Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 04-24-2012
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

SBRS Truck and Trailer stolen in South Carolina

I am saddened to learn that 3 of our veteran mechanics had their Skippy Dually Pickup and 20' trailer stolen last night from a motel parking lot. It's too bad they don't know who did it, but the guys lost all of their tools. They easily lost $4000 in their own tools.. These kids work really hard for what they have. I don't know if this is appropriate to post this or not. But this really sucks that hard working law abiding Americans get stolen from in their own right. This is terrible. Anybody have any ideas on how to help these guys get some tools? This is how they make their living, tools and hands.... Thanks again, Keith
Old 04-24-2012
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Re: SBRS Truck and Trailer stolen in South Carolina

Keith, doesn't Skippy have some insurance on mechanics tools? Give me a call to discuss...
Old 04-24-2012
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

That's terrible !!! I feel really bad for those guys. I hope Chris' idea re: insurance helps.
Old 04-24-2012
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36

Perhaps a bit off the topic, but is this the same trailer that has several of the drivers' seat inserts? Or is that some other trailer?

I agree that theft is despicable, and it would be nice if the company has insurance coverage for something like this. Yuck.
Old 04-24-2012
Diesel Demon
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Just awful. Hope they catch the bastards.

Too many SB truck thefts over the past few years. Maybe it's time for management to consider tracking (Lojack etc) devices that
truck companies use.

Viz
Old 04-25-2012
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Ted,
It is not the trailer with driver seat inserts. I believe it was the short trailer used to transport hospitality tables with enough additional space to fit personal tool boxes and other items. Unless I'm mistaken it's the trailer used by the hospitality crew, when emptied of tables and other items, to hold and organize food during race weekends. It is usually parked near or in back of the long awninged hospitality trailer.

The tragedy is, this theft hurts the guys with the least means to protect themselves, the most. The Dually and trailer are probably insured but the personal contents are most likely not covered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatertownNewbie View Post
Perhaps a bit off the topic, but is this the same trailer that has several of the drivers' seat inserts? Or is that some other trailer?

I agree that theft is despicable, and it would be nice if the company has insurance coverage for something like this. Yuck.

Bookmark This Thread