Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Racing, Driving, New Driver & High-Performance Driving Schools

Old 10-08-2011
Rookie / Regular Member (<10 Posts)

Lost my Gift Certificate

So for my 1 year anniversary with my wife she purchased a gift certificate for me for the high performance driving school. I set up a day and took a photo of my gift certificate with my name and customer id on it, and emailed it to the skip barber employee. I was under the impression that I placed the gift certificate in my file cabinet. Well, the event in next weekend, so i decided to pull the g.c. out. Sure enough, i can't find it. I searched my entire house and have no clue where it is. I have the original envelope, but i just cant find it anywhere. Skip Barber is closed today and i'm freaking out.

What options are there? Is this going to be a big issue?
Old 10-08-2011

Re: Lost my Gift Certificate

So i was just looking through my emails. I received an email from him saying that he received the photo of the gift certificate. i then responded with, "ok, i will put it in the mail tomorrow". I can only presume that i mailed it to him. My 28 year old brain is FRIED from work.

Can anyone confirm that you have to mail in the gift certificate?
Old 10-08-2011
Mid-Corner Speed Master / Advanced Member (1,000+ Posts)

Not sure why SBRS would issue a gift certificate to you and ask you to mail it back to them? Call your rep on Tuesday. You should be ok.
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredracer View Post
Not sure why SBRS would issue a gift certificate to you and ask you to mail it back to them? Call your rep on Tuesday. You should be ok.
Those were my exact thoughts when they requested i mail it into them. Especially, since the paperwork says thats the gift certificate is the bearer agreement, and lost, stolen, or discarded you are pretty much SOL. I spoke to my wife and she said she clearly remembers the phone call when i was asking them about the situation. She said i did indeed mail it in. I plan to call on tuesday just for confirmation.

Thanks for the reply.

My wife FLIPPED on me when she came home and saw the house torn apart. Then flipped on me again when i told her i thought we were out $2000.
Old 10-10-2011

BTW. What's the date for the HP?
QUALIFICATIONS 1987: Davidson: "Sammy Swindell's car runs a normally aspirated stock-block engine with Pontiac heads. It was developed by John Buttera." Palmer: "Wow, yeah, he used to play the sax with Louis Prima." Davidson: "That was Sam Butera." Palmer: "Oh, yeah."
Old 10-10-2011

Quote:
BTW. What's the date for the HP?
I'm going on 10/22. I'm hoping its fun. The class is max'ed out, so i'm not sure how many people will be there.

On a plus note: I called sbr today and confirmed that everything is "good to go"

Last edited by leakslikasieve; 10-10-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakslikasieve View Post
I'm going on 10/22. I'm hoping its fun. The class is max'ed out, so i'm not sure how many people will be there.

On a plus note: I called sbr today and confirmed that everything is "good to go"
Good. Glad that's settled.
Max would be 18 students.
Phil Lombardi is your lead instructor. Watch Lime Rock - 6/2003 - Phil Lombardi in the Rain. Then make sure you have at least three cups of coffee the morning of your class. You'll need it to keep up with him. He's one of the best. You have a really good crew of instructors. (It could be marginally better but I'm not working that day.)
Listen, learn and have fun.

I'm kidding about the three cups of coffee....sort of.

Tell Phil I said Hi!

Last edited by oldredracer; 10-10-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2011

Quote:
Good. Glad that's settled.
Max would be 18 students.
Phil Lombardi is your lead instructor. Watch Lime Rock - 6/2003 - Phil Lombardi in the Rain. Then make sure you have at least three cups of coffee the morning of your class. You'll need it to keep up with him. He's one of the best. You have a really good crew of instructors. (It could be marginally better but I'm not working that day.)
Listen, learn and have fun.

I'm kidding about the three cups of coffee....sort of.

Tell Phil I said Hi!
Ok, 18 students doesn't seem too bad. I'm assuming there are at-least 3 instructors? How long have you been an instructor there? I'm VERY excited and will drink my coffee. lol
Old 10-11-2011

Quote:
Ok, 18 students doesn't seem too bad. I'm assuming there are at-least 3 instructors? How long have you been an instructor there? I'm VERY excited and will drink my coffee. lol
Should be 5 instructors. 6 years at Skippy. If Bob Green made the coffee, don't sign the liability waiver.
Old 10-11-2011
Grand Master
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 112

If the picture of your gift certificate has your name and customer ID on it and can be seen, that should be enough evidence. They know through their database that you haven't done any other programs so that should be proof enough when you consider banks now let people take iPhone pictures of checks and cash them electronically. If you mailed the certificate in there also should be no problem. I'd be very surprised if they don't allow you to complete the program.
Pat

After posting realized you were cleared to go 4 posts ago... Never mind... Have fun!

Last edited by dalyduo; 10-11-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-11-2011
Punisher
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

On the basis of my observations of this thread: dude, no coffee.

Welcome to the club.
Old 10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreist View Post
On the basis of my observations of this thread: dude, no coffee.

Welcome to the club.
Haha. Yeah, i'm excited to be doing the course. Only time I have ever been on the track is the parade laps that i do in my mazdaspeed 6 and when i camp out and walk the track drunk. lol.
Old 10-13-2011

Quote:
Haha. Yeah, i'm excited to be doing the course. Only time I have ever been on the track is the parade laps that i do in my mazdaspeed 6 and when i camp out and walk the track drunk. lol.
Turns out I AM working your school! Curb your enthusiasm...when I'm sitting right seat, anyway.
Old 10-13-2011

Quote:
Turns out I AM working your school! Curb your enthusiasm...when I'm sitting right seat, anyway.
Awesome. See you then.

Bookmark This Thread