Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 04-12-2011
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Skip Barber Racing School Office to Move to Road Atlanta

Hey guys, I've got some pretty big news. The Skip Barber Racing School administrative offices will be moving from Lakeville to our location at Road Atlanta. See below for the official release.

If you have any questions, please contact Kyle Morham
Direct: (860) 435-4118
Email: kmorham@skipbarber.com

Skip Barber Racing School Will Move Offices to Road Atlanta

Lakeville, CT – Monday, April 12, 2011 Skip Barber Racing School announced it will move its administrative offices from Lakeville, Connecticut to Road Atlanta in Braselton, Georgia.

Administrative functions such as accounting, marketing, sales and information technology will move to Skip Barber Racing School’s existing Georgia facility which has unutilized office space.

Skip Barber Racing School will continue to operate its racing and driving schools full time at Lime Rock Park. The company will continue to make an annual economic impact of $12MM in Connecticut’s northwest corner. The company also operates schools and race weekends at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Sebring Raceway, Road America and 20 other racetracks around the United States.

The relocation of administrative functions will be complete by September 30, 2011.

The office move follows the relocation of the company’s logistics, fabrication and maintenance operation to Road Atlanta which was completed in November 2010.
Old 04-12-2011

Gallery Images: 14
Re: Skip Barber Racing School Office to Move to Road Atlanta

IN our lil quiet corner here they say the purchase of 2 out of 3 of these will make you "honorary mayor of Lakeville"

http://www.bestandcavallaro.com/inde...&listingID=542

http://www.bestandcavallaro.com/inde...&listingID=571

http://www.bestandcavallaro.com/inde...&listingID=572

Warning though.. They also say 3 out of 3 make you OFFICIAL mayor of Lakeville..

What about that HUGE chunk of land recently cleared and put up for sale just on the other side of LRP's offices?? Does that make anyone else nervous for the track itself??? Anyone wanna pony up and grab THAT before it becomes the infamous "condos that will close down LRP"????
Old 04-12-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

On the same side as the track or across the street? If it's across the street we'll have to build a bridge to use it as a proper track extension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcote View Post
What about that HUGE chunk of land recently cleared and put up for sale just on the other side of LRP's offices?? Does that make anyone else nervous for the track itself??? Anyone wanna pony up and grab THAT before it becomes the infamous "condos that will close down LRP"????
Old 04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
On the same side as the track or across the street? If it's across the street we'll have to build a bridge to use it as a proper track extension.
same side... towards the Housy bridge.. like 555 Lime Rock Rd. or so.. cleared field was always another way to get to the trails that circled LRP, or to the App trail that goes up to the Housatonic Forest that overlooks LRP. Now they cleared out a bunch of trees to the rear and put up one of thpose HUGE "Land for sale" signs. Can't remember how many acres. Enough for condos and 9 holes though..
Old 04-12-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Is the White Hart Inn closing down or just up for sale? Had some really nice meals there over the years, some with Ted.
Old 04-12-2011
Grand Master

Sadly... The White Hart Inn owner closed the doors last November to sell it. The cover page on their web site explains his rationale for it.
http://www.whitehartinn.com/
Locals were disappointed and employees dismayed. I think he felt he'd get a faster offer from someone who felt they would get it free and clear with no obligations of bookings or staff. Since it's still on the market that marketing strategy seems not to have born fruit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
Is the White Hart Inn closing down or just up for sale? Had some really nice meals there over the years, some with Ted.
Old 04-12-2011

Quote:
Sadly... The White Hart Inn owner closed the doors last November to sell it. The cover page on their web site explains his rationale for it.
http://www.whitehartinn.com/
Locals were disappointed and employees dismayed. I think he felt he'd get a faster offer from someone who felt they would get it free and clear with no obligations of bookings or staff. Since it's still on the market that marketing strategy seems not to have born fruit.
Complete opposite of how it should be done in my humble opinion after "growing up" in the restaurant business.. A restaurant is ALWAYS worth more open and running and NOT in mothballs, regardless of the extensive reno or rep. I hear the only offer has been 1.5M and they are asking 5M. Go figure.... Luckily, they can afford to "hold onto" it with no worries I'm sure.. Cause it'll sit for awhile... Really sucks for the employees, as it may for SOME of the employees on Brook St.... At least now there's the Falls Viallage Inn, even though it's on the opposite "side of town".
Old 04-12-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Does this mean that there will be a 4x4 pickup truck school???

Really, not a suprise to me. You had to wonder how long before the other shoe dropped after they moved all the shops to RdAtl.
Old 04-14-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36

Quote:
Great food and great company -- I miss both.
Old 04-14-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:
A small point, perhaps, but were some of the meals with Ted NOT so pleasant???
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 04-14-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcote View Post
IN our lil quiet corner here they say the purchase of 2 out of 3 of these will make you "honorary mayor of Lakeville" ...
...What about that HUGE chunk of land recently cleared and put up for sale just on the other side of LRP's offices?? Does that make anyone else nervous for the track itself??? Anyone wanna pony up and grab THAT before it becomes the infamous "condos that will close down LRP"????
You think the noise complaints will start before the construction or when the moving van drives past the 'Welcome to Lime Rock Park' sign???
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 04-14-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredracer View Post
You think the noise complaints will start before the construction or when the moving van drives past the 'Welcome to Lime Rock Park' sign???
haha Funny thing is when you look at some of the reader comments of the news articles online, people are saying we're moving to ATL because the noise violation police are kicking us out. hahaha what?? I mean, I know our office can be loud sometimes, but not that bad!
Old 04-14-2011
Grand Master

Wow... The world does revolve but it doesn't revolve around those too much money, not enough soul noise police crackpots. SBRS has nothing to do with Lime Rock Park strictly speaking other than paying for it's use of the track. SBRS has to abide by the noise rules of the track and they do, but that has nothing to do with those crazies who are trying to make the track go away. In every announcement I've heard or seen SBRS has made a big point of saying Lime Rock Park will remain a vital hub of activity. The facts are SBRS does more programs at LRP in the 3 seasons they are open than they do running programs year round at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The track and the school are vital to each other and will continue to be going forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBruSBRS View Post
haha Funny thing is when you look at some of the reader comments of the news articles online, people are saying we're moving to ATL because the noise violation police are kicking us out. hahaha what?? I mean, I know our office can be loud sometimes, but not that bad!
Old 04-14-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Couldn't have said it better. One thing I've learned is a lot of people NEVER read an entire release, let alone process the information. lol The stories I could tell!

Quote:
Wow... The world does revolve but it doesn't revolve around those too much money, not enough soul noise police crackpots. SBRS has nothing to do with Lime Rock Park strictly speaking other than paying for it's use of the track. SBRS has to abide by the noise rules of the track and they do, but that has nothing to do with those crazies who are trying to make the track go away. In every announcement I've heard or seen SBRS has made a big point of saying Lime Rock Park will remain a vital hub of activity. The facts are SBRS does more programs at LRP in the 3 seasons they are open than they do running programs year round at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The track and the school are vital to each other and will continue to be going forward.
Old 04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBruSBRS View Post

Less blades on the Supertrapp on that copier machine might help that....
Old 04-26-2011
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

I would pay to be awoken every morning by the noise of a racetrack

Bookmark This Thread