Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 06-09-2006
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Schumacher to skip GPDA meeting?

They should absolutely vote him out of as head of the GPDA..

From F1 Live:

In the shadow of the World Cup, and with a home-grown win unlikely for the British Grand Prix, it is no surprise that the biggest story out of Silverstone is a planned meeting on Friday of the Grand Prix Drivers' Association.

Undoubtedly, Michael Schumacher is going to be asked by his fellow racers to explain honestly what happened in the 'Rascasse' corner two weeks ago at Monaco. Some, though, suggest that his continuing role as a Director is now untenable.

"I am not going to beg for forgiveness," said the German at Silverstone, while it is rumoured that Schumacher might not even attend the meeting as it clashes with the opening game - Germany versus Costa Rica - of the Cup. "I don't mind talking about it, so long as we can be reasonable. But I would rather look ahead."

It is clear whose side title rival Fernando Alonso is on, but the Spaniard informed the press on Thursday that - as per usual - he won't even bother attending the drivers' summit.

"I have no interest," he mumbled. "I will get (Giancarlo) Fisichella to tell me about it!"

Alongside Schumacher, arguably the driving force of the safety-oriented GPDA is actually David Coulthard, who attacked the valour of those who got stuck into Ferrari's number one in the press but will not confront their rival face-to-face.

The Scot, who nonetheless confirmed that drivers would vote on Friday on whether Schumacher should be stripped of his directorship, said: "I think (that shows) a lack of a man. After the vote we should get on with the business of driver and track safety."
Old 06-09-2006
OTB
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 19
Re: Schumacher to skip GPDA meeting?

Here's my informal guess that Michael's not losing any sleep over this one.
Old 06-10-2006
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Schumacher to skip GPDA meeting?

Bullseye there Jim...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlowe
Here's my informal guess that Michael's not losing any sleep over this one.

Bookmark This Thread