Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 01-01-2008
Pink Hello Kitty Bike
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Gear Bag Stolen! Please look out!

Hi everyone.
fficeffice" />
My racing gear bag was stolen last night after someone broke into my car!! I was in ffice:smarttags" />Kansas City when this happened, but the items may very well end up on Ebay. PLEASE be on the look out for the following gear.

Thanks
-Ryan Buetzer

Sparco Jumbo Gear Bag

Bell T6 Interceptor Helmet w/Blue reflective shield & HANS anchors (Size 7 1/8)

Puma Light Cat Suit (Black, Size 52) w/ Skip Barber Patch on left breast & Mazda, BF Goodrich and Q-State patch on right breast.

Puma Future Cat Hi Pro Shoes Size FR-45 (Black w/gray strip)

Puma Profit Glove Size 11

Puma Balaclava (blue)

Hans Extra 30 Series w/quick release straps

Two Under-X underwear shirts (Black)

One Carbon-X underwear bottom (Black)

Three pair of Oakley Carbon-X Socks (black)

Hans Helmet & Device Carring Bag (Black)
Old 01-02-2008
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Re: Gear Bag Stolen! Please look out!

That sucks. I'll keep it in mind.
Old 01-04-2008
Pink Hello Kitty Bike

The unmistakable beauty of the internet showed up this morning!! My Mom called at 5:00 AM to tell me when she was leaving the house, my bag (with EVERYTHING!) was sitting on my door step. This of course didn’t happen by fluke, so I’ll explain.

When I came out to my car at 1:30 AM on January 1st, I had a note on my rear view mirror saying “ I saw someone break into your car and take something from your trunk, their license was XXX XXX, a light colored Saturn” My trunk was closed when I walked out, and had I not had this anonymous note, I wouldn’t have known my bag was stolen until I got to the airport and opened my trunk.

Sooo…. My parents started the research on Tuesday. We paid a subscription fee and got the car registration information. (1. Now we know his name, address) My Dad sent a letter to the guy, saying his car was seen at the break-in location, and we wouldn’t press chargers on if the items are returned to the Police department within 48 hours. He also mentioned we already know his name and address, and that should tell him something for starters. Craig S. from the Skip Barber Forums (who does car reposition for banks part-time) agreed to knock on the house door, chat with the guy, and hopefully scare him a little. (When Craig went the first time, no one answered, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t inside)

Called the county registers office on Wednesday, asked for the owner’s name of the house. (2. Found out who owned the house, his Mom) Did another search on the internet for her phone number (3. Found out the home phone number) My Dad called the house yesterday and asked either Stephen or Deborah (his Mom) to return his call.

Craig sent me a link to look up Johnson County Court Records, and my suspected thief was a 23 year old, convicted felon: Battery, Theft, Drug chargers, and 4 others.

About an hour after my Dad called and left a message, he got a call back from an unknown number. He answered, and it was Stephen! My Dad told him his car was seen at this crime, but he quickly denied it. My Dad said he sounded intelligent, articulate, and if he was lying about being in Lawrence with buddies, and nowhere near KC, he was VERY good liar. My Dad called him back again later to ask him what kind of car he had, and what time he got home on the 1st. He surprisingly answered all the questions, and again aced the test. My Dad stressed that we just wanted the bag, and nothing else at this point.

So between, sending a letter, calling him, having Craig go over, he must have gotten so scared, he drove over 60 miles sometime last night and left the bag at my parents house. I’m only missing my beloved Kansas State sweatshirt, but I think I can live!
As a side note, I had called the Police officer twice, emailed him once, and called the detective once, and never heard back from either of them. I understand they might have bigger things to look into then felony theft, but a courtesy call is always nice.

Thanks to everyone who sent me messages, and that said they would look out for the gear.
-Ryan Buetzer
Old 01-04-2008
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

Congrats on getting your stuff back!! At least you didn't drop to a new low, and get physical with the guy or his property.
Old 01-04-2008
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

And all possible because a concerned citizen cared enough to notice what was going on, copy down the license no. accurately, and leave you a note. Great to see in these jaded times that the heart is still beating...

BTW congrats on your first race win!!!
Old 01-04-2008
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Great story... with a great ending. Goes to the power of people with integrity, good family and the internet. All good stuff.

First win! That didn't take long... Congrats!
Old 01-04-2008

Gallery Images: 122

K-STATE!!! I wouldn't have helped had I known the Wildcats were involved! I thought you were a real nice guy Ryan.....and then you ruined it by being a K-State fan. Rock Chaulk Jayhawk go KU!! Glad you got your stuff back. I hate when people steal. Of course when fellows TJR members cruise thru KC and don't even call for a round of Go-Karts I am saddened and deeply hurt. So next time you are in KC Ryan, its mano a mano, winner take all, go-kart race for all the marbles and permanent bragging rights. Can you see the WHEAT waving from Cali? Orange bowl champs baby! Too bad you lost Bill Snyder. Beak'em HAWKS
craig
whats this i hear about a win? makin' it look easy!
Old 01-04-2008
Pink Hello Kitty Bike

Ouch!!! haha Bitter from all the years of football whoppin' I see.

Go-karts for sure the next time I hit KC.

I'll be at the Sebring combo race next month, so hope to meet some of you.
-Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsutherland View Post
K-STATE!!! I wouldn't have helped had I known the Wildcats were involved! I thought you were a real nice guy Ryan.....and then you ruined it by being a K-State fan. Rock Chaulk Jayhawk go KU!! Glad you got your stuff back. I hate when people steal. Of course when fellows TJR members cruise thru KC and don't even call for a round of Go-Karts I am saddened and deeply hurt. So next time you are in KC Ryan, its mano a mano, winner take all, go-kart race for all the marbles and permanent bragging rights. Can you see the WHEAT waving from Cali? Orange bowl champs baby! Too bad you lost Bill Snyder. Beak'em HAWKS
craig
whats this i hear about a win? makin' it look easy!
Old 01-05-2008
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Great Story and am happy you one of the deadbeat.

I have a nice 36 oz. Louisville Slugger Circa 1970 Yankee Stadium Bat Day with a few marks on it that might have gotten the bag back even quicker!

...Just in case it ever happens to anyone at TJR again....
Old 01-06-2008
Skippy Instructor
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Good story!
TX has a few laws about stealing as well...windage and elevation.
JP
Old 01-06-2008
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRockRacer View Post
Great Story and am happy you one of the deadbeat.

I have a nice 36 oz. Louisville Slugger Circa 1970 Yankee Stadium Bat Day with a few marks on it that might have gotten the bag back even quicker!

...Just in case it ever happens to anyone at TJR again....
that would be "won over" the deadbeat! Should have taken typing in school!
Old 01-07-2008

And for those of you not already aware, Craig is a blast at a bachelorette party,too!

Nice job by all, great teamwork --- very much a racing thing.
C.
Old 01-07-2008

Doc Nuss! The secret code of racing on the road has been broken.... I will admit to nothing. Just for the record, a bachelorette party at RJ Gators in Sebring is like shooting fish in a barrel. CYSP
Craiger
Old 01-07-2008

Sebring won't be the same without you, bra!

Doc
Old 01-08-2008
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Pace View Post
Good story!
TX has a few laws about stealing as well...windage and elevation.
JP
I hear you! When I was working at Sebring I guess 2 year ago now I had my Dodge Ram broken into. It was parked out front, well lit and locked. I had all of my gear in there and some RC airplane stuff. They got all of the stuff and took non of the gear, radios, gps unit's or anything! I looked on ebay and craigslist to no avail. I am just very thankful I did not catch them in the act. Sebring used to be a quiet little town where you never locked your house up etc. I had the truck locked and no signs of forced entry. Later, the cop told me they use a remote door unlock scanner and it runs through all of the frequency bands allowed by fcc to use for cars. This is the new wave evidently. So from now on, lug it inside.... or leave it at home. Sad for me, glad for you (getting your gear back).
Old 01-08-2008
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

I recall your truck at the Inn on the Lake wasn't it Keith? Yes two years ago. RC plane batteries etc stolen. Absolutely no security in that parking lot. Easy access. Main road right outside. Lots of traffic in and out for the bar/restaurant. Sittin' ducks.
As you say... Whatever it is... Don't leave it in the car when you stay there
Old 01-08-2008

Part of the problem is that car companies make so many cars they can't possibly make each keyless entry, or key for that matter unique to the car sold. So the keyless remote you have in your pocket will open other cars....same goes for the key. Kinda scary. Same is also true for your garage door opener. Here is a link to the story JP mentioned. Good for Joe Horn.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...=mostpop_story

Bookmark This Thread