Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 04-06-2010
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

2-Day Coverage...

OK, I got my website updated with some blog text and photos from the 2-Day. I also wrote up some brief track notes, more for my own recollection than anything else, but thought others might be interested, too. Scroll to the bottom of my 'racing' page for the links.

http://www.kenbalch.com/Kens_World/Racing.html

As soon as I get the video back from Helix, I'll edit a few laps together and post them, too.

Special thanks to Keith for affixing his MyTach (http://www.mytach.co.uk/) to my car for Day 2 of the school and generating a great deal of very interesting data for me, entirely free of charge. Thanks, pal!!

Ken
Old 04-07-2010
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Re: 2-Day Coverage...

nice feedback! unluckily for those 2 accident! and cant believe and driver crashed into an instructor on turn 7 (i think it was). And i think its good to have a practice on rain so you can see how the wet line feels and to see what happens when you go on the race line on full braking! Better to experience it during practice than being in your 1st race and it starts to rain and you have never driven in the rain! My 2-day will be coming up soon ( around 3 months) so its good hearing others experience. Really excited to drive the formula with the sequential gear box.
Old 04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
cant believe and driver crashed into an instructor on turn 7 (i think it was).
It's more common than you'd think...
Old 04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekychica View Post
your probably right, i just never really thought about it or even imagined that its a common thing... Like dam... i wonder if they would have to pay for both cars!!?
Old 04-08-2010
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekychica View Post
There is so little grip in the early part of that brake zone (before the dip in the surface) that you have to brake quite a bit earlier than you think if you follow someone closely into there. And in a 2 day school? --I'm not surprised it happens a lot.
Old 04-17-2010
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

...and the video is up! See it here: http://www.kenbalch.com/Kens_World/Advanced_2-Day.html

These two laps weren't my best of the day (though the later one isn't terrible), just a good representation of the day's events. The last sessions of the day were much faster, with better lines & speeds (especially through Turns 10, 16, & 17), but I didn't have the video camera for those laps. Alas...

It'll continue to get better, for sure. I can't wait for my first race weekend!!

Ken

Bookmark This Thread