Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 05-11-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
2004 Spanish GP - Points Standings & Summary

All I can say is thank goodness for Tivo. Without it, last Sunday's Ferrari inspired borefest would have been at least 6 times longer if I had to sit through every one of those awful Cayenne commercials and the constant drone of Schumi's broken exhaust (which by the way I have been told by a VERY RELIABLE source was a total fabrication by the FIA to try and create some suspense for the viewership by installing a remotely controlled exhaust speaker in his car.)

The big winner in the F1 competition this week was Jimal (!!!), who dropped his donut while entering his picks, accidentally hitting the wrong keys and taking him from 10th last week to 7th this week. Nice!

fitilehpeach and Pork Chop (the old hammertime) were the next big winners, going from last to second to last (he had a huge deficit there!), and from 4th to 3rd, respectively. jcraige extended his points lead over macdod with another solid performance, leading some of us to believe whether or not he's cheating.

The big losers this week were CMAC and juicyjules, pulling in 2 of the 3 worst picks for the week, dropping them from 3rd to 4th and from 5th to 8th. PowerKraut birkmama, the man who you can always count on to not have an opinion on anything, put another commandingly mediocre performance to drop himself from 6th to 9th. His picks proved once again that he's the perfect candidate to take over from Mario Thiessen.

Next race is.. oh who cares? Far more exciting will be this weekend's race weekend at Lime Rock....

Please check your picks by clicking here, which will also give you the full spreadsheet- click here
Old 05-11-2004
Bavarian Berserk
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: 2004 Spanish GP - Points Standings & Summary

Interesting that the two point leaders have exploited their contingent of Ferrari/MS/RB almost entirely. Jim and Don will be delighted to know that according to unconfirmed rumors BMW will unleash a new evolution of its P84 with assumed 1200hp for Monaco and at the same time it seems as McLaren will unveil its all new MP4-19F (steps B through E splintered in the crash test) - NOT.
So you know-it-alls, what are you going to do next?
Old 05-11-2004
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

I am going to see if I can get my hands on the new BMW engine. God knows I could use the 1200hp this weekend. It's supposed to rain and, well, let's face it, my car control talent needs a challenge.
Old 05-12-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995

All I know is that Jim and Martin missed the clinic. There was MUCHO lap time reduction out there. Jim, you are in serious (ok, maybe just 'a little bit of') danger of having Auriemma whup your butt.

Martin, I'm bringing a cube. Let the games begin!
Old 05-12-2004
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

I would have paid VERY good money to see Michael take out Gerardo. THAT must have gone over well. I also would have paid very good money to see you SLAY the gas pump as well. Now THAT was a fight! I am signed up for Watkins Glen but I wish i had done LRP as well. Bill said it was a blast and really helped. He has given me 3 second a lap the next time we race and said you guys would do the same (except for michael). I guess I'll just have to try to run him off the road. Mutual assured anilation worked during the cold war!

Bookmark This Thread