Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 01-16-2012
Your favorite PR Girl
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Moving On

For those who may not have heard through the grapevine yet, I have accepted another position in motorsports and this week's Homestead race will be my final event with Skip Barber Racing School before relocating to Indianapolis.

For those of you attending Homestead, I look forward to seeing you and being able to spend a final race weekend working with you For those who aren't attending, shame on you!

I'll continue to come on Skippy Forums and chat, and you're more than welcome to contact me personally on facebook or email at kelly.brou@hotmail.com (on twitter at K2theBru). Debbie and Diana will continue make sure that you all are kept up-to-date here on all things Skip Barber including promotions and such!

It has been a joy getting to know you all over the past two years and I'd like to thank you for all the fun memories. You added a great bit of spice to my day-to-day and saying goodbye certainly won't be easy. The camaraderie of this race series is second to none and I'm grateful to have been a part of it.

Bring on Homestead!
Old 01-16-2012
Diesel Demon

Re: Moving On

It certainly won't be the same around the SB paddock without you Kelly. Know that you will be missed, but also cheered on by us all in your new endeavor.

Viz
Old 01-16-2012
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Good Luck Kelly...See you at the 500 in May!
Old 01-16-2012
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Kelly,

For your tireless work documenting Skip Barber race weekends in all forms of social media including Skippyforums we thank you. You could not have worked harder, been more caring or fun to work with. Your talent as a photographer and writer will be missed as will your smile and sense of humor. You have the distinct honor of being the very first official Skip Barber liaison between the company and Skippyforums where you're discretion at telling us everything we needed to know without telling us everything you knew, tells us you'll be a valued public relations person anywhere... and especially in Indianapolis.

Good luck and keep in touch!... We'll miss you!
Old 01-17-2012
Irrational National

Gallery Images: 815

Kelly,

We will miss you very much!!! Thanks for all the work and effort you put into the Skip Barber family. Thanks for your friendship and laughs. Your new home will be glad they hired you.

Take care, and see you at Homestead.

Gerardo

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman View Post
It certainly won't be the same around the SB paddock without you Kelly. Know that you will be missed, but also cheered on by us all in your new endeavor.

Viz
perfectly said.

You're going to be dearly missed and we will certainly talk about u behind ur back now!!

The pictures you always took were awesome and you took the best picture of my life when you caught me crossing the finish line of my first summer series win at watkins' glen. I will always be in ur debt for that awesome picture

thank you thank you thank you
Old 01-17-2012
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Thank you Kelly for your seemingly endless hard work and for being so much fun in the face of a gigantic work load. Your new employer could not have found a better person. Good luck and keep in touch with updates on your new career. WE WILL MISS YOU!!
Old 01-18-2012
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
Videos Re: Moving On

Best of luck KayBee, it's been fun, thanks (I'll be stopping by for my Indy hot pass one of these 500's) Not sure if I've made this one public before, was part of the 2010 National DVD and played at the Summer Series Banquet. I tried to code embed to force 480p playback, no luck, so def click 480p. Also, some pics by Jim Altemus and others in this, but it's 98% Kelly
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	kb1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	4583   Click image for larger version

Name:	kb2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	4584   Click image for larger version

Name:	kb3.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	4585   Click image for larger version

Name:	kb4.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	4586  

Name:	zz-ratl-016-KELLYCAR-1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	4587  

Last edited by cdh; 01-18-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-18-2012
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Wonderful montage there, CDH. Good photographers of people have an innate ability to create such a personal relationship with the subject that they know how to catch the right moments that show people's true, beautiful, human selves. Kelly has that gift in spades.

Kelly, I am so happy to hear that you are headed for bigger and better things, where you can use your gifts and creative energies to make even more of a difference on a larger stage. Indianapolis! That's awesome! I'm sorry that I can't get down to Homestead for your last SB event. But Indy is only a 3 hr drive from Lexington, so we will have to make a day of it sometime! I'm serious. Best of luck, and please, don't be a stranger!
Old 01-22-2012
Team Flying Randalls
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Thank You from The Flying Randalls - - we've appreciated all of your hard work at SB - - best of luck at the new position
Old 01-24-2012
Your favorite PR Girl

Thanks everyone for the kind words. For those who made it out to Homestead, I had a wonderful time. Saying goodbye wasn't easy but I know we'll all be sure to reunite at various tracks. Thank you for the compliments, emails and gifts. You've become family to me and I'll miss hanging out with you at the track!

Kelly
kelly.brou@hotmail.com
Old 01-24-2012
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

I am going miss you like CRAZY! We completely bonded on my first race weekend at Grattan and have been buds ever since, ha ha ha!

You and I have been through so much together and it's going to be difficult not having you here keeping my head above the clouds.

Your new team is going to love you, no doubts in my mind on that one. I will never forget what you have taught me and what all you have done for this company. Your heart belongs in pro racing though which is why I know you will be very happy in your new adventure. And it's giving me a new vacation spot, ha ha ha!

But, seriously, you're a gem and it's your turn to shine. Give 'em hell kid!

P.S.
I miss you already!
Old 02-01-2012
Your favorite PR Girl

Aw, thanks babe! Miss you guys like crazy already!
Old 02-01-2012
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBruSBRS View Post
Aw, thanks babe! Miss you guys like crazy already!
Give us a report of what's going on for you!
Old 02-02-2012
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

_________
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge

Name:	6238500840_85d92e4c8c_b.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	4618  
Old 02-17-2012
Your favorite PR Girl

Things are going well! I've been on the road a bit since moving to Indianapolis. The weather isn't too much different than Atlanta, thank God.

The team (Team Falken Tire) has the 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, and wow, is she a beaut! I think Sports Car racing is growing on me. The team here is incredible and I'm honored to be a part of it. As most of you know, Bryan Sellers is one of the drivers, so having another SBRSer helps too. Anyone going to the 12 Hour, you have to stop by and say hello! I certainly miss seeing you all! I ran into the Hindmans, Scott Anderson, the Hargroves, Ralf Trebing and the Nunez clan last week while testing at Sebring. It was great to see some skippy faces!

Feel free to keep up with me at my personal twitter (K2theBru) and on the ALMS team twitter (FalkenALMS).

Miss you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
Give us a report of what's going on for you!

Bookmark This Thread