Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 04-23-2009
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Re: 2 day advanced school at VIR

I was gonna say that if you ever want your instructor's undivided attention for hours at a time you need only offer to buy dinner and pick up the bar tab as well. The advice will make less sense as the evening progresses, but you'll have a friend for life.

And yes, I'm kidding. If there's time during the Nationals they'll be glad to talk to you but you'll have much more to talk about during your school. At the Nationals, watch the interaction between instructors and racers. In the real world, there's as much helmet throwing as there is info sharing. In the Skippy world, it's all about getting better. I'd suggest listening in on those conversations but the participants tend to enjoy an audience more when things are going extremely well.

As you're obviously smart enough to know you don't know everything, you're gonna have a ball. Be sure to let us know how it goes, ok?

And welcome to the dark side.
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 04-23-2009
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Re: 2 day advanced school at VIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredracer View Post
I was gonna say that if you ever want your instructor's undivided attention for hours at a time you need only offer to buy dinner and pick up the bar tab as well. The advice will make less sense as the evening progresses, but you'll have a friend for life.
If the walls a Siebkins could talk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredracer View Post
At the Nationals, watch the interaction between instructors and racers. ...
And welcome to the dark side.
I would suggest that you buy or borrow an inexpensive scanner and tune into the live race reports from the instructors out on the course. Some of those reports are classic.

Tags
adv2 , advanced racing school , racing school , vir

Bookmark This Thread