Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 09-29-2012
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Come say hi at our LRP Grand Am "Cabana"

We're trying a new spectator feature at Lime Rock for the Grand Am.
They're renting what they're calling "Cabana's" on the spectator hill offering a bit of protection from sun and/or rain.
Lee Englebardt and his dad, Murray and Michele Marden and even Doug Harrison, who will be in full video/documentary mode may stop by.
So if you find yourself near the cabanas on the spectator hill at turn 3 come on by and say hi.

Representational photo only... No actual Skippy Forums members were used in the making of this photo.
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabana-7.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	4768  
Old 09-29-2012
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 482
Re: Come say hi at our LRP Grand Am "Cabana"

Today's occupants of Chateau Daly on the Lime Rock Riviera -- left to right me, Michele, Murray, Divina, & Pat. A splendid time was had by all.

Name:	IMG_0633.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	4769  
Old 09-30-2012
Grand Master

Lee and I got to spend a few minutes with legendary Brumos Porsche racer Hurley Haywood, who told us about the unfortunate variation in tires all the teams had to wrestle with this season.

He told us it was difficult to accurately suspension tune the cars when tire manufacture dates varied by more than a day or two. In some cases they were receiving tire batches containing variations of 4 weeks or more. Over time they figured out coded "born on" dates so they could keep similarly dated tires together. And when they'd figure it out, Continental would change the codes to keep 'em guessing. Odd cat and mouse game.

Hurley reported the most impressive Porsche that he raced was the 936 and his favorite track is Watkins Glen.

Below is a shot of Hurley with Lee exchanging their not so secret handshake. Hurley also wanted a picture of himself in front of the Brumos hauler and Porsche race car but needed something to block the cosmetic body damage to the left front corner of the car, so I was enlisted as a human shield... Also threw in a couple of 936 cars Hurley piloted.

A special treat meeting and speaking with this racing legend.

Name:	IMG_0625.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	4770   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0628.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	4771   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0632.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	4772   Click image for larger version

Name:	881029.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	4773  

Name:	942419.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	4774  

Last edited by dalyduo; 09-30-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-01-2012
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

I trudged by all cabanas and found no one
Old 10-01-2012
Grand Master

Sorry Doug... We were there from 10:30a until about 5p. Murray and Michele left after lunch. Lee and I bugged out with about an hour to go in the finale so we could enjoy the multiple camera, high def final laps drama on Speed and avoid the exit crowd. Loved being on the hill in the cabana but couldn't hear the PA announcer and our exit strategy worked like a charm.

Divi hung out for quite a while and Sue Auriemma moved her family and friends from a cabana near turn 4 into the cabana next to ours when the original tenants departed the track early.

Evan Glasner and Jim Altemus payed us a visit...

Jordon Taylor and Trent Hindman also stopped by on their way to spotting duties. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

At least we got to see you at the autograph session where we were also able to chat up Spencer Pumpelly, John Pew, Dr. Jim Norman and a host of other Skippy brethren. Very good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
I trudged by all cabanas and found no one

Name:	IMG_4373.jpg
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	4775   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4374.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	4776   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4376.jpg
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	4777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0635.jpg
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	4778  

Name:	IMG_0637.jpeg
Size:	348.2 KB
ID:	4779   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0639.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	4780  

Last edited by dalyduo; 10-01-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-02-2012
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Sorry I missed you, Pat, Lee, et al! I'd seen Michael, but I almost missed Sue and the family when I ran into Evan who directed me toward the cabanas. You'd already left by then. Not only could you not hear the PA, you could barely hear the person next to you. I was inside the chalet earlier in the race, and the PA was being broadcast in there, which was really helpful. They also had the SPEED feed on the TV...without the sound... I got stuck in a little traffic leaving, but by the time I'd made the trek back to TRG and Starworks to say goodbye, a good portion of the crowd had left.

Bookmark This Thread