Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 12-01-2013
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Hello out there? (edit: A discussion on the current state of affairs at SkippyForums)

To whomever I haven't said this elsewhere: Happy Thanksgiving.

Remember, it's cold and dark here until April. Stay in touch!

[Front page edit: discussions on the current state of affairs at TJR SkippyForums follow, e.g. 'where the hell is everybody?']
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."

Last edited by sydude; 01-11-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2013
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Re: Hello out there?

I can't believe no one sent you a Happy Thanksgiving back.. Maybe it's because there's no one left here?

Well I send you a big belated Happy Turkey Day. Hope you had a great one!
Old 12-05-2013
Diesel Demon
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

And another belated Happy Turkey Day.

Not to hijack the thread (but who's left to complain????), Sy, where did our members drift off to ? It can't all be Facebooks fault, can it ?

Chris Brassard made several pitches this summer at Drivers Meetings to let the new folks know about the site, and to hopefully bring back the crowd. Sadly, it's not working

Viz
Old 12-06-2013
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Not Facebook! PLEASEEE.
I mentioned at both my 3-day and the 2-day. Seems like folks drop in here to get up-to-speed (STS) for a course and depart?
I for one will continue to monitor and post as warranted.
Cheers - Jim
Old 12-06-2013
Team OC/AD D

I think that it's down to two things:

1) A steady deterioration in Skippy's general business as well as product quality, which I believe has reflected in a steady deterioration in number of race seats sold, the number of customers, as well as the number of races each customer does at Skippy during their skippy life. Fewer customers with less loyalty = less camaraderie and less forum interaction.

2) Skippy ownership/upper management's viewpoints and policies regarding this forum as well as general customer retention/loyalty. Aaron & George's administration and policies drove hardcore/long-time supporters of SBRS away in droves (including myself), and Michael's tenure has been ineffectual in making amends and/or improvements. I used to be one of the biggest proponents and supporters of SBRS - not tooting my own horn, but I used to bring in a LOT of new racers every year, and I think I had a hand in keeping many racers in the program longer than they would have normally. And I wasn't the only one doing that, far from it. Speaking for myself at least, their arrogance and lack of any appreciation made me just not care anymore.
Old 12-06-2013
Team OC/AD D

And no, I don't believe that facebook has anything to do with it. Dougie may argue otherwise.
Old 01-22-2014
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Re: Hello out there? (edit: A discussion on the current state of affairs at SkippyFor

Hey guys long time no post....you all are make excellent points. My main reasons for not being active on TJR Is life got busier and I only have limited time to play. There has been low valuable content for me and decreasing participation causing the same one or two people to post on everything . No offense meant but it got real stale.

Change the name back to team juicy racing and don't worry what Corporate thinks and you may get the vibe going again.

Miss you guys....come back out to the track and race with us. Oh and bring me money for the mechanics fund!
Old 01-27-2014
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Re: Hello out there? (edit: A discussion on the current state of affairs at SkippyFor

Well, I still peek in every once in a while to see what is going on. I did go to Laguna Seca over Thanksgiving weekend and do the two day advanced school (for the third time...). Slow learner. Pun or no pun, your choice.
Old 01-27-2014
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRockRacer View Post
...There has been low valuable content for me and decreasing participation causing the same one or two people to post on everything . No offense meant but it got real stale
No worries bro, it will never happen again, adios
Old 01-29-2014
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 122

Skippyforums makes the site sound like its only for those who race with SBRS. Many of us used to post, participate and add content, but the feeling I got, was that this site is for SBRS only. Shouldn't have changed the name. For me, TJR was about the people, not SBRS. The site also resembled a propaganda news outlet worthy of Russia at certain times.

As for onboards, check out JP's page I made him. We get 2,300 views per week (real views we never buy views, or likes as most do). Over 200K views and 557 subscribers. Featured on many popular digital magazines, websites etc. Full disclaimer, I have impersonated CDH on most of my videos, channeling his spirit and abilities in place of my dark, soulless, black heart.

JP's page
http://www.youtube.com/user/JimPaceMotorsports/videos

mclaren at road america

russell gee in his 2002 from road america

JP at LeMans (dry but wet and night runs also up)

Don Norby in his XKE from Sebring

Bookmark This Thread