Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 12-03-2011
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Video of my first time in a shifter Go-Kart

Been a while since I posted here
Just thought I would share my first wheel spins in 125cc shifter gokart... ... and this was not the average shifter Tm K9B engine (KZ2 Kart), one of the most powerful TM engine that was made...
A friend of mine owns a few karts and races. I give him a hand as his mech during races, setting up his kart, repairing everything..etc, and in exchange, well, I do whatever I want with them as long as I keep them in good shape mechanicaly

What a kick in the ass... You are stucked in your seat even in 5th and 6th gear...
I'm very used to go around this track in Rotax max and DD2 karts, but these are nowhere near this beast

Since this video the first time I tried it, I've ridden it quite a bunch of time and have gotten a lot more "confortable" (not sure it's the right word for this thing lol) with it, but it keeps amazing me how much power that thing has! Keep in mind this was my very first time in it, so, sorry for the missed apexes, bad line in the hairpin and keeping it slow in some parts of the track.
One thing that sucks with it is the gas, as we have to use a special race gas MS103... which cost... a lot lol
But whatever... I love this thing!!!
0 to 60mph is done in roughly 3s (but you dont start from a stand still often coz it would kill the clutch) and top speed at the end of the straight is at about 105/110mph... Sooooo much fun

Old 12-03-2011
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Re: Video of my first time in a shifter Go-Kart

My back hurts just watching this Very cool, thanks Flavien
Old 12-03-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Great to see you having fun! A bit more exciting than your mustang eh?! Good stuff.
Pat
Old 12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Great to see you having fun! A bit more exciting than your mustang eh?! Good stuff.
Pat
Hey!! Stop badmouthing on my mustang hahaha
I even managed to bring it to a local racetrack, now that the brakes aren't warped anymore, that the clutch is not giving up on me anymore and best of all, that the engine quit asking to be put out of its misery hahaha (it was the gas filter btw... I kind of suspect that it was as old as the car...)

It's at Sanair racetrack, south of Montreal. It was my first time to actually drive on a "real" track and I had the track just for myself all day... No marshall.. nobody. We just pay 100$ and we do whatever we want lol
Kind of weird to be completly alone on a track... but tons of fun. We could even do the track in reverse if we wanted without warning anybody hahaha. Absolutly all alone lol

But yeah... I go faster in the shifter on a 30s a lap gokart track than with my car at the end of a 1/2 mile straight

Last edited by Flavien; 12-03-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

Good fun with an asterisk. Love the freedom of an empty track to play on but if something went awry the term "all alone" could become a liability. If a tire blew, brakes failed or you missed an apex at high speed with no emergency/medical people or equipment on hand there is great potential for a very bad day. Hard to resist an empty track for $100 bucks and I'd find it hard to resist myself but... I might leave the passenger on the pit wall so at least one person could assist or call for help in a worst case scenario. I'd also scope out the phone numbers of the nearest medical and emergency help and have them on hand to expedite support if something went wrong... Is that too parental?

PS I've also driven your mustang.

Last edited by dalyduo; 12-04-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-04-2011

I know what you mean... The track is not the most secure on earth at that...
My will of finally enjoying a track day was just too urging. I never did more than 5 laps in a row at a time though, followed by a 20 to 30 minute break and complete check up of the car during that time... Not only for security but also coz i definitly didnt want my car to die that day lol
Good thing being that there is a huge runoff on all strong braking points...

Every 3 or 4 hours the owner of the track was coming to check if everything went fine... but well... every 3 or 4 hours lol

But yeah, honestly didnt even cross my mind to leave my friend in the pits in case of a problem... And... neither of us actually own a cell phone
Might be a good idea next time
Old 12-05-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Ouch! The pavement quality reminds me of the rain line at Mid Ohio before it was repaved.
Old 12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso View Post
Ouch! The pavement quality reminds me of the rain line at Mid Ohio before it was repaved.
It hurts indeed

Bookmark This Thread