Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions
View Poll Results: How do you jusdge the lap 9 incident between Michael and Giancarlo?
This is just racing, Michael just was unlucky. 12 70.59%
Fisichella pushed the limit of sportiness by risking contact with Michael 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2006
Bavarian Berserk
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Schumi Puncture - Just racing?

To my knowledgable friends from Skippy world:

What an exciting race thanks to Schumacher's impressive storm through the field. What a great missed opportunity, after a season with uncharacteristically many MS blunders, the F248 denies him another victory.

But --- to me it seems the media already had prefabricated some of their headlines. After all the battle for the constructors' title was still somewhat open.

I was surprised, that no one has an issue with the fact, that Fisichella is running into the back of Schumacher after he had been clealy passed by a good two cat lengths. How much more can a pass be clear. Michael even locked up going into turn one, allowing Fisi for additional space. On attempt two some 50 laps later, Fisi again braked much later than he should but this time Michael was smart enough to pass on the inside.

Fisi's action cost Ferrari the constructor's title - do you have an issue with that or not?

I would appreciate if the comments focussed only on the interlagos Grand Prix of 2006 and that reminiscences about Jerez and Adelaide be spared here.
Old 10-24-2006
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: Schumi Puncture - Just racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkmama
To my knowledgable friends from Skippy world:

Fisichella is running into the back of Schumacher after he had been clealy passed by a good two cat lengths.
Where they black cats by any chance?
Old 10-24-2006
Bavarian Berserk

yes - black! And thaaaaaaat long
Old 10-24-2006
WB RCD Retired at 22

Yes I have an issue with it. However, even if it was investigated I think that at the end of the day to could not be called anything but a racing incident if consistency was to be maintained. Not that the FIA or track stewards have done that in the past mind you. And furthermore they could only levy a penalty against Fisi which would not help Michael. The real problem came in Hungary where there was a lost opportunity for some easy points…
Old 10-24-2006
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

My TIVO hard drive must have some surface flaws. It skipped the 'two car lengths in front' part altogether. All I see is Mikey outbraking Fisi into the corner, Fisi with all 4 wheels on the curbing, and the pluperfect Mr. S. closing the door about three inches too early.

I know Fisi's actions may have looked like team orders but everybody knows team orders are and always have been against the rules in F1. That's why they call them teams.

In spite of his flagrant violation of the rules it was one of Fisi's most controlled efforts. Mikey gave us one hell of an show in his final drive. The kid who came in second didn't miss a beat either.
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 10-24-2006

I think it was a racing incident. However, when Schumacher went to pass Kimi near the end of the race both drivers were able to hold their cars within an inch or so of each other without touching. So what does that say about Fisi's ability to drive a car right on the limit versus Michael's and Kimi's?
Old 10-24-2006
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1

My opinion is that it was just a racing incident. I didn't Tivo the race nor have I looked up replays on the internet.

My recollection from watching the race live on Sunday is that, when I saw it, I didn't see any reason to blame Fisi.

I seem to recall Schumacher not being completely clear of Fisi when he turned in and Fisi used up all of the apex curbing trying to avoid the contact. At least he used more than I recall them using normally in that corner.

Bottomline, I think it was a great move on Schumacher's part to try to get past a "blocker" as Fisi was, per team orders. He just couldn't clear him all the way and the contact occurred.

I would like to see replays as this is just my recollection.
Old 10-24-2006
Punisher

Didn't look intentional to me.
Old 10-24-2006
Petey's Dad

Gallery Images: 54

Someone post a video of the darn incident for those that were at B-day parties with the kids!!
Old 10-24-2006
Selfish Bastard

Whats Up petey. Going to bed now. We in for thursday.

CDH post the banquet vid will ya.
Old 10-25-2006
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5&counting
.....CDH post the banquet vid will ya.
MF - buy a DVD will ya.....
Old 10-25-2006
Fund Raiser Racer

send me mine i will double the price

$ MONSTRA MIHI PECUNIAM $
Old 10-25-2006
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgersid
send me mine i will double the price
I am sending yours out in tomorrow's mail Sid, all of them will be mailed by tomorrow, happy to double the price for you.....
Old 10-28-2006
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML Peter Ludwig
Someone post a video of the darn incident for those that were at B-day parties with the kids!!
tonight, Saturday 10/28, 8:30 Eastern, Speed is rebroadcasting the race so you may see the incident, which is what it was, wunna them racin deals

Last edited by cdh; 10-31-2006 at 12:43 PM.

Bookmark This Thread