Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 06-13-2011

Thumbs up Official Hotels & Partnered Restaurants of Spammers Everywhere

Flagrant Advertisement On Hold Pending Extremely Unlikely Payment

Last edited by sydude; 06-13-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: added a smilie!
Old 06-13-2011
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 14
Re: Official Hotels & Partnered Restaurants of NJMP

Not sure how others feel, but the two posts promoting/spamming products/services before the "newbie" post sure leave a sour taste in my mouth.. to stay on topic though, I once spent a long week in the Vineland Windgate while staying there for a couple days... buddaa bump. ;-) seriously, I did though. At least the staff next door at Bennigans were friendly..
Old 06-13-2011

@ rcote; I am so sorry for it was not my intention to leave a sour taste in your mouth regarding my posting. We just wanted to spread the word of our official status with NJMP and was advised that this was a fantastic forum in which to do so. Please acccept my appologies if I offended you or anyone for that was not my intent. I actually thought this would be valuable information for those traveling to our area visiting NJMP.
I am also sorry that you did not have a great experience at our Wingate in Vineland. As of 1/1/11 we have a new management staff in place and are currently ranked as an "A" property by ----- by ----. We would welcome the opportunity to turn your previous experience around. Safe travels & safe racing! Take care,

Janice Jones
jjones@towerhospitality.com

Last edited by sydude; 06-13-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: get rid of spam hotel name
Old 06-13-2011
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

Hi Janice, thanks, who advised you this was a good place to post? Just curious, no problem with this here, as long as it is just a one time notice with no ongoing advertising of specials etc. I moved thread to this forum where it belongs, I am not averse to informing racers about accommodations...a link can be created in the the "Links & Downloads" page as well.
Old 06-13-2011

@cdh; Thank you for your prompt reply! NJMP actually referred me to your forum and said it was #1 in the racing world! Quick question; how do I go about creating a link to be posted in the links and downloads section?

Thank you for your assistance! Safe travels & safe racing!
Old 06-13-2011

No worries Janice.. Im probally more ornery about multi posts about the same subject than others I'm sure. I'm sure a partial directory of local places to stay at NJMP would be helpful to many... I travel alot as many here do and I see improvement in accomadations all the time with new management and/or a renewal of commitment to the customer pretty often. Good luck with your's regarding the Windgate and Ill give you guys another shot the next time Im headed to NJMP and my usual comped room at Harrah's isn't avaliable..
Old 06-13-2011

Re: Official Hotels & Partnered Restaurants of

@rcote; Thank you! We look forward to being of service upon your return to our area! Also, remember that tripadvisor.com is a great venue for reviewing hotel accommodations and restaurants and you will definitely see a great improvement in our guest comments at the ------ it truly is a wonderful hotel and close to NJMP! Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by sydude; 06-13-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-13-2011
Team OC/AD D

Gallery Images: 1995

Janice, send me a check and I'll put your ad back in. I mean, you should jump to write a check to have the opportunity to advertise in such a fantastic forum, right? Even NJMP called us the #1 forum in the racing world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJones View Post
@ rcote; I am so sorry for it was not my intention to leave a sour taste in your mouth regarding my posting. We just wanted to spread the word of our official status with NJMP and was advised that this was a fantastic forum in which to do so. Please acccept my appologies if I offended you or anyone for that was not my intent. I actually thought this would be valuable information for those traveling to our area visiting NJMP.
Doug, if a member has intent to contribute something to this forum (at some point in their lives even), I would agree with you. But this is just a gross attempt to get free advertising. Spam. And to add insult to injury, she had the audacity to try and sweet talk us. Badly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Hi Janice, thanks, who advised you this was a good place to post? Just curious, no problem with this here, as long as it is just a one time notice with no ongoing advertising of specials etc. I moved thread to this forum where it belongs, I am not averse to informing racers about accommodations...a link can be created in the the "Links & Downloads" page as well.
You don't have to be a professional BS sniffer to figure this one out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJones View Post
@cdh; Thank you for your prompt reply! NJMP actually referred me to your forum and said it was #1 in the racing world! Quick question; how do I go about creating a link to be posted in the links and downloads section?

Last edited by sydude; 06-13-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-13-2011
Team OC/AD D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydude View Post
Janice, send me a check and I'll put your ad back in.
Janice, you know what, I have to apologize. That was very inflexible and demanding of me to tell you that you had to write a check to get your ad back in. I'm sorry.

I should have also given you the option of posting at least 5 pictures of yourself in a bikini in our Pit Girls picture gallery, which by the way IS the #1 pit girl gallery in the world. So you should be thrilled to post there, too.

Last edited by sydude; 06-13-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-13-2011

Hmmmm.. maybe Im not THAT much of an overlysensitive, overprotective, ornery S.O.B. that I'm sonetimes accussed of afterall..... No.... I probally still am.... Spam comes in sooo many colors and degrees nowadays, doesn't it..?? Lol... ;-)
Old 06-13-2011

@sydude; Again, I was sharing the announcement that we are the "Official" Hotels of ---- with a copy of the Press Release submitted by ----. I thought this would be helpful info when visiting ----in Shitville and had absolutely no intention of upsetting you. This is an "Official" partnership and not an advertising campaign. Thank you & we hope to be of service - safe travels & safe racing!

Last edited by sydude; 06-13-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: More spamming.... At least she's kind of cute. Check her picture out on LinkedIn. Maybe she'll post a bikini shot?
Old 06-13-2011

Re: Official Hotels & Partnered Restaurants of Spammers Everywhere

Lol Sy... right on the mark... Man, I missed you at Sid's LRP memorial....
Old 06-13-2011
Team OC/AD D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcote View Post
Lol Sy... right on the mark... Man, I missed you at Sid's LRP memorial....
I missed you (and me) there, too. I was supposed to come and run the Memorial on Friday, but a bunch of things came up. Saturday was a no go. Bummmmer. :-(
Old 06-13-2011
administrationistperson

Jeeez, bad day Sy??? So much for diplomacy.

To be honest, you sound like more of an a-hole than JJ does. Yes, I am in a crappy mood too....
Old 06-13-2011
Team OC/AD D

Quote:
Jeeez, bad day Sy??? So much for diplomacy.

To be honest, you sound like more of an a-hole than JJ does. Yes, I am in a crappy mood too....
No, no, no! I'm in a GREAT mood actually. I just REALLY can't stand people who try to take advantage, and especially those who try to weasel it by.

Maybe we should ask ourselves "What Would Sid Do?" in this situation?
Old 06-13-2011

Gallery Images: 6

Sy - you are the best!! And Sid would say " For $10000 to the Mechanics Fund, you can have ONE advertisment."
Old 06-13-2011
administrationistperson

Sid would probably say sumptin like dis
Old 06-13-2011
administrationistperson

Roger, you have no idea how many real spammers I foil in reviewing registrations. This is mild, and at least race-related. We have had people trying to sell shoes, wedding services, cameras, electronics, domains, yarmulkes, cookware, iPads, on and on and on. JJ's post has some useful info to a racer going to Millville.
Maybe I'll let the real spammers in and set you knuckleheads straight. ..........
Old 06-13-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

I just looked back at the revised first post and new title of this thread and I am on the floor cryin. OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS. Crappy moods and all.
Old 06-13-2011
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
I just looked back at the revised first post and new title of this thread and I am on the floor cryin. OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS. Crappy moods and all.
got a good thread out of it
Old 06-13-2011
Team OC/AD D

Quote:
got a good thread out of it
Exactly! I definitely had some fun with it.
Old 06-14-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

hahahah you guys are hilariously awesome.
Old 06-18-2011
administrationistperson

For the record I emailed Janice and she had no intention of upsetting anyone or spamming the site, she apologized for her incorrect posting, she could not have been nicer. In my time as an administrator of numerous websites, not once have I ever had a spammer offer all contact info or write a letter of apology. Janice did these things, she was sharing a press release, no more, no less, and again, she apologized for her newbie posting error. Who here hasn't heard others say having so many forums can be confusing? KB did just yesterday. There are times I scratch my head wondering what forum a new post should go in.

I see no benefit in burning this bridge, she could not have been nicer in her correspondence with me, she is an inside line to properties in the Millville area, I for one have added her in my contact info.

cdh
Old 06-18-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

As much fun as Sy had with it, I think Doug has a point. He spends a lot of time fighting off spammers, so he should know. If Janice were to offer a discount program to SF members, maybe her post could return?

Tags
hotels , njmp accommodations , partners , restaurants

Bookmark This Thread