedo and tach in the Elan showing 135 mph on the Laurentian Autoroute which I was dumb enough to take myself while driving with my brand new wife sitting shotgun. The honeymoon, BTW, included the '67 Can-Am at Bridgehampton and the Watkins Glen GP, followed by a track tour of the pretty much deserted St. Jovite race circuit, better known to you kids as Mt. Tremblant. Did I find a great woman or what???

Uh. What's a hijack, exactly???
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."

Bookmark This Thread