Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Old 06-07-2012
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Hi All

I have been a fan going back to the days at Laguna Seca with Jim Hall and the Chaparral in the Can-Am series. My brother and I used to head over to Half Moon Bay Drag strip... we saw Garlits vs Prudhomme when the best time in the 1/4 mile was 7 seconds. My wife and I enjoy following F-1 very much. I am not a racer, but am a huge enthusiast and have had my 993 out a few times on the track with PCA events. I hope to do more and learn more. Who knows maybe there is a Skip Barber school for me in the future. Looking forward to the forum.

-- John
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	J Owens 1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	4698  
Old 06-07-2012
Testing Entry Speed / Advanced Member (25+ Posts)

Re: Hi All

Welcome to the club. Looks like you have impeccable taste in automobiles. 3 day school, 2 day school, then next thing you know you'll have that Porsche gutted with a fire suppression system and full roll cage.
Old 06-07-2012
Moving Chicane / Regular Member (<5 Posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageTwo View Post
Welcome to the club. Looks like you have impeccable taste in automobiles. 3 day school, 2 day school, then next thing you know you'll have that Porsche gutted with a fire suppression system and full roll cage.
lol... I have seen it happen!

Thanks

-- John
Old 06-08-2012
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

Welcome John,

I'll second PageTwo's comments and add that you'd have fun in a high performance driving school playing with cars in a performance envelope similar to your Porsche but that will likely only make you want a 3-day racing school more. If you can, start with the racing school and don't look back!

Do keep us posted going forward.
Old 06-08-2012
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 993 JSO View Post
I have been a fan going back to the days at Laguna Seca with Jim Hall and the Chaparral in the Can-Am series. My brother and I used to head over to Half Moon Bay Drag strip... we saw Garlits vs Prudhomme when the best time in the 1/4 mile was 7 seconds. My wife and I enjoy following F-1 very much. I am not a racer, but am a huge enthusiast and have had my 993 out a few times on the track with PCA events. I hope to do more and learn more. Who knows maybe there is a Skip Barber school for me in the future. Looking forward to the forum.

-- John
Welcome to the zoo! Do the three day racing school in the formula car. You will be hooked. Just my opinion, but as long as I can rent Skippy's formula cars for lapping days I would never put one of my own street vehicles on any racetrack. I've seen too many expensive exotics, their noses carefully covered in acres of masking tape, with their back bumpers relocated above the rear tires.

Bookmark This Thread