Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing Equipment, Race Tracks & Travel Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2008
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2
Re: Karts & Kart tracks

The two closest tracks to NYC are Englishtown, www.racewaypark.com, and OVRP, www.ovrp.com. I believe that Englishtown is a little bit closer than OVRP to the city but maybe by 20 or 30 minutes. OVRP is in the middle of nowhere. House, house oh there's a nice track. Englishtown is off Rt. 9 and not quite in the middle of nowhere but not far off. Englishtown track is in a parking lot but I like it a lot. Plus, you can watch drag racing when you aren't racing. Full Tilt run by Keith Raffa has a good setup and can rent you anything you want. I don't know the same for OVRP b/c I have never rented from there but I know they have some sort of rental capacity. I definitely recommend a rib protector. You must get something with a hard shell instead of just padding. I have a Freeminds protector, but the Sparco VS is good as well as a Sabelt hard shell knockoff of the freeminds. Ribtect makes a hard shell carbon fiber one but it looks like a girdle. My freeminds has protected me in many situations. If you have any more questions, shoot me an email at agatoff@gmail.com

Bookmark This Thread