Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 01-30-2012
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

1-Day Racing or 2-Day HPD

Hi! New bee here...

I'm considering a course at Laguna Seca. However, my travel schedule only allows me to do a 1-Day Racing or a 2-Day HPD (would love to do a 3-Day racing but schedule doesn't allow). I am not sure which one I should be taking. I have done Auto Cross a few times and have done a couple 1-day HPD classes before at tracks in UK. My objective is to improve my car control techniques. What would you recommend?

Thanks much!
Old 01-30-2012
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8
Re: 1-Day Racing or 2-Day HPD

Is there a prerequisite for the 1 day Advanced Car Control?
Old 01-30-2012

I saw the 1 or 2-day HPD courses as pre-requisite. I can't see the details about the advanced course on the web. It looked to be a half-day course. I'm interested in more details, too.
Old 01-31-2012
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

It would make sense to call and speak with an advisor. They may be able to wave a pre-requisite, if there is one, based on your previous experience.

HPD courses are good but I think an Advanced Car Control Clinic will give you a more intense dose of what you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugracer View Post
I saw the 1 or 2-day HPD courses as pre-requisite. I can't see the details about the advanced course on the web. It looked to be a half-day course. I'm interested in more details, too.
Old 01-31-2012
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

As one of the world's biggest fans of the ACC, I'm surprised that my thinking here is that as a first experience the 2HP is 3 skid pad sessions, the autocross course (formerly without traction control, I hear) and a longish on-track session (with traction control for sure). It would lead directly into the ACC if desired.
Not sure there's a wrong choice here and maybe the pocketbook is the final arbiter???
Ps. The ACC is the same amount of track time either full or half day.
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 02-04-2012

Thanks for the comments! I spoke to a helpful guy at Skip Barber and decided to go with 2-day HPD. :-)
Old 02-05-2012
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 6

You will have a blast!!

Bookmark This Thread