Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 05-01-2008
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Quick Question about ADV2

Hello all,

I am signed up for the ADV2 on the 13th - 14th at Limerock. Do they offer the in car video ? I found it very helpful to review my lines with the video I got in the three day. I read about getting elbow protection but does anyone have any other tips they can share ? For some strange reason I am more nervous about this class then the 3 day.

Thanks
Eric
Old 05-01-2008
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 36
Re: Quick Question about ADV2

Welcome, and you are not the first to ask this question. Go to this thread:
http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forum...ead.php?t=2408

Have a great time!
Old 05-01-2008
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog_ewl View Post
Hello all,

I am signed up for the ADV2 on the 13th - 14th at Limerock. Do they offer the in car video ? I found it very helpful to review my lines with the video I got in the three day. I read about getting elbow protection but does anyone have any other tips they can share ? For some strange reason I am more nervous about this class then the 3 day.

Thanks
Eric
I'm not giving you a guarantee, but, after looking at the master schedule, my answer is yes, there will be video. Like I said, it's not a guarantee, but I have a feeling there will be. Photos too! I'd tell you who your instructors are going to be, but that info may change by the time your school rolls around.
Old 05-01-2008
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

I'm also registered for the May 13-14 ADV2. Do the sessions on the autocross course approximate some of the Advanced Car Control training?
I'm very much looking forward to ADV2 in cooler weather. My 3 day was last June, on 3 of the hottest days of the year.
Look forward to meeting you Eric.

Les

Last edited by XVeeRacer; 05-01-2008 at 08:45 PM. Reason: no signature
Old 05-01-2008
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Can't speak for Lime Rock, but we had video only on the afternoon of the second day at Laguna (both times).

The autocross sessions are just warm-ups to get you acclimated to the RT and the sequential gearbox before you take to the track. You can work a bit on rotation, but not like an ACC school.

You will likely find your fellow 2da students to be much more skilled, top to bottom, than your 3-day brethren.
Old 05-03-2008
red mist junkie

Gallery Images: 2

I know about being more nervous about the 2 day. I felt the same way! So much so that I attended 4 2 day schools. I learned something new each time. The emphasis changed from "we're learning racing basics" to "now we are going to learn how to go fast" !
YOU WILL LOVE IT TWICE AS MUCH AS THE THREE DAY!
Old 05-03-2008
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Day one of my 2-day nothing felt right... Struggled with the sequencial gearbox. Would forget which gear I was in and which direction to push for up or down shifts. Was slow transfering classroom theory to practical application. Seemed to have regressed since my 3-day. Amazing what a good nights sleep can do. Day 2 was as good or better than day one had been bad. Autocross car control was big fun. The sequential box became second nature and the on-track lapping sessions with instructors interspersed was as much fun as I'd had in a car to that point. George has it right. Much bigger smiles from your 2-Day.

Last edited by dalyduo; 05-12-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2008
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Had a great time. Great weather. Great Instructors. Had a much better time with the sequential gearbox then the 4 speed from the 3 day. The voltage regulator in my car died on the 1st day and I missed a session but they let me have makeup session in day two. Driving two lapping sessions in a row was a real workout !!! Thanks to all who responded with the good advice.
Old 05-16-2008
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795

very cool, and you will be one of the last graduates to have schooled at the "old Lime Rock" - you can sound like a vet already!.....HA!

You have any racing plans?
Old 05-16-2008
red mist junkie

Gallery Images: 2

I am glad to see you got the same thrill out of it that we did!!!

Bookmark This Thread