Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 06-15-2009
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Race Chatter from Lime Rock 6/12/09

got 4 out of 5 groups, missed G3R1 but I wanted to get both MX5 groups, I condensed the pace lap in a couple, best to synch to green if watching your incar and listening at same time...all mp3 files. As usual, not the greatest audio, but there is lots to listen to. I did not listen to these all the way through, just don't have the time to so hopefully nothing really ugly!

G1R1 - 28:43 - Formula Skip - includes final comment after checker

G2R1 - 27:53 - MX-5

G4R1 - 36:04 - MX-5 - I was shooting pace lap from truck, they ask Lugnutz for some good action for vid. You'll have to wait til the fall to see it tho

G5R1 - 30:18 - Formula Skip - Jason and Kelly in Al Carter's Maser as pace car...some talk at beginning

If you all can help spread the word these are posted, esp to MX5 groups I would appreciate it, don't have those emails. At the track many were anxious to hear their races but I doubt they remember the forum...thanks

Last edited by cdh; 06-15-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-15-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Re: Race Chatter from Lime Rock 6/12/09

Doug--

Thanks a million for recording the chatter-- really helps us relive the excitement of the race when sync'd to the video. I doubt most realize how much work goes into getting these ready. We are grateful for your passion for having us all get the absolute most out of the sport and willingness to burn the midnight oil editing all this. I for one will certainly miss the chatter from the race weekends that you will not attend. Might try to figure out how to do it myself. How big does each race file end up being in raw form?
Old 06-15-2009
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
Might try to figure out how to do it myself. How big does each race file end up being in raw form?
thanks, files raw from iPod are pretty big. I use another app to convert the wavs to mp3, then edit, export, upload to server and post. Screen shot below shows the 3 files for 4 races (I let it run for G1 & G2 hence the huge file).

iPod not the right device for this, doesn't have enough battery life. At track have to get a couple races, then throw on car charger for a while, then get more races (doing this and racing is maddening). There are many digital recorders that will do this, need one with either longer batt. life or one that will work on 115 vac while recording (can't with iPod). Will let ya know what I find out. Need to just set up recorder in race control before race one and let it record all day, noting start times of each race would make finding them easy.

The 2nd pic is the Micromemo adapter used with the iPod, just get a male/male miniplug cable and connect scanner headphone out to Micromeno input (the cool gooseneck mic stays in the bag). Works great aside from the power problem.
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	chatter-file-sizes.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	3257   Click image for larger version

Name:	micromemo2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	3258  

Last edited by cdh; 06-15-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-15-2009
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Thanks for the chatter! Do you have the MX-5 race on Saturday?
Old 06-15-2009
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMather View Post
Thanks for the chatter! Do you have the MX-5 race on Saturday?
Hey Phil, glad to help - sorry but what I posted is what I got - was at NJMP Saturday to cover the National. Hopefully we'll get more at upcoming race weekends.
What group did you run at Lime Rock?
Old 06-16-2009
4am Ninja
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Thanks Doug, you're the man. How did nationals go?

Bookmark This Thread