Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 03-22-2010
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Upcoming 2-Day...

I've been getting ready for my 2-Day here in chilly suburban Boston. Man, I really miss central FL. For all sorts of reasons, but the weather is high on the list.

Lucky for me, I'll be heading down there on Thursday. A few nice days with the folks, and then Jean & I will head down to Sebring on Sunday. I'm hoping to get a seat liner done on Sunday afternoon, but it's not clear yet if I'll be able to make that happen. Either way, I'll be at the track Monday morning, ready and raring to go!

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping extra hard for a couple of nice, sunny days for the class. The last day of my 3-Day last year was plagued by absolutely torrential rain. Good practice, certainly, but I'd rather be concentrating on the dry line at this point and improving my car control and lap times.

UPS says that my gear should be here later today. I wound up ordering all the Nomex underlayers, head to toe, plus shoes & gloves. I'll pick up a suit, helmet & Hans later this spring with an eye on doing my first race weekend over the summer.

Anyone else going to be there next week?

Ken
Old 03-22-2010
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112
Re: Upcoming 2-Day...

Sounds like you're ready to go Ken. You'll be fine using the school suits and helmets. and good luck getting that seat poured but if they aren't able to get it done they do have foam pads you can use in a pinch. Either way you'll be fine. I won't be there but would love to hear how it goes.

We don't have a lot of members from the southern and western series. If you're comfortable with it Ken, please let your fellow participants know about Skippyforums and invite them to join. We'd love to have a wider cross section of the skippy customer base to work with.

Good luck with the weather, have a great 2-day and please tell us all about it when you're done!

Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalch View Post
I've been getting ready for my 2-Day here in chilly suburban Boston. Man, I really miss central FL. For all sorts of reasons, but the weather is high on the list.

Lucky for me, I'll be heading down there on Thursday. A few nice days with the folks, and then Jean & I will head down to Sebring on Sunday. I'm hoping to get a seat liner done on Sunday afternoon, but it's not clear yet if I'll be able to make that happen. Either way, I'll be at the track Monday morning, ready and raring to go!

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping extra hard for a couple of nice, sunny days for the class. The last day of my 3-Day last year was plagued by absolutely torrential rain. Good practice, certainly, but I'd rather be concentrating on the dry line at this point and improving my car control and lap times.

UPS says that my gear should be here later today. I wound up ordering all the Nomex underlayers, head to toe, plus shoes & gloves. I'll pick up a suit, helmet & Hans later this spring with an eye on doing my first race weekend over the summer.

Anyone else going to be there next week?

Ken
Old 03-23-2010
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Your name is too close to mine not to wish you hours of seat time, much learning and some fun, too. Don't mind the sarcasm. It's a teaching tool!!
Hydrate. When it's all feeling very, very good, be very, very careful. Hydrate. High eyes. Hydrate.
Now about that missing 'i'...
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 03-23-2010
Irrational National
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 815

I'll be there instructing. Looking forward to a fun two days!

Professor of Comedic Slip Angle Use
Old 03-23-2010
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalch View Post
I'm hoping to get a seat liner done on Sunday afternoon, but it's not clear yet if I'll be able to make that happen. Either way, I'll be at the track Monday morning, ready and raring to go!

Ken
The seat makes all the difference. Unfortunately I didn't get one till my second race event. Took 8 sec off my time. Probably a record for the largest improvement solely attributable to a seat. Although likely not surprising seeing that the previous session I had recorded the third slowest lap time in the history of Laguna Seca. Call down to the shop this week. If they have the foam components, I'm sure someone will be willing to pour your seat on Sunday, especially if you promise them an extra tip. But sometimes they run low on the 2-part foam and have to order it.
Old 03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalyduo View Post
We don't have a lot of members from the southern and western series. If you're comfortable with it Ken, please let your fellow participants know about Skippyforums and invite them to join. We'd love to have a wider cross section of the skippy customer base to work with.

Good luck with the weather, have a great 2-day and please tell us all about it when you're done!
Pat
Hi Pat,

I'll definitely mention Skippyforums to the other guys. It's a great resource and one to which I hope to contribute more as my racing participation increases.

I'll be sure to write up the 2-Day when it's done...

Ken
Old 03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredracer View Post
Your name is too close to mine not to wish you hours of seat time, much learning and some fun, too. Don't mind the sarcasm. It's a teaching tool!!
Hydrate. When it's all feeling very, very good, be very, very careful. Hydrate. High eyes. Hydrate.
Now about that missing 'i'...
I'm all about the hydration. And the high eyes. And probably some other stuff, too, though it's not coming to mind just now. A not-quite-senior moment... :-)

Ken
Old 03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
I'll be there instructing. Looking forward to a fun two days!
Awesome! See you Monday morning...

Ken
Old 03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhands View Post
The seat makes all the difference. Unfortunately I didn't get one till my second race event. Took 8 sec off my time. Probably a record for the largest improvement solely attributable to a seat. Although likely not surprising seeing that the previous session I had recorded the third slowest lap time in the history of Laguna Seca. Call down to the shop this week. If they have the foam components, I'm sure someone will be willing to pour your seat on Sunday, especially if you promise them an extra tip. But sometimes they run low on the 2-part foam and have to order it.
Just got the guy's name & number from Kelli and left him a message. Hopefully, he'll be able to get it done on Sunday. Fingers crossed...

Ken

Bookmark This Thread