Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 02-14-2011
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Angry Re: Finally signed up for my 1st race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
+1 to that - u dont want to injur yourself this close to your first race

id do 2.5 miles for running instead of 5.

i also run but i go at roughly 1/2 speed the day before my travel day

so i work out day, travel day, get into car day

make sense?
perfect sense! 5 miles today, 2 miles tomorrow, travel wed. in car thursday - sunday !!!
Old 02-15-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69
Re: Finally signed up for my 1st race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
perfect sense! 5 miles today, 2 miles tomorrow, travel wed. in car thursday - sunday !!!
Make sure you have a rest day every week. This helps your body develop more than working out every day. Rest is rebuild time. Without it you just break down your muscles and don't give them the opportunity to adapt properly to your regimen. And that adaptation is what creates higher levels of performance. The harder you work, the more rest you need to see the max possible performance gains.
Old 02-15-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
Make sure you have a rest day every week. This helps your body develop more than working out every day. Rest is rebuild time. Without it you just break down your muscles and don't give them the opportunity to adapt properly to your regimen. And that adaptation is what creates higher levels of performance. The harder you work, the more rest you need to see the max possible performance gains.
bah he is too young to need a rest day! :/
Old 02-15-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Ahh, and that is the myth, Grasshopper. Yes he is young--that means he can work out twice as hard as you, run twice as far as you, stay in the car twice as long as you, do anything twice as long as you (and possibly twice as well). But he still needs the rest, so that he can keep doing everything twice as long as you.

Even the man upstairs took a rest day...
Old 02-15-2011

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
Ahh, and that is the myth, Grasshopper. Yes he is young--that means he can work out twice as hard as you, run twice as far as you, stay in the car twice as long as you, do anything twice as long as you (and possibly twice as well). But he still needs the rest, so that he can keep doing everything twice as long as you.

Even the man upstairs took a rest day...
HAHAHA you guys are tooo funny! Yes, i also work almost full time and when i have to go to work and can't make it to the gym, thats my rest day. Usually rest twice a week. Used to box for 4 years and def. know that a major key factor for getting better and faster is to rest. Rest is just as important as conditioning!
Old 02-16-2011

Posting this up early because i have some extra time between my classes and after class i'm off to Sebring!!! Just a quick update..

Would like to thank evertone on here for all the advice given and for all the help i've received! Thank you

Yesterday (tuesday) was a normal day, vitamens in the morning, trying to stay healthy bec. 3 pple in my house have been sick the last month and the last thing i need right now is to get sickk... Went to class and did the usuall, tried to concetrate but was passing out.. out of no where i had like a sneeze attack! Sneezed at least 8 times in 5 min. Ever since than, i have not felt healthy.. Of course, just my luck. I dont feel sick but my nose is a little runny and just ehh... taking more vitamens and hopefully it was just from sunis but hopefully it'll go away. I know skip barber races occurs rain or shine so no matter what, i'm still gonna go out there and give it my best while having the best time of my life!

I leave today to Sebring around 5-6pm after i wash and blue-tape the front end of my suby for the 2hr road trip north to Sebring. The weather has just been perfect with mid 50's low 60's in the mroning and a nice cool 70's in the day. For my latin self, that is perfect!!! I have like 30 track maps all ready to be filled in with notes and couple of pounds of pasta for the night before the events. (pasta's my favorite btw).. I will be staying at the INN on the Lakes which is located like 10 min from the track. Tried to stay in the FOUR POINTS but i was not able to recieve a 2 twins for 4 nights.. and i'm also saving like $200 staying in at the INN which is one day's worth of insurance for me!

Can't beleive tomorrow i'll be in a formula car and on the track learning every turn and getting up to speed! Hopefully some one takes some good pics of the event!

Also very glad i am on this forum as the Memorial race is this weekend for Walt Bohren (Wally). After seeing all the video's of him and seeing how amazing he was, i can really appreciate the memorial race much more and at least know a much better back ground on how amazing Wally was and will be honord to be there at the memorial race etc...

Thank you guys again,

Will hopefully update you guys tonight when i arrive at the hotel or tomorrow after the lapping day.

Old 02-16-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36

Some thoughts:
(a) Who is the new driver coach this weekend? Please give him my regards.
(b) Please keep this kid away from any Red Bull products.
(c) Will someone please tape the instructor commentary during his races?
(d) Please remind all new drivers that the primary goal for a first race is to see the checkered flag.
(e) Wish I were there. I really do.

Bookmark This Thread