Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 08-08-2012
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

IndyCar Academy ???

My name is Charlie, I've recently graduated from the 3-day formula school. I was really excited to hear about the Indy Car Academy and got a call last evening from RB, informing me of my recommendation. My perception of the event originally was of a "dream-come-true" type experience. After calling in today to the Sales Rep, I was deeply disappointed in the lack in information she was able to share. Not so much the when and where, but the how?

Is there anyone out there that has received a recommendation to the Academy and knows what the heck is going on??

A previous post from Ryan made it appear that his recommendation meant he was going to Sebring, but some of the Skip Barber literature says that the original pool of candidates would be cut down considerably (from <75 to 33).

Any help would be great!
Old 08-09-2012
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: IndyCar Academy ???

Since the requirements of the program (in the docs that were available when I took the class) specify that all candidates need to take the Advanced two-day school, I am assuming that evaluations from that will be crucial to culling the field down to that 33. They'll probably keep some substitutes too in case some of the 33 can't be at Sebring, or go pro in the meantime. Getting the recommendation gets you the 20% discount to the advanced class, and when I booked mine, I didn't have any problems getting that discount recognized.

There's a business aspect ot all this, I understand, and getting more 3-day and advanced school pupils was one of the goals of the program. Would I have signed-up for the advanced class if I didn't get the recommendation? Probably not, but I really wanted to anyway, and the recommendation and the Academy was the carrot on the stick that got me permission from the wife to enroll. So for that I am grateful.

But, my goal is to be in Sebring for the shootout, so I am going to do my best next week at my class, and I think I will be in good shape.

Ryan

Bookmark This Thread