Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 08-04-2005
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Videos Some Tremblant in car video (**New Encode**)

Here is just the Cleveland clip (14 sec), Bob Z spoke these now infamous words on our cool down. It is better in the context of the full race and all the other 'comments' made building up to this. Most of us were trashed by our friends in the corners at one point or another, and most times deservedly so

Here is RE-ENCODED 18 minute race vid*. It's a very basic edit that includes all the chatter (hence the boring incar shots in the 2nd half) so you guys can listen to it and think about doing an edit combining all of our car camera videos (especially Arig, Oldman, JLowe and LimeRockRacer ). Based on what I got from my car cam I think it would kick ass, we had some great dicing going for the front spots.

Definitely check out the first 10 minutes or so, good action.

Let me know if you guys are interested, I really think it would make an excellent race video..

*same video, new encode, you can now move the playback slider after it's fully downloaded with this version, if anyone finds they still can't go forward and back after DL, please let me know, thanks!

Last edited by cdh; 11-11-2005 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-04-2005
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 482
Re: Some Tremblant in car video

Great stuff! This really brings it all back (like the hot kiss at the end of a wet fist, as Nick Danger used to say). Love that 3-wide approach to turn #10 at about 9:45!
Old 08-04-2005
Hey ya'll, watch this

Gallery Images: 6

Awesome video, CDH!

I was screaming at my computer screen when I wanted you to make a pass on someone and the instructor commentary is an awesome addition. Thanks for posting it!
"I'm not a fearful person. There's no feeling in the world that I've had that's like it. You're driving something that's out of control but you're controlling it. What else should I do? Plant flowers in the backyard? Go to a barbecue? I'll do that, but this rocks my world. When you get out of a race car, the grass is a little greener and the sky is a little bluer."
Old 08-04-2005
administrationistperson

Hi Jonathan, how's the leg doing? I can relate to screaming at the monitor, I do it too.......and I WAS THE ONE DRIVING!!! DOUG?!? WHY DIDN'T YOU GET BTP??? WHY DIDN'T YOU DUCK IN AND PASS???!!!??? TURN THE WHEEL YOU DOPE!! YOU MISSED THAT BY A MILE! oh, wait, that was Ziegel

I think this material can make a great edited vid if I can get some of the other incar tapes. Hope you are healing and will be back in the car soon..........

MOXIE - Great meeting you & Jane last weekend. The Ziegel line "Three wide into Ten, this is ugly" cracked me up too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMiller
Awesome video, CDH!

I was screaming at my computer screen when I wanted you to make a pass on someone and the instructor commentary is an awesome addition. Thanks for posting it!
Old 08-04-2005
Hey ya'll, watch this

Gallery Images: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
Hi Jonathan, how's the leg doing? I can relate to the screaming at the monitor, I do it too.......and I WAS THE ONE DRIVING!!! DOUG?!? WHY DIDN'T YOU GET BTP??? WHY DIDN'T YOU DUCK IN AND PASS???!!!??? TURN THE WHEEL YOU DOPE!! YOU MISSED THAT BY A MILE! oh, wait, that was Ziegel
After 6 weeks of treking around Spain, my leg has had more of a workout then my doctor could have ever imagined. It's been rough at some points, but I feel like it's much stronger than when I first got here. Going to get a checkup as soon as I get home (in a few days).
"I'm not a fearful person. There's no feeling in the world that I've had that's like it. You're driving something that's out of control but you're controlling it. What else should I do? Plant flowers in the backyard? Go to a barbecue? I'll do that, but this rocks my world. When you get out of a race car, the grass is a little greener and the sky is a little bluer."
Old 08-04-2005
administrationistperson

Great news, glad to hear it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMiller
After 6 weeks of treking around Spain, my leg has had more of a workout then my doctor could have ever imagined. It's been rough at some points, but I feel like it's much stronger than when I first got here. Going to get a checkup as soon as I get home (in a few days).
Old 08-04-2005
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

doug, i have my in car video except i forgot to turn the mic on so there is no sound. otherwise, it's all good. including my botched pass attempt on you at 8 when i completely outbraked myself.
Old 08-05-2005
Bavarian Berserk

Doug, awesome stuff. Painfully slow to download but worth every hour of it.

Like Jon, I was going bonkers in front of the screen..."CMON Doug, dive!!""Sh...I hope you can make it stick!""NO, don't pop yet, not yet - oh you did, hm, shame"

Doug, beautifully driven. Very fair and very patient - particularly liked the 3 wide in 10. Keep it up.

This is really compelling footage, I am looking forward to the addition of the other in car cams.
Old 08-05-2005
PointBy
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Great stuff, Doug. The voice-over commentary is a must! How long has it been since you were in a seat? Why do I think you are off racing somewhere else and not telling us.
Old 08-05-2005
administrationistperson

Ari - you have your own camera? If you have the DV tape and could mail it to me that would be excellent, sound not a problem, we can work around that. I'll contact Chris and Bob M and see if they can get me copies also. Who else was in our battle up front?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arig
doug, i have my in car video except i forgot to turn the mic on so there is no sound. otherwise, it's all good. including my botched pass attempt on you at 8 when i completely outbraked myself.
Old 08-05-2005
administrationistperson

Mama, what, no hi speed Internet over there? Was ist los?
Quote:
Originally Posted by birkmama
Doug, awesome stuff. Painfully slow to download but worth every hour of it.
Old 08-05-2005

i'll send the video, just give me your address. btw, i have a hispeed internet over here and it took me about 16 minutes to download and i downloaded it twice to two dif't computers and both took the same time.
Old 08-05-2005
administrationistperson

That DL time doesn't surprise me (this sucker is 73MB), but the vid should start playing after enough buffering, should play within 10 seconds or so and continue downloading as it plays.

Are you PC or MAC? Do you have Windoze Media Player 10? Check player settings for buffer time and to begin playback once buffer complete. I'll email you my snailmail. Call me if you want to discuss Media Players, they can be confusing and frustrating! 203-273-7720
Quote:
i'll send the video, just give me your address. btw, i have a hispeed internet over here and it took me about 16 minutes to download and i downloaded it twice to two dif't computers and both took the same time.
Old 08-05-2005

i have win medio player 10, but i downloaded the video first then played it. i think it's rude to just play the video direct from the link. my other problem was with the video itself. once it started i couldn't rewind or fast forward. i would drag the little thingy, but it would just move back to where it was.
Old 08-05-2005
administrationistperson

Rude? You are too kind. No sweat, my server doesn't hit me for bandwidth usage with the setup I have so set your Player to start playback asap.

I am not sure why you can't change the slider to view different parts of video, same for me. This is not normal, has to be they way I encoded it, I'll check my export settings, thanks for the heads up. I look forward to getting your tape.
Quote:
i have win medio player 10, but i downloaded the video first then played it. i think it's rude to just play the video direct from the link. my other problem was with the video itself. once it started i couldn't rewind or fast forward. i would drag the little thingy, but it would just move back to where it was.
Old 08-05-2005
Bavarian Berserk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh
Mama, what, no hi speed Internet over there? Was ist los?
No, actually I am quite well equipped. 5MB/sec is something I didn't even get in the states. But this thing dragged for almost 15 minutes at a mere 100K/Sec or so. So, please increase the streaming speed of your server.

Oh yeah and I am an Apple guy - I thought you were, too after your latest PC crash?!

I just was rewatching this thing and it is even better the second time around

As a user may I suggest emulating both the feedback and engine sounds as stereo? I had to use headphones due to domestic restrictions and the left right separation is rather unpleasant.

Then, why is that black arch on the upper right and left corners of the lense? Can this be fixed?

As a driving coach, may I suggest ---- oops the wife just pinched me, telling me it is against the TJR etiquette to give race craft lectures, so never mind
Old 08-05-2005
Infrequent Flier ;)

Those times are odd, I was well under five minutes for the DL; and that is with my PC already bottlenecked for ANYTHING while it coverts RAW images to HQ JPEGS After 24 hrs 2/3 were done! Time for a new PC here... well... time to dream of one at least.

BTW, the slider thing is a windoze media player problem I have seen before; no idea as to the solution.
Old 08-05-2005
Infrequent Flier ;)

BTW Doug, I posted a link to this for some SIM racing friends in Europe and the first response was "who is this guy driving, he's awesome!" Thought you would enjoy that comment

R
Old 08-05-2005
administrationistperson

Oh Mama.........

Downloading: Has anyone else had similar problems? If there is something up with my server I need to know. I know many of you can view it quickly. Also, this is not streaming video, it is for downloading only, big difference. I am on cable and it DL'd in about 8 minutes. I have no idea why it is so slow where you are, do you ever have similar problems from other US sites?

Audio: this was a quick, simple edit to get it online so others in the group could see it and want to send me their tapes for a bigger, more refined edit with better sound.

'Black arch': that is the bullet camera shell, I can reframe slightly and lose it, nbd.

My driving: No one is aware of my many mistakes more than I am. It is easy to be an amrchair coach so thanks CMAC for ending the post! Another thing to remember, the camera lens increases distances A LOT so "Objects in video are closer than they appear"

cdh note: I edited this post because what I though was amusing didn't read that way to me now, oops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkmama
No, actually I am quite well equipped. 5MB/sec is something I didn't even get in the states. But this thing dragged for almost 15 minutes at a mere 100K/Sec or so. So, please increase the streaming speed of your server.

Oh yeah and I am an Apple guy - I thought you were, too after your latest PC crash?!

I just was rewatching this thing and it is even better the second time around

As a user may I suggest emulating both the feedback and engine sounds as stereo? I had to use headphones due to domestic restrictions and the left right separation is rather unpleasant.

Then, why is that black arch on the upper right and left corners of the lense? Can this be fixed?

As a driving coach, may I suggest ---- oops the wife just pinched me, telling me it is against the TJR etiquette to give race craft lectures, so never mind

Last edited by cdh; 08-05-2005 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-05-2005
administrationistperson

Hey RP, what driver were they referring to???? What sim are you using?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhpearson
BTW Doug, I posted a link to this for some SIM racing friends in Europe and the first response was "who is this guy driving, he's awesome!" Thought you would enjoy that comment

R
Old 08-05-2005
Infrequent Flier ;)

They meant you!

I posted it at a Grand Prix 4 site... I haven't driven any Sim since November... my BRD wheel has been on vacation for repairs in California (really)... and now it is in Vermont (long story). If/when it ever gets here, I am going to do some netKar driving and be part of the netKar Pro beta testing group. I might re-install Grand Prix Legends for fun too.

R
Old 08-06-2005
Bavarian Berserk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh

cdh note: I edited this post because what I though was amusing didn't read that way to me now, oops...
Well, don't worry - it did suffice my sense of humor in either version. Even if this may not mean a lot...

Bookmark This Thread