Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > F1, IndyCar, Grand-Am, Karting etc Discussions

Old 02-05-2004
WillowCross Racing
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
Formula One Predictions - 2004 Season

Anyone care to make any predictions on the upcoming F1 season?
I have one - Michael Schumacher will not win a six World Title this year for two reasons. One, the current points system that does not "reward" winning races (only 2 points more than a second place finish). The other, is the ascendance of the 2nd tier teams such as BAR, Toyota, and Renault.
Old 02-05-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
JPM

I agree. Montoya or Kimi will win. I'm going for JPM.

Why? Michael clearly showed his lack of hunger through the year (remember Hungary?), culminating in that distrastrous showing in Suzuka where he was 1) dog slow and 2) dog dirty. Driving the way my Team Juicy co-founder drives at F1Boston will not get you a 7th championship (oh snap!! :evil - maybe this belongs in Trash Talk?)...

MS will retire at the end of the season (in 3rd place) after Kimi and JPM kick his *** *** year long. Rubens will be a non-contender as Bridgestone will be weak, and DC is no match for Kimi.

That leaves Ralfie aka 'Mr. Personality' Schumacher, Jr. |I - Mr. Inconsistent will again win 2 or 3 races (where he kills everyone) and then suck in most of the others. He'll finish in 4th.
Old 02-05-2004
Thumb-alina
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Who will win?

Kimi *** the way. JPM sucks. He has lot's of raw talent but can't keep his emotions in check. He beats himself. Ferrari is screwed due to tire issues. Sauber will be a PITA to the mid tier teams but that is it. Jag will be lucky to finish mid-pack.
Old 02-06-2004
Bavarian Berserk
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Let me tell you a thing or two about F1

I do understand why you guys wish so badly that Michael's reign be over soon (BTW it would be his seventh - and 5th consecutive - championship. But looking back at the last ten years it was almost always the best car that won the championship (maybe with the exception of 94).

Considering what I have seen so far, I have serious concerns, that McLaren will be able to step up. That rules Kimi and David out.

BMW has an interesting new aero concept but both of its drivers lack consistency. Maybe Montoya even more so. No one has had more contact with other cars or any obstacle for that matter than him. His idea of racing as a contact sport will hamper his progress, especially if the FIA bring the one-race ban.

Renault is a big question mark. Apparently Trulli cannot match Alonso's race pace. So that leaves the task to him. For me he is the most serious challenger for Ferrari.

What do you guys think of Jenson Button, though?

Last edited by birkmama; 10-20-2004 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-06-2004
WillowCross Racing
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1
BAR broke the lap record at Barcelona

Honda will decide if they stay in F1 by Silverstone. That means BAR and Button will be putting everything into the first ten races. With his career on the line I think he'll take some big risks that may very well pay off if the Honda engines don't go KA-BLAMO.
Old 02-07-2004
Team OC/AD D
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 1995
Re: BAR broke the lap record at Barcelona

This is a great & hysterical Montoya clip:

Montoya flips out on cameraman

Bookmark This Thread