Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Site Announcements, Support & Help > Site Announcements & Support

Old 09-09-2010
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 6
Re: What do you want to see new or more of on this site?

I am wondering if we could get SB to encourage all new customers/drivers/students to join TJRSF - it is after all the offical clubhouse of SB. It would and could be a very symbiotic deal - new customers get a feel for the SB driver group and we get to extoll the virtues of racing with SB. I will ask Todd how we implement something like this. Another place we can generate interest is at race weekends - I will make sure that I talk up the existence of TJRSF. I think each of us at race weekends should make sure that the people we talk to know of the existence of our forum - a simple invite to new drivers will do wonders.

On another note, it is very hard to compete with all of the other Web 2.0 content that is out there, howver it is very easy to link motorsports related items of interest to the TJRSF site without a lot of copy writing or additional work. I challenge all forum members to find and embed interesting racing stuff that we can all enjoy. I can't hurt and it may help to stir up some interest.

What do all ya all think (to coin a Wattsism) ?
Old 09-09-2010
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

I think these are all good ideas that should be implemented immediately.

A phrase like "Skip Barber encourages new customers to join and participate on Skippyforums to connect with like minded driving enthusiasts who enjoy the supportive culture around our activities" might go a long way in confirm E-mails and on the SBRS web site. And we can be more supportive in referring people to the SBRS web site for program content and dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Subject View Post
I am wondering if we could get SB to encourage all new customers/drivers/students to join TJRSF - it is after all the offical clubhouse of SB. It would and could be a very symbiotic deal - new customers get a feel for the SB driver group and we get to extoll the virtues of racing with SB. I will ask Todd how we implement something like this. Another place we can generate interest is at race weekends - I will make sure that I talk up the existence of TJRSF. I think each of us at race weekends should make sure that the people we talk to know of the existence of our forum - a simple invite to new drivers will do wonders.

On another note, it is very hard to compete with all of the other Web 2.0 content that is out there, howver it is very easy to link motorsports related items of interest to the TJRSF site without a lot of copy writing or additional work. I challenge all forum members to find and embed interesting racing stuff that we can all enjoy. I can't hurt and it may help to stir up some interest.

Old 09-09-2010
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Quote:
I am wondering if we could get SB to encourage all new customers/drivers/students to join TJRSF - it is after all the offical clubhouse of SB. It would and could be a very symbiotic deal - new customers get a feel for the SB driver group and we get to extoll the virtues of racing with SB. I will ask Todd how we implement something like this.
good luck, I already suggested this.
I actually have an unpopular idea that skippy should be running their own forums or/and merge these forums together OR link to this site from the current site. (prolly a link would make the people here most happy, but good luck getting the brass to bless that idea.)

I feel this way because it would hopefully drive more members. Luigi and his Dad who are doing the summer series had NO idea about these forums which is a shame. There is a value that these forums provide that is not being harnessed. People curious about SB would be more likely to race with us knowing that it is a club racing and a blast (most of the time :P ).

Then we could add features to energize the racing series recruiting:

They should post all audio clips from the race series to these forums. It is a problem that some of the language gets colorful, but it is actually what I love. We have hbo right? Does everything have to be PG?

They should have posts ala twitter (though I really hate twitter) to these or their official forums so that people can understand what is going on here. I think more drivers would sign up if they knew how exciting our racing is.

It should be easier to see the current standings. It is a joke how hard it is to find the standings currently.

OK -ill stop before i get on someone's hate list

Quote:

Another place we can generate interest is at race weekends - I will make sure that I talk up the existence of TJRSF. I think each of us at race weekends should make sure that the people we talk to know of the existence of our forum - a simple invite to new drivers will do wonders.
Maybe put up a banner in the hospitality tent?

Quote:

Great Idea.

I like seeing interesting stuff.

BTW
This is a good site

http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com
Old 09-09-2010
Grand Master

I don't think your link idea is undoable or would be unthinkable to Todd or Michael as the "forum" part of the SBRS web site no longer exists. We don't really compete with the Skippy site we only complement it.
Old 09-09-2010

Gallery Images: 122

Unless you are going to recruit 8-15 new people each year, participation will be tough. I never understood why the site was so loyal to a company who goes out of its way to ignore it. To each their own I suppose. Narrow band of interest, and difficult to create synergy with people who are only active while in the series.

I haven't raced with SBRS in years, and don't plan to again for a variety of reasons. I have posted a few hundred pics, and 5 or so videos. The majority of that content was not SBRS related. I guess the site needs to decide what kind of people it wants to be active. Those who are currently active in the series, or those who have it as their racing background.
Old 09-09-2010
Grand Master

Why should one group exclude the other?
Michael Culver has a completely different attitude about this site than Aaron H. did. He views it positively and supports it as a form of customer feedback and support he couldn't pay for anywhere else. The desire by previous management to have us dry up and blow away no longer exists. Nor is there a desire here to only serve Skip Barber customers. IMHO It should absolutely be a site that supports any car enthusiast with an obvious bend toward anyone with an SBRS background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsutherland View Post
Unless you are going to recruit 8-15 new people each year, participation will be tough. I never understood why the site was so loyal to a company who goes out of its way to ignore it. To each their own I suppose. Narrow band of interest, and difficult to create synergy with people who are only active while in the series.

I haven't raced with SBRS in years, and don't plan to again for a variety of reasons. I have posted a few hundred pics, and 5 or so videos. The majority of that content was not SBRS related. I guess the site needs to decide what kind of people it wants to be active. Those who are currently active in the series, or those who have it as their racing background.
Old 09-09-2010
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
I am wondering if we could get SB to encourage all new customers/drivers/students to join TJRSF - it is after all the offical clubhouse of SB. It would and could be a very symbiotic deal - new customers get a feel for the SB driver group and we get to extoll the virtues of racing with SB. I will ask Todd how we implement something like this.
Please do, Paul. Maybe they will listen to you.
Quote:
Another place we can generate interest is at race weekends - I will make sure that I talk up the existence of TJRSF. I think each of us at race weekends should make sure that the people we talk to know of the existence of our forum - a simple invite to new drivers will do wonders.
def agree. That's how I interested Paul Fisk in joining. Although I feel bad if Luigi didn't know about the site, since he and I had our wheel-to-wheel battles, and clearly, I didn't think to mention it.
Quote:
I challenge all forum members to find and embed interesting racing stuff that we can all enjoy. I can't hurt and it may help to stir up some interest.

many hands make exponentially more activity. It's synergistic. BTW, Watts would never say that. It's Y'ALL, Captain Canada, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
good luck, I already suggested this. ...

Maybe put up a banner in the hospitality tent?
all Greg's ideas are excellent. I share his frustration in getting SB to actually implement a lot of stuff that would help them.

Quote:
Craig-- IMO the stuff you post is unique, very cool, of great interest, and valuable to the site. That's exactly the kind of related motorsports stuff that enhances the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Michael Culver has a completely different attitude about this site than Aaron H. did. He views it positively and supports it as a form of customer feedback and support he couldn't pay for anywhere else. The desire by previous management to have us dry up and blow away no longer exists. Nor is there a desire here to only serve Skip Barber customers. IMHO It should absolutely be a site that supports any car enthusiast with an obvious bend toward anyone with an SBRS background.
I agree with Pat, the 2 groups are not exclusive, in fact I would hope the Skippy "bloodlines" would tie folks to each other forever. Which would mean folks who had moved on to whatever would continue posting about their activities.

Michael Culver may have a different attitude, but he seems to share previous management's mystifying inability to actually TRUST the ideas we come up with and actually try them out. Maybe it's lack of funds, and that's a whole nuther problem, but their customer service and IT devoted to their customer family needs a huge upgrade in order to generate the interest to keep people coming back.
Old 09-09-2010

Gallery Images: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
that's a whole nuther problem
Now that is a Wattsism!!!

I talked to Todd aboout the tag line referral - he indicated that he thought that a something similar is being done - he will confirm for me tomorrow.

Great idea on the banner, Greg - I will think about who could make it and start putting it togther. Any ideas on artwork???

As to everyones comments on SB management, suffice it to say they have their collective hands full, hence we will have to work at promoting our forum with little involvement from SB - not sour grapes from me, just the reality of the situation.
Old 09-10-2010
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

I know for a fact SB is including SF info to all new school customers. The link on their site tho, even tho promised LAST JANUARY has not happened....for the life of me I don't understand why. If it is on their site I can't find it. Culver said he wanted the linking...

ps, haven't read all these posts, sorry if this is redundant...
Old 09-09-2010

Gallery Images: 122

My only point is that right on the top of the site it says "Skippy Forums, racing school and race series forum". That is how the site is branded. I dont know Aaron, or Michael, these are my first posts in two years.

My "join date" is July 06, immediately after my 3day. I haven't been posting, because the site doesn't really relate currently to what I am doing, it has more of a SBRS corporation feel. At least that is what one fairly poor kid in Kansas thinks. My participation recently was for Peter, I thought you all might be interested. Pretty fun weekend.

Nussbaum took pitty on my poor raceless soul and invited me. And I am thankful. If there is interest I can post the videos etc once I get them finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Old 09-09-2010
Grand Master

We'd love to see the videos when you get them. Glad to have you back.

For the record we've never been a part of SBRS and while we'd like to see them survive and thrive our members represent the motorsport culture of Skip Barber not the corporate culture.

Quote:
My only point is that right on the top of the site it says "Skippy Forums, racing school and race series forum". That is how the site is branded. I dont know Aaron, or Michael, these are my first posts in two years.

My "join date" is July 06, immediately after my 3day. I haven't been posting, because the site doesn't really relate currently to what I am doing, it has more of a SBRS corporation feel. At least that is what one fairly poor kid in Kansas thinks. My participation recently was for Peter, I thought you all might be interested. Pretty fun weekend.

Nussbaum took pitty on my poor raceless soul and invited me. And I am thankful. If there is interest I can post the videos etc once I get them finished.

Bookmark This Thread