Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Site Announcements, Support & Help > Site Announcements & Support
Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Re: Test Thread for Recent Technical Issues

Haven't been able to post for the last week. Server times out. Have tried once a day for a week. If this one posts it will be the first.
edit: so this one posted but it took about 30 sec. You can imagine the mental anguish I've been going through, returning from the other side of the planet and not being able to say whassup to my homies for a whole week.
Old 12-25-2009
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
You can imagine the mental anguish I've been going through, ....
A lot of good that trip did! You get home and are fried immediately from not being electronically connected at warp speed? Chill, bro'.
Old 12-26-2009
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatertownNewbie View Post
A lot of good that trip did! You get home and are fried immediately from not being electronically connected at warp speed? Chill, bro'.
"Warp?" 2 full minutes with nary a peep from the server hardly makes it into IC territory, never mind impulse power. I'm several branching orders closer to the backbone and upload times go infinite? In the 21st century? "First" World? Deep-fried.

"Chill?" After 4 weeks at 8000 ft where my bedroom (and bathroom ) measured 45F at night, I no longer use that term lightly. I'm quite happy being warm, thank you.
Old 12-31-2009
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

The site is a mess. Slow and/or unresponsive. Home page off kilter. Not blaming you Sy but what do we have to do to get this fixed? No E-mails when new posts happen. Can't get pictures uploaded. Respond posts won't load. Yipes! Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2010
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

the last time we had this problem it was due to host sharing server with other sites (ok there) and allocating resources to sites based on demand and other criteria (not good). I have no idea who is hosting now, Sy, when you get back and have a minute we need to review all this so we don't rely solely on you for fixes

thanks for your help dude
Old 01-01-2010
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

OK, last couple posts I stumbled across this - waiting for a post to post - I clicked reload / refresh then went back to the thread even tho browser had not finished posting and voila, my post was there. I believe a post hits right away, but the browser just sits there. I tried it again and it works - not a fix but a time saver till all bugs sorted out. BTW, I also Ctrl A then Ctrl C (select all and copy my post) in case my post evaporates into cybercrap, that way I just paste and have it back...

Bookmark This Thread