Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Everything Else. Cars, Fun, Politics & More

Old 09-12-2007
WB RCD Retired at 22
Entry Speed Demon / Advanced Member (100+ Posts)

Calling Saab Fans Orginal SPG For Sale.

Hey guys I'm selling my 1990 Saab 900 SPG Turbo.

Because of the low milage and relative rarity of this car I'm going to ask a very negotiable $6300. I'm motivated to sell, but I'm not letting it go for chump change either.

This is a genuine SPG and not a makeover from a "normal" 900 Turbo. It has "low" miles for its age at 105,XXX. The car is all original except for the 3.0 bar FPR the recently added less than 500 miles ago, Swedish Dynamics Red series APC, Bosh LH fuel chip and Injectors (red series). Otherwise the car is stock. I have put a bit of work into it, but now I don't drive it any and it could use a little TLC to bring it up to scratch. Recently I have replaced the following and none of it is older than 3000 miles. Complete Starla OEM exhaust from the turbo back only reusing the original cat. I have also had several vacuum leaks fixed by replacing various cracked hoses under the hood. At 82,000 miles under the previous owner a major service was doing including the following important items: New rad. and thermostat. Replaced alternator and bushings, water pump, starter motor, clutch assembly, lower right ball joint, front shock bushings, front outer sway bar bushings, a/c conversion kit, Right outer CV boot, rear main seal. The car also has an Alpine CDA-9857 with iPod cable and interface.

I have records for the car dating back 2 owners, to 1995. There is also a Saab service manuel with the car. As you may know 1990 and '91 SPG's are the most desirable years because of the upgrade to a Mitsubishi turbo, which helped those 2 years to be the most powerful SPG's ever. Also in 1990 they did away with the auto-close shoulder belt and went with the conventional design.

Now for the bad. The head liner sags towards the rear window, nothing you can't live with. The front driver's seat is a little cracked and torn in one place. The dash also has some crack, I can get an un-cracked dash to accompany the car, but not installed. Finally the right front fender is rusting around the wheel well and is probably best replaced.

This car drives very well and is plenty quick. Other than the already mentioned, the interior is in good shape as is the body. Some surface rust, but nothing out of the ordinary for a 17 year old Saab.

The car is available to looked over and driven at T&S Motorwerkes which is at Copiague Long Island. http://www.tsmotorwerkes.com/contact.php Tel. 631-842-1653 or PM me for further details and I'm happy to give you my number for a chat.

Last edited by AZRCD; 09-12-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-12-2007
WB RCD Retired at 22

Re: Calling Saab Fans Orginal SPG For Sale.

Pics of the car.
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Library - 1313.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	2161   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3430.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	2162   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3426.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	2163   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3428.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	2164  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3427.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	2165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Library - 1310.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	2166  
Old 09-13-2007
red mist junkie
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 2

We in the used car business call the front seat as having a nice patina.
Good luck and welcome to the club! soon we will teach you the tricks of the trade.

I don't know how many remember, but is Satch Carlson still alive?
If anyone remembers when he wrote for autoweek when it was a newspaper may remember his column; his constant car was always some kind of Saab. Usually known as "the piggie of plastique"

Last edited by GEORGE; 09-13-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-13-2007
Selfish Bastard

To think that once was a cool looking car.

Bookmark This Thread