Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Site Announcements, Support & Help > Site Announcements & Support

Old 02-02-2005
Thumb-alina
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

TeamJuicyRacing.com turns 1 year old!

Greetings everyone! Tomorrow marks the first anniversary of this wonderful website. It is hard to believe it is already a year, and how quickly this site became The Source for news, info, and banter about our favorite past time.

Those of us who were around in the early days knew we would have fun trading stories and barbs with each other, but I doubt any of us would have predicted the rate at which the community would grow. It has truly been exciting to watch and be a part of.

I have to say thank you to Sy for the countless hours he puts in making this site a reality. Also, thanks to Doug for the great visual additions. Finally, thanks to our more prolific posters... you know who you are... for giving us fodder for discussion.

I look forward to many more years of racing with you all as well as learning and laughing about it together at Team Juicy.
Old 02-02-2005
Thumb-alina

Here is the "Release" we sent out to about 100 people last year...

Press Release
(For immediate release)
February 4, 2004

New York

Team Juicy Racing is proud to announce the launch of its new interactive website. Friends, fans and foes alike will enjoy this spectacular new site, which can be found at www.aryeh.com/juicy .

Juicy team members have been hard at work for months developing the site as well as its full range of content. The site is full of insightful and creative articles that vividly portray the more colorful and secretive side of our activities, descriptions of which are entirely inappropriate for conventional news sources like Skip Barber's website. Team co-founder and site developer Sy Aryeh says, "This new site provides members and fans of our favorite team with a great way to keep in touch with the hysterical triumphs and travails of our racers".

At the site you can find news of the team's adventures in racecars, go-karts and everything else that goes fast, as they travel the country everywhere from Laguna Seca to F1 Boston and from Lime Rock Park to "some crappy place in North Carolina," looking for adventure, competition, depravity and camaraderie (not necessarily in that order.)

The site reveals the true spirit of our racers.... thrill seeking, self-deprecating, dysfunctional and overly competitive guys with much too much time on their hands.

Juicy's other co-founder Michael Auriemma says, "Sure we think we're cool...but we're not unwilling to take shots at ourselves, either... Check out 'Anatomy of a Crash' or 'Team Juicy Racers Star (and Crash) on Discovery Channel' to see what I mean".

Team Juicy promises to keep its site fresh with articles by such critically acclaimed writers as Donald McDonald, Martin Birkmann, Walter Irvine, and Bill Hammer. Articles are already planned for upcoming events such as the "Intentional 4-Off" boys 4-wheelin' weekend event in VT, and the "Just cause he's 40, don't mean he's old" LA to Vegas Harley trip in October. Not to mention full coverage of a season's worth of Skip Barber racing!

Furthermore, we have created the first interactive forum (bulletin board) that specifically caters to the Skip Barber Race Series, providing racers and Skip Barber staff with a common social meeting point, and in time an invaluable resource for information.

We invite you to visit our site...you'll be glad you did!

About the Team

Team Juicy racing is "a loose affiliation of millionaires, and billionaires, and babies" (-Paul Simon) on a mission to go faster than the other guy. We are inspired by our spiritual leader, whose visage is emblazoned on our site and our helmet visors.

If you want to know more about us, learn about upcoming events, or if you think you might want to join the team and/or contribute creatively, contact us at: Sy Aryeh or Michael.Auriemma@AuriemmaConsulting.com.

Last edited by sydude; 02-04-2005 at 03:00 AM.
Old 02-02-2005
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 482
Thumbs up Re: TeamJuicyRacing.com turns 1 year old!

I second MJ's comments and would like to add my best anniversary wishes to TeamJuicyRacing.com. Kudos to the people who do such a great job of maintaining this site. Thanks to all the participants as well for their entertaining, frequently instructive and occasionally profound contributions (Blondestar changed my life). Most of all, it inspires me to book those Skippy race weekends. Great work, guys!
Old 02-02-2005
PointBy
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Re: TeamJuicyRacing.com turns 1 year old!

Thanks guys.
Old 02-02-2005
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Happy Birthday and a cooler full of ice water into the cockpit for Sy, Michael, Doug and the usual suspects.
Old 02-03-2005
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Good job guys! So who is going to tell the press where the REAL name for the site came from?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyone?
Old 02-03-2005
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 482

By the way, who is the spiritual leader referred to in the press release? The pitbabe in the red pants?
Old 02-03-2005
Thumb-alina

Anyone who wants to know the origin of the name... or the identity of the "spiritual leader" can feel free to call me at the office next week. I don't think Leslie nee-Andretti would want me revealing her name on this site.
Old 02-04-2005
Taxi Cab Left Turn Only
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

I just wanted to send a quick thanks Sy, MJ, and all the other guys who put the site together. It's been great fun talking to you all, and the other materials have been entertaining and helpful. Keep it up!

Bookmark This Thread