Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2010
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: 1 Day Formula/MX-5 racing school

Great strategy Joe. Being fit will only improve your enjoyment and awareness of the experience.

There are three different open wheel frame configurations.
An XS frame usually fits people at or below about 5' 9". The XS is identified by two tie wraps on the roll bar.
The AS frame usually works for folks at or below about 6' and is identified by one tie wrap on the roll bar.
The A frame usually works for people at or above about 6" and A cars have no tie wraps on the roll bar.

You're height and weight shouldn't be a problem in an A car. Seats and pedals are adjustable in all cars and there will also be thin foam seat pads available to fine tune your seat fit. You will probably fill out a questionnaire that asks your height and that will guide instructors to assign you to the correct size car. Instructors and mechanics will also be there to make sure you fit the car and are strapped in properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Perfection View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I am not going until spring so that I can have time to drop 10 pounds and work the smaller muscles required for the formula car. I am 30, 6'1" and 210 lbs so not exactly the ideal open wheel driver, but I can't wait to drive one! I know I probably won't be doing anywhere near 7/10ths, but I want to focus on what the car is telling me, not worry about shaky arms and a rubber neck...

Bookmark This Thread