Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 01-25-2009
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Bobby Ore?

Was thinking about going to the bobby ore stunt driving school and keith watts told me to come here and ask about it comments?

thanks in advance!
Old 01-25-2009
Big Dick
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Re: Bobby Ore?

Highly recommend. That's Bobby in the Mustang in my avitar.
Old 01-25-2009
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

I was in the back seat of the Mustang that Bobby is rotating around Dick.

We did a modified version of his stunt driving school with some added paint ball diversions and pit maneuvers. Bobby's quite a character.

Here's a link to the thread that developed after our experience.

Bobby Ore stunt driving thread
Old 01-29-2009
Skippy Girl
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1

Definitely sign up. I helped Dick, Pat, Laura, Bill and the rest set up the program in the thread listed in the above post, but didn't get a chance to actually drive with them. A few weeks later Bobby invited me to fill a spot in one of his advanced classes. I jumped on the chance. It was everyone's second or third class and I was joining on the second day's activities. I watched each student as they practiced maneuvers from the previous day and then worked with an instructor to bring me up to speed. Though I had never done that kind of driving I had a head start from watching the Team Juicy guys school and did quite well for my first morning in the car.

Bobby and the other instructors are so good with the classroom talks that you are very prepared to do the maneuvers when you get in the cars. It was awesome! By the end of the day I was completing multiple stunts in a course. 180's forward and reverse, parking in a box, and drifting.

If I can get the hang of this and have a great time anyone can. I made fast friends with the other students(all were actors working on getting stunt driving certification), and found the instructors to be very patient.

Not sure where your school will be held, but if it is at the Sebring location, I'll be happy to recommend local hotels and dinning.

Ashlei

- At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base Kadena, Japan
Old 01-29-2009

thanks for the replies everyone! i'm from hawaii so im hoping to get into a class in cali. also a heads up, if you sign up from now to feb 20th, you can get 20% off any class O_O

http://www.bobbyoresports.com/news.html

hopefully i can get into the march 21-23 beginner class in CA!
Old 01-29-2009

Gallery Images: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsi View Post
thanks for the replies everyone! i'm from hawaii so im hoping to get into a class in cali. also a heads up, if you sign up from now to feb 20th, you can get 20% off any class O_O
The website did not have any prices. What is the standard price for the beginner stunt driving school?
Old 01-29-2009

ah right, i thought it was weird they dont have prices on their site anymore o_O i called and the lady on the phone said a 2 day beginner course is $1600 and the 3 day beginner course is $2500. classes run from 7:30-5 each day.
Old 02-01-2009

Gallery Images: 482

Bobby's "school" -- no inner child left behind -- is a hoot, especially if you can arrange to do it with a group as we did in October 2006. Definitely worth every minute. Here are a few snaps from our weekend in Sebring: a two-wheel out-and-back slalom through the cones demo by Bobby, snappily dressed and suitably serious participants in the "terrorist motorcade" event, and Bobby presenting a trophy at the conclusion of the weekend (if memory serves, it was the "most sensitive to diversity issues" award).
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006-1021 Bobby Ore 5.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	3077   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006-1022 Bobby Ore 3.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	3078   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006-1022 Bobby Ore 8.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	3079  
Old 02-02-2009

Oh those wonderful memories,
Seeing Dick's skin ripped up by those high power paint ball guns !!
And E-brake 90's and 180's
It All brings a tear to my eye
Old 02-05-2009
Apex? Huhh? What Apex?
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

The feedback I had heard from some folks is that he is a jerk to his customers and ended up not letting them do the curriculum amount of reverse 180's because" it's hard on my cars".... I did not want to be negative because I have NOT been through his school....
Old 02-06-2009
Big Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar92 View Post
The feedback I had heard from some folks is that he is a jerk to his customers and ended up not letting them do the curriculum amount of reverse 180's because" it's hard on my cars".... I did not want to be negative because I have NOT been through his school....
To say that Bobby is moderately opinionated is kind of like saying the Titanic hit an ice cube.
Old 02-07-2009
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlippert View Post
To say that Bobby is moderately opinionated is kind of like saying the Titanic hit an ice cube.
hahaa.. Maybe Bobby should guest instruct for Skip sometime.. How bout a 3 day with Bobby, Duck, and say... a Phil lombardi for your instructors..?? Sounds like a hoot !! one hell of an interesting show, thats for sure...

I feel I can say that partly because Duck was one of my instructors at my 3day and yes I DID get smacked in my helmet more times then I can remember by his clipboard..
Old 02-07-2009
Big Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcote View Post
hahaa.. Maybe Bobby should guest instruct for Skip sometime.. How bout a 3 day with Bobby, Duck, and say... a Phil lombardi for your instructors..?? Sounds like a hoot !! one hell of an interesting show, thats for sure...

I feel I can say that partly because Duck was one of my instructors at my 3day and yes I DID get smacked in my helmet more times then I can remember by his clipboard..
You'd need to add Bruce for color commentary; then it would be mega.
Old 02-07-2009

One of the best moments of our school is when Bobby went into the women can't drive stuff with a few extra sexist comments and Laura Rowe did a nice foward karate kick leaving it about 2 inches short of Bobby's nose. I think he had a new level of respect for "our" woman driver at that point.

Bobby is a slice of time gone by. And is an intellegent guy. When the army come to you for convoy security in Iraq you must know something !

Ron
Old 02-07-2009
Grand Master

Bobby had a lot of ways of keeping you out of your comfort zone...
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bobby Ore chokes Lee.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	3083  
Old 02-07-2009

I forgot about that one !

GREAT PIC !!!!
Old 02-09-2009
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Wow, where's that pic been hiding? Classic!!

There's a ton of Ore stuff on YouTube....

Ya think Ore is worthy of being in Foxworthy's routine?
Old 02-09-2009
Grand Master

That one was buried in a digital pix CD... Forgot it was there and was browsing them the other day and found it. I think we'll have to do a caption contest on this one. Too many possibilities.

Yes most of the Utube videos are showing exactly the same stuff we did, running through pylons, handbrake U-turns, box turns and that little trick Bobby does with rotating his mustang around a person or persons.

As Keith alluded to we never got around to the reverse 180's and I did suspect Bobby was trying to save his equipment. The maneuver isn't that difficult to do but the timing of the shift from reverse to forward with an automatic transmission as the car changes direction is critical. 5 ways for a newbee to screw it up and only 1 to get it right. In his mind it was the quickest route to having a fleet of non-functioning training cars so he'd just rather not have to deal with it. He was crazy like a fox. If we'd whined about it I'm sure he'd have given it to us but we were having too much fun playing car wars in the weeds with paint ball guns to realize it. We also got a classroom lecture on tire pressure and had to check the fluid levels and tire pressures on every car before we got to drive them. Stunt man basic training 101 that seemed silly at the time but really wasn't if you were serious about being a stunt driver. (Of which there were none in our group. )

In the end it was a blast and I'd go back again in a New York minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Wow, where's that pic been hiding? Classic!!

There's a ton of Ore stuff on YouTube....

Ya think Ore is worthy of being in Foxworthy's routine?
Old 02-10-2009
Big Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
That one was buried in a digital pix CD... Forgot it was there and was browsing them the other day and found it. I think we'll have to do a caption contest on this one. Too many possibilities.

Yes most of the Utube videos are showing exactly the same stuff we did, running through pylons, handbrake U-turns, box turns and that little trick Bobby does with rotating his mustang around a person or persons.

As Keith alluded to we never got around to the reverse 180's and I did suspect Bobby was trying to save his equipment. The maneuver isn't that difficult to do but the timing of the shift from reverse to forward with an automatic transmission as the car changes direction is critical. 5 ways for a newbee to screw it up and only 1 to get it right. In his mind it was the quickest route to having a fleet of non-functioning training cars so he'd just rather not have to deal with it. He was crazy like a fox. If we'd whined about it I'm sure he'd have given it to us but we were having too much fun playing car wars in the weeds with paint ball guns to realize it. We also got a classroom lecture on tire pressure and had to check the fluid levels and tire pressures on every car before we got to drive them. Stunt man basic training 101 that seemed silly at the time but really wasn't if you were serious about being a stunt driver. (Of which there were none in our group. )

In the end it was a blast and I'd go back again in a New York minute.
Speaking of video, doesn't someone who was there actually have some video of this event that he has been hiding all this time?
Old 02-10-2009
Grand Master

Yeah... Someone has them sitting in a box right next to the CD with all the digital stills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlippert View Post
Speaking of video, doesn't someone who was there actually have some video of this event that he has been hiding all this time?
Old 02-10-2009
Big Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
Yeah... Someone has them sitting in a box right next to the CD with all the digital stills.
And does he plan to share those videos?
Old 02-10-2009
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

HAL had offered several times in the past to help get this video online, but given the poor treatment he has received recently (as opposed to the nice treatment by Criager Vids) he has temporarily shut down....

Bookmark This Thread