Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 02-02-2006
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Thumbs up CDH reaches a milestone

So the guy who has all the TJR birthdays on his reminder calendar and is often the first to post birthday greetings doesn’t post his own special day and only leaves bread crumbs for his absent minded friends to decipher. Well, the jig is up and even though we missed the actual date, (1/28 Sorry ol’ boy) we won’t miss this opportunity to celebrate a milestone for someone who does so much to make Team Juicy Racing a seriously fun place to visit and Skip Barber Race Weekends so vividly recalled.

Of course, I’m speaking of Doug Harrison. The guy who delivers to TJR a visual style and sense of humor that is both unique and familiar solely due to his creative hand. Doug regularly performs professional level photo-shop magic that is so good most of us laugh without realizing the many hours spent making his mischief look organic. (If you haven’t spent 20 minutes inspecting the detail in Doug’s LRP backwards map, you’ve really missed out.)

Doug also conceives, shoots, brilliantly edits and tweaks all those cleverly & professionally crafted banquet video’s that show, far better than we’ll ever find words for, why we cherish spending time with each other at Skip Barber Race weekends.

Easily lost in the fanfare about his photo and video mastery is his ability as a race driver. After almost a year of not turning a wheel at a Skippy event he joined us at Mt. Tremblant last summer and finished 2nd in both races. He did this in between shooting hours of video that would later become the Divi/Walt Grudge match, a touching salute to Divina, and the joint Eastern/Midwest race weekend highlight video from Mt. Tremblant. No wonder he overslept and missed his Sunday podium awards ceremony.

Doug’s sneaky good at everything he does which is also why he never calls attention to himself. He’s usually looking over our collective shoulders capturing moments we’d never remember a week after they happened until, when seen in one of his videos, they become treasured artifacts and special memories for family and friends. So we can’t let someone who takes such good care of us, cross the threshold of his 5th decade without making some noise.

Thanks Doug, for being the race weekend witness - documentarian who watches our back, catches us at our best, worst and funniest moments and blends them together with grace and style so that decades later we have a lot more than our faulty memories to invoke “The Good Old Days”.

Thanks for devoting so much of your skills as a racer, photographer, videographer and writer to improving the quality of TJR and Skip Barber life.  

Happy Birthday!

Let us raise a glass to Mr. Harrison ladies and gentlemen… 3 cheers for Doug!
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	DougInCooper2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	945  
Old 02-02-2006
Thumb-alina
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Re: CDH reaches a milestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo
(Sorry ol’ boy)
Emphasis on ol'.

Seriously, Doug, everything Duo says is spot on. Thank you for sharing your telents and your friendship with us. We are all truly richer for the experience!

50 more!
Old 02-02-2006
Big Dick
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Dude! When we talked the other day you never mentioned your 50th -too humble I guess. Well anyway, welcome to the world of AARP eligibility and discount movie tickets. Congratulations as well on the fact that now that you have reached 50 you will never need to make another dinner reservation - no place is busy at 4:30.

Seriously, I wish you a very, very happy (if belated) birthday!!
Old 02-02-2006
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995

Doug, thank you for being such a great friend and for everything that you do. For ALL of us. Wishing you the happiest birthday EVER, and many many more.

Your bud-

Sy
Old 02-02-2006

Hear, hear for Doug's maturity!

Maurice Chevalier sang the wise man's lament: "Oh yes, I'm glad that I'm not young any more," but coupled it with his bon mots: "Thank heaven for little girls."

Welcome aboard.

Best, John
Old 02-03-2006
Too fast to race
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Happy Birthday to you... happy birthday to you...happy birth...day, Mr. Presi...dent... happy birth..day to.... you!

love and hugs and kisses!
JJ
Old 02-03-2006
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Happy Birthday Doug!!!!

You dropped the hint and I was so busy that it went in one year and came out the other........ I mean ear! I guess that is what happens when you get old (did I say that out loud?)

Congrats!

Todd & Linda
Old 02-03-2006
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1

Happy Birthday Doug!!!
I wish you many many more and thank you for all that you have done for SBRS, TJR and myself. You are a very talented guy who's heart is in the right place. Cheers!!!!
John and Stephanie
Old 02-03-2006
Maximizing Exit Speed / Advanced Member (10+ Posts)

Happy Birthday Doug.

Thanks for all the great videos!
Old 02-03-2006
OTB

Gallery Images: 19

Doug,

A belated happy birthday to a talented guy, and a good friend to all of us.

Enjoy!
Old 02-03-2006
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Dougie-

So happy you made it! Few of us thought you had the stamina. I just can't believe you're 60...
Old 02-04-2006
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112
Thumbs up Re: CDH reaches a milestone

After a brief discussion with Sy about accessories for his photo vest, the majority of this 3-minute video is rare post race debriefing and phantom podium footage of Doug following his stellar '05 driving performances at MT. Tremblant.

Good stuff!

3 minute video

Last edited by dalyduo; 02-04-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-04-2006
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Wow...

I consider myself so fortunate to have crossed paths with this racing adventure we all enjoy so much. I have loved cars and racing for as long as I can remember but never had the means to participate in racing, at least from the cockpit. Time passes, things change, and in 2000 I was able to enroll in a SB Three Day Racing School at Sebring and my life hasn’t been the same since.

The camaraderie we share is unique, powerful and lasting. How exciting it is to become involved with so many interesting people who share the same passion, and to get to know all the great folks at SBRS who make it all possible.

For my 50th, my Mom put together a photo collage of shots of me as a kid racing around on a bicycle, a mini bike, a go kart, then motorcycles, speed boats, cars and finally in an R/T. The caption is "Most people slow down at 50...you just keep going faster!" I hope this continues to hold true as I enter my 5th decade, maybe if Skip starts the Sportsoldman category....

It is my distinct pleasure to have met you all and to share and document on video what are truly the best of times.

Thank you all so much

cdh

Old 02-04-2006

Gallery Images: 8

Happy Belated B'day Doug! Your creativity and friendship have made our racing experience all the more memorable. I was watching the year end video the other day with some family and lamented once again at how wonderful you made our memoreis of last season!

I hope you had a great birthday and am looking forward to more of your creative genius next season.

All the best

Chris
Old 02-06-2006
OTB

Gallery Images: 19
Talking Re: CDH reaches a milestone

Doug,

I hate to throw a wet blanket over the whole birthday thing, (and since I already posted something "nice"):

You are entering your SIXTH decade.

Just thought I'd point that little fact out to you, and Dick Lippert.
Old 02-06-2006
Big Dick

I wish I was about to enter my 6th decade.
Old 02-07-2006
Fund Raiser Racer

happy birthday to a genuine nice guy.we are all a little richer having you for a friend.hpoe to see you soon

$ MONSTRA MIHI PECUNIAM $
Old 02-07-2006
Fund Raiser Racer

dick! that's how we spell hope in bklyn

$ MONSTRA MIHI PECUNIAM $
Old 02-08-2006
WB RCD Retired at 22

Thumbs up Re: CDH reaches a milestone

Just adding my belated birthday wishes!!
Old 02-08-2006

Happy Birthday, Doug!!!!

A belated but very Happy Bithday indeed.

Bookmark This Thread