Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions

Old 01-04-2012
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Barfield Confirmed as Indycar Race Director

Barfield confirmed as IndyCar race director

Rahal, Walker Weigh In On Beaux Barfield
Old 01-04-2012
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Re: Barfield Confirmed as Indycar Race Director

I think this is a great hire, a positive development for IndyCar. Beaux was sometimes race director for Panoz Race Series events-- he is a smart guy who knows what he is doing, very approachable and helpful, connects with you on a personal level. I still remember him taking the trouble to carefully write down a slightly complicated back way to get me from Road Atlanta to I-75 North of Atlanta that saved time compared to the gridlock of Atlanta beltway rush-hour traffic, and giving me his cell number to call if I got lost. The event was over, I was still in my early, back-of-the-grid greenhorn wanker days, it was Sunday afternoon, he didn't need to deal with me any more, he was OTD. But he cared. I already like his approach to the reshaping of the rules.
Old 01-06-2012
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Re: Barfield Confirmed as Indycar Race Director

MILLER: Farewell To TGBB

Robin Miller bids an impassioned goodbye to the character known as "The Great Brian Barnhart."

"To understand how much of an upgrade the IZOD IndyCar Series received in Race Control this week,
you have to know how out of control it’s been the past 15 years under "The Great Brian Barnhart."

TGBB’s legacy should be remembered as one of a power-hungry mechanic who was given the keys to
the kingdom, thought he was bigger than the show and imposed his ego at every turn.

Instead of following in the footsteps of past Indy car chief stewards, he was allowed to become a dictator,
one with no apparent checks and balances and nobody to question his reasoning. His rule book was written
with a gray pencil and his rulings were as inconsistent as they were maddening." more

Bookmark This Thread