Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 04-01-2011
Nano Tech Wizard
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 3339
Post 2011Western Regional Finale Championship

Event Name: 2011Western Regional Finale Championship. Organization: Skip Barber Racing School LLC.

More...

Click on 'Post Reply' below to discuss
Old 04-04-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36
Re: 2011Western Regional Finale Championship

Any way that our news bot can locate an updated version of the results so that I can see how my friends did in the second races?
Old 04-04-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Not sure why race 2 and the masters race haven't shown up yet?

Congrats to Scott Anderson who clinched the championship in the final race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatertownNewbie View Post
Any way that our news bot can locate an updated version of the results so that I can see how my friends did in the second races?
Old 04-04-2011
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 6

I think somehow the posting of the second race results was forgotten. Hey Pat - how did you do in Race Two?
Old 04-04-2011

The SBRS website is seriously screwed up. Nothing is loading, drop DOWN menus are dropping UP and disappearing into the top of the page, no "Upcoming Sessions" are loading on the LRP location page, etc. Perhaps the lack of race updates has something to do with that. You would think they would have completed their updates in a developer doman (ex: devel.skipbarber.com ) rather than bringing down the entire site and making it non-functional.
Old 04-04-2011
Grand Master

Hey Paul,

In race one I overcooked turn six with a no lift four off in the middle of the race, and in race two drove off turn 3 on lap 2. Both four offs were drive offs under (relative) control so did safety checks and had a ball running back up through the fields to finish P6 twice. The masters race was even better. Started 9th in a wild start four wide into turn two then battled back and forth up to P5. Had caught P4 Doug Tuttle right behind the leaders when Doug lost it through turn 9. It's a fast downhill left hander that fully loads the right side of the car. Doug ran wide and lost the back end to the right but the front of his car stayed on track and hooked left into the place I needed to be. I got the front half of my car past his nose but my right rear clipped his nose and spun me backwards into a deep ravine from the previous week's rain on the inside of the track. Had a rapid deceleration that tore up the back of the car pretty well and I was shaken but not stirred. No soreness other than the usual race weekend stuff. My race ended on lap 9 but they were the best 9 laps of the weekend and the instructors said the masters was the best race of the weekend with lots of pass/re-pass action and side by side battles through corners. Masters Rule!

My all too brief video is entertaining as well. Will see if I can figure out how to get it down to a Quicktime size we can show here.

Sir Stressalot did well as expected as did Lee Kaiser and Walter Kuhn. Yuki raced well and brought his usual bottles of Saki for the instructors and the banquet. Lots of fun with the left coasters. Mentioned at the drivers meeting we are now the official unofficial site of SBRS so I'll remain optimistic that we may yet see some new old time left coast Skippy racers. :-)

One of the really neat things was the weather. They'd had monsoon rain for several weeks before we arrived so all the hills around the track that are usually brown were as green as Ireland. No one could ever remember seeing it so green. Thursday and Friday we had temps in the 80's. Randy brought everyone outside for our drivers meeting just for the warm sunny weather!

Scott Anderson basically walked away with race one and the championship all but clinching it with his initial performance. Shellbilly Blackstock made the drive of his life in race two carving back up through the field to win the race on the last lap. He's come a long way in less than a year as has Thomas McGreggor who was always in the middle of the action and took second place in the championship as well. Kyle Kaiser has also come into his own this year as a top tier driver in the series rightfully making his papa proud and other drivers fearful.

Good time was had by all. All tuned up for VIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Subject View Post
I think somehow the posting of the second race results was forgotten. Hey Pat - how did you do in Race Two?
Old 04-05-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekychica View Post
The SBRS website is seriously screwed up. Nothing is loading, drop DOWN menus are dropping UP and disappearing into the top of the page, no "Upcoming Sessions" are loading on the LRP location page, etc. Perhaps the lack of race updates has something to do with that. You would think they would have completed their updates in a developer doman (ex: devel.skipbarber.com ) rather than bringing down the entire site and making it non-functional.

We're aware of all these problems and our IT department knocking them off one by one. Unfortunately, it's not something as simple as clicking a button. They're working long hours to work out all these kinks and once again, I thank you guys for your patience. Each department in the company has their own list of things that need to be fixed on the site, and the IT dept is working on them.

The updates were created in a developer domain, and everyone in the company had input as to things that needed to be fixed. The site had been under development months before it went live, and IT was under a lot of pressure to get a new site up as quickly as possible. Of course, there were some small kinks when it went live (as with any company) and we discovered more once we had actual customers exploring the new site.

From a diving school perspective, the site has become much more functional, but unfortunately, the race series side needs some work.

As always, if you need any kind of information that you can't find on the site, call our email your Series Advisor, and they can help you out.

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2011

Quote:
great point.

as a web hosting company with 1,000s of clients, they all do this.

not sure why a broken site was launched while in alpha.
Old 04-05-2011
G-force junkie

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
great point.
as a web hosting company with 1,000s of clients, they all do this.
Greg, I saw this coming last year. After our last Customer Advisory Board conference call, I spoke to the IT guy about moving the SB site to Zerolag (or at least just talking to you about your services) because of the suboptimal design/functionality of the website from my point of view. He said they were happy with their current arrangement and that the site would be significantly improved by the redesign. It was indeed an inexpensive contract, but often you get what you pay for. And here we are. Now that SB have gotten the financing they were looking for, I believe even more that they need to talk to you. A bad web presence in today's world is an absolute no-no, even if it's temporary, because it doesn't have to be that way.
Old 04-05-2011

Gallery Images: 6

New SB visitors are one click away from not coming back - it takes so long to develop customer interest and then one click and its all gone. Hopefully the site gets fixed before more interest from first time visitors goes down the drain (and not to return).
Old 04-06-2011

It wouldn't be so bad if the issues didn't affect every part of the site. You can't navigate to any location other than New Jersey (unless you know the acronym for each park and can replace NJMP with it -- LRP, for example) because of the menus "dropping" UP. Then, if you do get to a location page (using LRP as an example), the track map loads, then disappears, and there's no other information. Nothing about lodging, attractions, or (most importantly) upcoming sessions.

If you go to the Instructors page, all of the instructors are now bunched together with tiny pictures and a small blurb with no links to their individual pages, which had their upcoming sessions listed. If a customer had a favourite instructor and wanted to make sure to sign up for a school that person is teaching, he/she can't go on the site to find out -- it would be another call to their CSR.

I haven't checked the race series side of things, but from what was said at the beginning of this thread, race updates/results aren't being automatically loaded, either.

Did anyone think the site was hard to navigate before? I never had a problem. One comment was that it would be nice to have the top 5 new news headlines back on the front page. Personally, I prefer streamlined and simple to multi-menu and graphic heavy. The site doesn't have to be flashy if the content speaks for itself.
Old 04-06-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
that is the big question here imo...makes no sense, there is no reason to launch prematurely (easy fellas)
Old 04-06-2011
G-force junkie

Quote:
Did anyone think the site was hard to navigate before? I never had a problem. One comment was that it would be nice to have the top 5 new news headlines back on the front page. Personally, I prefer streamlined and simple to multi-menu and graphic heavy. The site doesn't have to be flashy if the content speaks for itself.
The site from a couple of years ago seemed more intuitive than the last couple of iterations. I agree the news should be more prominent and more easily accessible. After all, it has significant promotional and retention value for first-timers and those in the early stages of the addiction.
Old 04-06-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Having the news portion of the site is definitely on the to-do list, but right now, the team is working on the high priority functionality items first. Keep in mind this is an interim site.

I spoke with the IT team to address some of your points and answer some of your questions to clarify. A response is coming shortly.

Last edited by KBruSBRS; 04-06-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post

Good time was had by all. All tuned up for VIR!

You forgot to mention that we were split by .004 in quali

the masters race was amazing - ill post some video soon.

anyone know a good high def video editing tool? (Doug?)
Old 04-06-2011

Quote:
Aha, the results from the second race and the Masters Race are now available.
Old 04-06-2011

Quote:
Aha, the results from the second race and the Masters Race are now available.
How do you get mylaps to show the actual laptimes instead of that lame bar chart?!
Old 04-06-2011

Quote:
How do you get mylaps to show the actual laptimes instead of that lame bar chart?!
The only thing I have ever been able to do with myLaps is see the final placement chart with gaps between positions and fastest lap. I do not know that it is possible to get the lap-by-lap times the way we do at practice or race sessions. If it is possible, I'd like to know too.
Old 04-07-2011
administrationistperson

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Quote:
anyone know a good high def video editing tool? (Doug?)
This is a new thread question...fire one up bro
Old 04-07-2011
G-force junkie

Quote:
The only thing I have ever been able to do with myLaps is see the final placement chart with gaps between positions and fastest lap. I do not know that it is possible to get the lap-by-lap times the way we do at practice or race sessions. If it is possible, I'd like to know too.
I believe to get lap-by-lap times you have to have your own unique personal transponder that's always identified with you (as you would if you ran your own club racer). Probably not practical in the framework of Skip racing.
Old 05-13-2011

Angry Re: 2011Western Regional Finale Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBruSBRS View Post
Having the news portion of the site is definitely on the to-do list, but right now, the team is working on the high priority functionality items first. Keep in mind this is an interim site.

I spoke with the IT team to address some of your points and answer some of your questions to clarify. A response is coming shortly.

Has anyone tried the SBRS site recently? Apparently "shortly" means over a month, because, after trying to access the following URL from two computers using three browsers, I'm still encountering all of the errors I had back in March/April... Upcoming Sessions, anyone?

http://skipbarber.com/location.asp?lid=LRP
Old 05-13-2011
Grand Master

I think what we are seeing now is truly temporary as it is my understanding they have hired a company to build a proper site for them. Don't know who, what, where or when but this news is encouraging if true.
Quote:
Has anyone tried the SBRS site recently? Apparently "shortly" means over a month, because, after trying to access the following URL from two computers using three browsers, I'm still encountering all of the errors I had back in March/April... Upcoming Sessions, anyone?

http://skipbarber.com/location.asp?lid=LRP

Bookmark This Thread