Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 07-05-2008
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

building kart frames

Hello every first off I would just like to introduce myself. I am brand new to the forum and have ben racing karts for about five years.I am a machinist and fabricator by profession so I am wanting to make the natural progression into building my own frames and just experimenting.My question is that I have ben told that kart frames are built out of many different thicknesses of pipe to allow for flex in certain areas so does anyone know of anywhere where I can read up on the thicknesses used and the theories behind kart frames.All help is much apreciated cheers.
Old 07-05-2008
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: building kart frames

Welcome Justin...

Good question. Perhaps some of the GPNY clan could pipe up (so to speak) on this one. Don't know myself but there should be a few among us who can help you out.

Thanks for joining
Old 08-10-2008
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2
Re: building kart frames

Justin,

sorry for the delay, i never saw your post until now. most karts are built out of 30mm or 32mm thick tubing. the chassis built for either heavier drivers or faster classes are built from all 32mm tubing. some are split between 30 and 32 and are called 31 chassis. i don't have anything that will show where 30 and 32 are used on the mutt chassis though. check our birel, crg, or tonykart websites for diagrams of their different chassis. most 125cc chassis are full 32mm.

Bookmark This Thread