Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums
Go Back   Team Juicy Racing's Racing School and Race Series Forums > Racing Schools & Race Series Forums > Race Series Discussions

Old 10-03-2011
administrationistperson
Carbon Fiber Keyboard (3,000+ Posts)

TJR Forums Contributor / Supporter

Gallery Images: 795
LRP Finale

Who is racing / attending? I'll be there either Fri or Saturday, not sure yet.

Hope this forecast holds, dry things out (we've had near-record rainfall in past months here in CT) and we'll enjoy LRP at one of the most beautiful times of year...hope to see ya there

Old 10-03-2011
Petey's Dad
Winning Races / Advanced Member (250+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 54
Re: LRP Finale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh View Post
Who is racing / attending? I'll be there either Fri or Saturday, not sure yet.

Hope this forecast holds, dry things out (we've had near-record rainfall in past months here in CT) and we'll enjoy LRP at one of the most beautiful times of year...hope to see ya there
See you there Doug!
Old 10-03-2011
Grand Master

Gallery Images: 112

I'm in.
Old 10-03-2011
Diesel Demon

I'll be there

Viz
Old 10-03-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

speaking of... Here it is!

Rounds 15 & 16 Preview
Skip Barber National Finale at Lime Rock Park
Braselton, GA. (Oct. 3). With autumn looming in the distance, the competitors of the 2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda journey to the Northeast to Lime Rock Park for the final two rounds of the season. With a grand prize of a scholarship for the full 2012 season of the Cooper Tires Presents USF2000 National Championship Powered by Mazda, pressure will be at an all-time high for points leader and sophomore racer Scott Anderson, who currently holds a 10 point lead over MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Trent Hindman. Seven points behind Hindman sits Brandon Newey, another sophomore determined to win the title.
After a rocky season, Sebastian Ordonez will bring with him the momentum of a race win in the previous Round at Autobahn Country Club. He currently holds fourth in the championship in front of Shelby Blackstock, MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Danilo Estrela and Franco Aragones.
To make the championship more equal, at the conclusion of the final Round, drivers will have their two worst finishes dropped from the total points calculations. As with every race weekend, to ensure a more equality, the cars are tested then tuned prior to each race weekend to perform within a specific performance window then weight-equalized to account for the size and build of each driver in the field.
The Skip Barber National racers will be racing in conjunction with the Skip Barber Summer Formula Series and the MAZDASPEED Challenge. Session times will not be time certain, so keep up with all the action on twitter.com/skipbarbernatl. The first practice session will take place Thursday morning, October 6th, 2011 at roughly 9:00am.
Entry list for Rounds 15 and 16 at Lime Rock Park
Name, Age, Hometown, Sponsors
Scott Anderson
, 22, Fort Collins, CO, Laser Nail Centers, Neuropathy Testing Center of Colorado
Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN, Starstruck Entertainment
Brian Cook,
41, Northampton, MA
Danilo Estrela, 18, Goiania, Brazil, MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development, FIA
Motorsport Safety Development Fund, Skip Barber Racing School, Thomas Merrill Motorsports
Trent Hindman, 16, Wayside, NJ, MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development, FIA
Motorsport Safety Development Fund, Skip Barber Racing School, Sparco, Racelite
Brandon Newey, 18, Carmel, IN, Bryan Herta Autosport, Sparco, Bell
Sebastian Ordonez, 16, Deerfield Beach, FL, RDD Motorsports, John Pew, Michael Auriema, Auto Craze, Oakley
Greg Strelzoff, 41, Playa Vista, CA

Top 10, Championship Point Standings after 14 of 16 Rounds
2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda

1. 438pts Scott Anderson (4 Poles, 5 Wins, 10 Podiums)
2. 428 Trent Hindman (5 Poles, 3 Wins, 8 Podiums)
3. 421 Brandon Newey (1 Pole, 2 Wins, 10 Podiums)
4. 379 Sebastian Ordonez (4 Poles, 2 Win, 5 Podiums)
5. 367 Shelby Blackstock (2 Podiums)
6. 354 Danilo Estrela (3 Podiums)
7. 267 Thomas McGregor (2 Wins, 3 Podiums)
8. 164 Franco Aragones
9. 135 Devin Jones
10. 92 Remo Ruscitti

Championship Point Standings after 14 of 16 Rounds
2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber Cup
1. 140pts Peter Ludwig
2. 105 Brian Cook
3. 64 Greg Strelzoff
4. 30 Pat Daly
Old 10-03-2011
Petey's Dad

I'll be in Nationals too Kelly!
Old 10-03-2011
Testing Mid-Corner Speed / Advanced Member (500+ Posts)

ill b there
cant wait !!
Old 10-05-2011
Grand Master

Poured rain through the first lapping session today and was partially drying through the second.
So that testers could test on damp track all cars were put on treads. With morning temps down near freezing tomorrow the treads may be left on as those temps are outside the operating range of the slicks. No rain is predicted for the rest of the week with night temps in the 30's and daytime temps in the 60's.
Old 10-05-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML Peter Ludwig View Post
I'll be in Nationals too Kelly!
YAAAAAAY!!
Old 10-05-2011
Podium Regular / Advanced Member (50+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 33

Ill be there! with cookies if i have time
Old 10-05-2011
Petey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBruSBRS View Post
YAAAAAAY!!
I'll be there Friday morning..
I'll miss all practice and qualy for Nationals putting me on the 5th row for both races...
Will do qualy and races for regional
Old 10-05-2011
administrationistperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML Peter Ludwig View Post
...putting me on the 5th row for both races...
Then I look forward to those races
Old 10-06-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Skip Barber National Round 15: Hindman Grabs Single Car Qualifier Pole at Lime Rock Park

Lakeville, Conn. (Oct. 6). In only the second single-car qualifying session of the season, MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Trent Hindman earned his sixth California Scents Pole of the season, more than any other driver in the 2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda. Rounds 15 and 16, the final two rounds of the season, take place this week at Lime Rock Park. Hindman was the second driver to qualify and managed to set a fast time and make it stick for the remainder of the session. Sebastian Ordonez will be starting second and MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Danilo Estrela will be starting in third, his best start of the season. Points leader Scott Anserson will start fourth, followed by Brandon Newey, Franco Aragones and Skip Barber Cup driver Brian Cook.

Hindman (11) and Anderson (36) at Lime Rock Park (Photo: Kelly Brouillet, Courtesy of Skip Barber Racing School)
Tomorrow morning, drivers will qualify for Round 16, and in the afternoon, race Round 15 of 16 at Lime Rock Park. Sessions are not time certain, so go to twitter.com/skipbarbernatl for all the live action details.

OFFICIAL Starting Positions for Round 15 of 16
Lime Rock Park
Name, Age, Hometown
1. (58.208) Trent Hindman,16, Wayside, NJ
2. (58.579) Sebastian Ordonez, 16, Deerfield Beach, FL
3. (58.729
) Danilo Estrela, 18, Goiania, Brazil
4. (58.831) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
5. (59.180) Brandon Newey, 18, Carmel, IN
6. (59.344) Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
7. (1:00.531) Brian Cook, 41, Northampton, MA

Up Next:Qualifying for Round 16 of 16, BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazdatomorrow morning, October 7, 2011. Sessions not time certain.
Old 10-07-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Skip Barber National Round 16: Ordonez Clinches Final Pole
at Lime Rock Park
Lakeville, Conn. (Oct. 7). It was 35 degrees this morning at Lime Rock Park when the racers qualified for the final round of the 2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda. In the 28 minute timed session, Sebastian Ordonez set the fastest time and held the top position throughout the session, claiming his fifth California Scents Pole of the season. MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development drivers Danilo Estrela and Trent Hindman will be starting tomorrow morning’s race in second and third. With seven minutes to go in the session, Hindman suffered contact with the tire wall of the uphill, but was cleared by medial staff and holds his starting position. Championship points leader Scott Anderson will start in fourth followed by Franco Aragones, Brandon Newey, Shelby Blackstock and Skip Barber Cup driver Brian Cook.

Round 16 California Scents Pole Sitter, Sebastian Ordonez at Lime Rock Park
(Photo: Kelly Brouillet, Courtesy of Skip Barber Racing School)

This afternoon, drivers will race Round 15 of 16 at Lime Rock Park. Sessions are not time certain, so go to twitter.com/skipbarbernatl for all the live action details.
OFFICIAL Starting Positions for Round 16 of 16
Lime Rock Park
Name, Age, Hometown
1. (57.841) Sebastian Ordonez,
16, Deerfield Beach, FL
2. (58.207) Danilo Estrela, 18, Goiania, Brazil
3. (58.247) Trent Hindman
,16, Wayside, NJ
4. (58.356) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
5. (58.550) Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
6. (58.716) Brandon Newey, 18, Carmel, IN
7. (58.997) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
8. (59.581) Brian Cook, 41, Northampton, MA

Up Next:
Race Round 15 of 16, BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazdathis afternoon, Friday, October 7th. Sessions not time certain.
Old 10-07-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

if results are made official with no changes, we'll have a 2011 SB National champion!!! Stay tuned on twitter.com/skipbarbernatl!

Skip Barber National Round 15: Bonilla Takes Win Lime Rock Park
Lakeville, Conn. (Oct. 7). Skip Barber Cup driver (a class for 25 or older) Gerardo Bonilla made a celebrity appearance for Round 15 of the 2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda at Lime Rock Park. Starting from seventh position, Bonilla methodically worked his way up the field to claim the lead in the final laps and ultimately take the win. MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Danilo Estrela started third and dominated most of the race. Sebastian Ordonez also stayed close, trading positions with Estrela for the majority of the race. Estrelea and Ordeonez finished third and fourth, unofficially. The second place finish was a season best for Estrela and was Ordonez’s sixth podium.
Results are unofficial pending video review. IF results are made official with no changes and no penalties, Scott Anderson will be the 2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda Champion. Stay tuned to twitter.com/skipbarbernatl for official word on the new champion title.

Estrela and Bonilla
Tomorrow morning, Saturday, October 8th, drivers will race Round 16 of 16 at Lime Rock Park. Sessions are not time certain, so go to twitter.com/skipbarbernatl for all the live action details.
UNOFFICIAL Results for Round 15 of 16, Lime Rock Park
Starting Position in parenthesis

Name, Age, Hometown
1. Gerardo Bonilla
, 36, Orlando, FL
2. (+0.986) Danilo Estrela, 18, Goiania, Brazil
3. (1.299) Sebastian Ordonez,
16, Deerfield Beach, FL
4. (6.130) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
5. (15.574) Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
6. (24.133) Brandon Newey, 18, Carmel, IN
7. (33.663) Peter Ludwig,
8. (37.783) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
9. (3 Laps) Trent Hindman,16, Wayside, NJ
Up Next:
Race Round 16 of 16, BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazdatomorrow afternoon, Saturday, October 8th. Sessions not time certain.
Old 10-08-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Skip Barber National Round 16: Champion Scott Anderson Takes the Finale Win
Lakeville, Conn. (Oct. 8). Yesterday afternoon, sophomore racer Scott Anderson claimed the 2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda Champion title. This morning at Lime Rock Park, he earned his sixth win of the season, starting from fourth. Early on, Anderson took the lead from California Scents Polesitter Sebastian Ordonez. The two traded the lead position throughout the race, with MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Trent Hindman close behind. Hindman, Ordonez and Skip Barber Cup driver Gerardo Bonilla were side by side at the finish line, with Hindman taking second and Ordonez finishing the podium.
Results are unofficial pending video review. Full weekend wrap up with race recaps, photos, points, and official results to follow after the conclusion of the weekend.

2011 Champion and Round 16 Winner Scott Anderson
UNOFFICIAL Results for Round 16 of 16, Lime Rock Park
Starting Position in parenthesis
Name, Age, Hometown
1. Scott Anderson,
22, Fort Collins, CO
2. (+0.881) Trent Hindman,16, Wayside, NJ
3. (0.899) Sebastian Ordonez,
16, Deerfield Beach, FL
4. (0.935) Gerardo Bonilla, 36, Orlando, FL
5. (16.471) Brandon Newey, 18, Carmel, IN
6. (16.482) Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
7. (18.507) Danilo Estrela, 18, Goiania, Brazil
8. (22.182) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
Up Next:Tonight drivers will attend the Skip Barber Racing School awards banquet for the Formula Summer Series, MAZDASPEED Challenge and Skip Barber National Series.
Old 10-08-2011
administrationistperson

Photo Re: LRP Finale

Some photos I shot Friday
Attached Thumbnails - Click on an Image to Enlarge
Click image for larger version

Name:	lrp10.11-010.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	4482  
Old 10-09-2011

Congratulations to Scott Anderson - National Champion, Tristan Nunez - Regional Champion and Greg Strelzoff - Masters Champion at this weekend's outstanding event at LRP. Perfect weather and great friends made for a wonderful weekend of racing. A fantastic DFL to P1 race for BoBo in the National was very exciting with everyone on the timing tower cheering each pass he made as he worked his way through the field. I was fortunate to be able to jump into Group 4's second race. Starting from the back I made my way to P3 by the end. This was probably the most satisfying race I have ever run as I felt really good about my driving and was lucky enough to have a great handling car. The Masters finalle had Greg on pole with Dr. Mike outside row one followed by me inside row 2 and the great Chris Brassard to my left. It was a clean start with Dr. Mike slotting in behind Greg. I had a good start and popped aroung Dr. Mike before turn one and started the chase after Strelzoff. It took a few laps to reel him in and then the opportunity presented itself and I popped for the lead on the front straight. My lead was short lived as Greg came back the next lap and made his pass stick into turn 1. The remainder of the race was nose to tail racing with Greg driving great and never making a mistake. I made a couple of attempts to get around him in turn 1 but to no avail. On the final lap I had him set up through west bend and started my run through the downhill, closing nicely until I picked up a little oversteer which progressed into a giant, controlled, high speed drift through track out. This is, of course, not the fastest way to exit the downhill and I was unable to catch Greg at the line ending up even with his back wheel. Congratulations once again to Greg on his Masters win. I must say that racing with Skip Barber had been the best thing I have ever done in my life and I give all the credit to the coaching staff for there unending patience with me and there acurate and extremely beneficial feedback without which I would still be searching for my first apex.
Old 10-09-2011

David - I was wondering what happened in the downhill.

I was running out of gas with 3 laps to go and had big sputters in my last lap - i almost spun in the last uphill because of a sputter 'lift' that i had and i had another one in downhill

It was a great battle.

0.078 was the final difference which is a reflection of how close our battle was.

I tip my hat to you for not making ANY mistakes and for being a classy gentlemen and giving space when I was defending/sliding at turn 1 and for pushing like crazy to close the gaps at the start and after the back markers separated us . I just couldnt get away from you.
(id like to trade videos with you btw )

I also congratulate you on that g4 drive - going from last to p3 with a solid chance at p2 was amazing.

SB has also been one of the greatest things in my life.

Thank you David and all the rest of you for a great season!!!

Greg
Old 10-09-2011
Diesel Demon

Let me echo David's congratulations to Scott, Tristan and Greg for securing their hard fought and well deserved championships. Way to go guys. Also hats off to the always inspiring Michael Johnson, and one of the classiest little racers (well, getting less little awfully fast) around, Trent Hindman.

And, let me be the first to congratulate, on Skippyforums that is, David Knight for his multiple awards (in addition to his superb P3 drive in G4R2). David was awarded Most Improved Driver for 2011 and received a standing ovation. David also won the Grand Masters award, beating out Dr. Mike, a tough competitor,and David also finished in the top 10 overall in the Summer Series. Congratulations David, you certainly had a banner year and earned your gold ! So glad you are in Skippy my friend.

Let's also be very thankful that Brian Cook escaped injury on a harrowing double flip in Turn 1, landing right side up after getting bumped. It was pretty scary to see and worse of course for Brian. To his credit, he climbed in a car for the next race and never missed a beat. Good job Brian.

Chris, we didn't get in our usual dog eat dog battle this weekend, but we will next year brother !

Missed a lot of regulars too. Doug, glad you visited on Friday, hope to see you in the drivers seat next year. Pat, sorry you couldn't finish the weekend in the car, but hope things clear up for you quickly. Our Canadian brother Paul Subject is in Italy, but if he's not picking up a Ferrari in Maranello then there's no excuse for missing the Season Finale .

Viz
Old 10-10-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Round 15 & 16 Wrap Up: Scott Anderson Wins Skip Barber National Championship
And Estrela First Win

Braselton, GA. (Sept. 11). The 2011 season of the BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda has drawn to a close and a new champion has emerged. Sophomore racer Scott Anderson earned his champion title in Race 1, Round 15 at Lime Rock Park. Not only will Anderson receive a scholarship for the full 2012 Cooper Tires presents the USF2000 National Championship Powered by Mazda, but he also will receive a test with Bryan Herta Autosport’s Firestone Indy Lights team. MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Danilo Estrela earned his first Skip Barber National class win, sharing the top spot on the podium with Skip Barber Cup driver Gerardo Bonilla. Fellow MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Trent Hindman won Rookie of the Year.
With the current season over, many of the rookie racers will participate in the Skip Barber Race Series Champion Shootout in November to compete for Scholarships for the upcoming Skip Barber Racing School winter and summer race seasons. Follow the action on twitter.com/skipbarbernatl.

Scott Anderson and Dean Case, Communications Officer of MAZDASPEED Motorsports
Round 15
MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Trent Hindman started at the front of the pack in the California Scents Pole Position. Sebastian Ordonez made a mass in turn one of the second lap and took the lead resulting in Hindman and other MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development driver Danilo Estrela. Estrela became the third leader of the race in lap four, but would spend the next sixteen laps trading the lead position with Ordonez. Together the two worked together to slowly separate from the pack while still putting on a good show for the fans. Meanwhile, Skip Barber Cup driver Gerardo Bonilla passed Brandon Newey and Franco Aragones to work his way up to fifth from seventh position. Bonilla made several attempts to pass Hindman in fourth, but Hindman held his position until lap eight. Once Bonilla made the pass on Anderson in third, he started to separate from the pack and catch up on the leaders Ordonez and Estrela.
Hindman and Anderson skillfully worked together to ensure they kept Bonilla in their sights. As the laps wound down, Bonilla picked the young drivers off one by one, and took the lead from Estrela, who had lead the past nine laps, with just five laps to go. Running in fifth with two laps remaining, Hindman’s motor blew and the rookie was forced to retire early. Bonilla took the win, and Estrela finished in second overall, but first in the Skip Barber National class, making it his first win of the season. Ordonez finished in second and Anderson in third. Anderson’s third place finish earned him the 2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda Champion title.

Anderson (P3), Estrela (P1), Bonilla (P1 SBC), Ordonez (p2)
OFFICIAL Results for Round 15 of 16, Lime Rock Park
Starting Position in parenthesis,
Name, Age, Hometown
Name, Age, Hometown
1. (7)Gerardo Bonilla
, 36, Orlando, FL, Skip Barber Cup class
2. (3) Danilo Estrela, 18, Goiania, Brazil
3. (2) Sebastian Ordonez,
16, Deerfield Beach, FL
4. (4) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
5. (6) Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
6. (5) Brandon Newey, 18, Carmel, IN
7. (9) Peter Ludwig, Skip Barber Cup class
8. (8) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
9. (1) Trent Hindman,16, Wayside, NJ
Race length: 26 laps of 1.54-mile road course
Time of race: 25:30.320
Conditions: Sunny, dry and cold
Margin of victory: 0.986 seconds
Lap leaders: Trent Hindman 1-2; Sebastian Ordonez 3-4; Danilo Estrela 5-7; Ordonez 8; Estrela 9; Ordonez 10; Estrela 11; Ordonez 12; Estrela 13-21; Bonilla 22-16
Fastest Lap: Gerardo Bonilla (57.381 / 96.617 mph)
California Scents Most Progressive: Danilo Estrela

Fellow SBRS Racer Congratulates Estrela

Round 16
California Scents Pole sitterSebastian Ordonez led the field to green for the final race event of the season. Series Champion Scott Anderson had a strong start in fourth and passed Trent Hindman, Danilo Estrela and Ordonez to take the lead; a position that he held onto for the next 11 laps. As in the previous day’s race, Gerardo Bonilla continued to methodically work his way up through the pack to consistently stay in the top five. Ordonez stayed close to Anderson, and the two, with Hindman separated from the pack with Bonilla lurking in the distance. At the halfway point, Ordonez took the lead, skillfully battling with Anderson.
Some of the best racing in the session was in fifth and six with Brandon Newey and Franco Aragones fighting side by side for several laps with just a few laps to go. Scott Anderson took home his sixth win of the season with Trent Hindman and Sebastian Ordonez rounding out the podium. Suffering from a final lap off course excursion, Bonilla finished in fourth. Hindman, Ordonez and Bonilla were three wide at the finish line with only 0.054 separating second position from fourth position.

Ordonez leading Anderson and Ordonez
(Photo: Kelly Brouillet, Courtesy of Skip Barber Racing School
OFFICIAL Results for Round 16 of 16, Lime Rock Park
S)tarting Position in parenthesis, Name, Age, Hometown
Name, Age, Hometown
1. (4)Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
2. (3) Trent Hindman,16, Wayside, NJ
3. (1) Sebastian Ordonez,
16, Deerfield Beach, FL
4. (8) Gerardo Bonilla, 36, Orlando, FL
5. (6) Brandon Newey, 18, Carmel, IN
6. (5) Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
7. (2) Danilo Estrela, 18, Goiania, Brazil
8. (7) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
Race length: 26 laps
Time of race: 25:25.893
Conditions: Sunny, dry & cold
Margin of victory: 0.881 seconds
Lap leaders: Scott Anderson 1-12; Sebastian Ordonez 13-14; Anderson 15-26
Fastest Lap: Gerardo Bonilla 57.780/95.950 mph)
California Scents Most Progressive: Scott Anderson
Parathyroid.com Most Cumulative Points Winners:
1. Scott Anderson
2. Sebastian Ordonez
3. Danilo Estrela
Top 10 Championship Point Standings after 16 of 16 Rounds
(With two worst finishes dropped)
2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda

1. 456pts Scott Anderson (4 Poles, 6 Wins, 12 Podiums)
2. 434 Trent Hindman (6 Poles, 3 Wins, 9 Podiums)
3. 427 Brandon Newey (1 Pole, 2 Wins, 10 Podiums)
4. 399 Sebastian Ordonez (5 Poles, 2 Win, 7 Podiums)
5. 372 Shelby Blackstock (2 Podiums)
6. 371 Danilo Estrela (1 Win, 4 Podiums)
7. 268 Franco Aragones (pictured right)
8. 267 Thomas McGregor (2 Wins, 3 Podiums)
9. 135 Devin Jones
10. 92 Remo Ruscitti

Championship Point Standings after 16 of 16 Rounds
2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber Cup
1. 172pts Peter Ludwig
2. 105 Brian Cook
3. 93 Gerardo Bonilla
4. 64 Greg Strelzoff
5. 30 Pat Daly

Blackstock and Estrela

Old 10-11-2011

Gallery Images: 8

Thank you to all the staff at SBRS. Including the former and current ones that made this season a success. To all my friends that contributed so generously to the Sid Brenner Mechanics Fund this year. Paul Subject and I will be doing the tally this week and will announce the exact total raised soon. I can tell you it looks like the LRP finale raised a new weekend record!

I have to give Paul GT Subject a shout out for his untiring dedication to the Mechanics fund despite not running most of this season. Paul donated T-shirts and managed the funds for us. Thank you Paul!

As for the racing congratulations to all the young guns in the Nationals and in the Summer series. What a great group of young men both and off the track. They put on a great show and made the Summer Series competition much tougher this year.

Hey KBru, we need equal time for the Summer and Masters Series....PLEASE...some of the best racing I have seen at SBRS took place this year...and BTW we sell a lot of seats!

My hats off to David Knight! Awesome progress in such a short period of time. And thank you to you and Mary for your generous contribution of the Jacuzzi hot tub this year!

The Vizanator! Gary you had a great season and earned your spot on the top buddy! Congrats on the podium finish in the Finale! What a way to end the season! Sorry that I was Pre occupied with battling the Dr. In the finale that caused me not to be able to find you! Between his artful driving and a diabolically overcharging car I had my hands full. I guess we will have to wait for next year!

Congratulations to Gregg in his second Championship!

I was so very disappointed that Pat did not have a chance ti finish out his season. I am sure he will be back with a vengeance next year! Feel better Pat!

This was a tough year with the loss of Sid and Walt, the down sizing of employees and the overall economic issues the series faced. Despite it all we somehow pulled through and had a successful season. It is my hope that we all learn from our losses and mistakes and the key people work to make things better. Remember as our dear friend Sid Brenner said..."Do the right thing!"

Thank you all for your hard work, good competition, friendship and generosity to our mechanics fund!

Last edited by cdh; 10-11-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-11-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Talk to Race Series or Management. I only write the press releases and handle the media!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRockRacer View Post
Hey KBru, we need equal time for the Summer and Masters Series....PLEASE...some of the best racing I have seen at SBRS took place this year...and BTW we sell a lot of seats!
Old 10-11-2011

Quote:
Talk to Race Series or Management. I only write the press releases and handle the media!
Please pass it on...
Old 10-12-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

We've received a couple phone calls and emails asking about photos from the weekend. I've been working on them since Sunday AM, and the last batch is uploading now. I'll post a link when they're done.

Thanks for the patience.
Old 10-12-2011
Grand Master

Thanks Kelly for being an unsung hero all season... Really appreciate all your hard work and unrelenting positive spirit in difficult circumstances.

Quote:
We've received a couple phone calls and emails asking about photos from the weekend. I've been working on them since Sunday AM, and the last batch is uploading now. I'll post a link when they're done.

Thanks for the patience.
Old 10-12-2011
maxheadroom
Rookie / Advanced Member (<10 Posts)

First, I had a blast during the weekend, saw a lot of old friends and met new people like Gregg. BTY, congratulations on the Master Championship. (Yes this is Chris W.) It IS a big deal. Kelly is great, typical Skip Barber support, never had a problem in 16 years. I have only been in the car once a year for 3 years, mostly due to scar tissue tearing at the site of my back operations 30 years ago, but it seems to have run it's course. I was lucky enough to get the 3rd in group 4 Friday, and I was surprised at the quality of the competition. Just like the 90's with Len Foreman, Tony Tola, Kieth Fisher, and Todd the Ferrari guy who donated my watch to the 2000 banquet auction. At my age every race is a big deal. Felt good in the car by Friday afternoon. For those who were not there then (kids), I learned to race at LRP in the 90's, eight races a year, an interesting track about which I always say "if you can race here you can race anywhere". Peter still has the LRP lap record and it was deja vu to be behind him Friday, since we competed in the '06 Master's National. (He almost ruined my party, but psycology prevailed.) Congratulations to all, especially the young men in the National, and the ones in my group, Richard Clayton and Jake. Damn, they are good. It was a great weekend.

Hey, where are the official results posted?
Old 10-12-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Thanks Pat. That pretty much made my night! I needed that after a busy week like this one

Photos are uploaded here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skipbar...7626648412582/

Official results are here: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=724274

enjoy!
Old 10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
First, I had a blast during the weekend, saw a lot of old friends and met new people like Gregg. BTY, congratulations on the Master Championship. (Yes this is Chris W.) It IS a big deal. Kelly is great, typical Skip Barber support, never had a problem in 16 years. I have only been in the car once a year for 3 years, mostly due to scar tissue tearing at the site of my back operations 30 years ago, but it seems to have run it's course. I was lucky enough to get the 3rd in group 4 Friday, and I was surprised at the quality of the competition. Just like the 90's with Len Foreman, Tony Tola, Kieth Fisher, and Todd the Ferrari guy who donated my watch to the 2000 banquet auction. At my age every race is a big deal. Felt good in the car by Friday afternoon. For those who were not there then (kids), I learned to race at LRP in the 90's, eight races a year, an interesting track about which I always say "if you can race here you can race anywhere". Peter still has the LRP lap record and it was deja vu to be behind him Friday, since we competed in the '06 Master's National. (He almost ruined my party, but psycology prevailed.) Congratulations to all, especially the young men in the National, and the ones in my group, Richard Clayton and Jake. Damn, they are good. It was a great weekend.

Hey, where are the official results posted?
Chris, it was great to see you this weekend! Could not tell you have not been racing!
Old 10-13-2011
Grand Master

Great seeing you Chris and big fun seeing you running up front again.

The results are here... LRP Finale Results
Old 10-16-2011
G-force junkie
Speed Through Zen / Advanced Member (2,000+ Posts)

Gallery Images: 69

Really sorry that I couldn't be there. Congrats to everyone for great, close-fought racing all season. Special kudos to Knight Rider who clearly discovered a new level of performance. I have a feeling that next season he won't be so nice.
Old 10-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRockRacer View Post
Congratulations to Gregg in his second Championship!

I was so very disappointed that Pat did not have a chance ti finish out his season. I am sure he will be back with a vengeance next year! Feel better Pat!
Thanks Chriss

I too was sad about Pat - he and I kept trading faster and faster laps during practice - he would answer my faster lap by shaving another tenth of a second off and it would have been great to have him in the final races with us!
Old 10-22-2011
Grand Master

Thanks guys... No words for how disappointing it was to have so much fun in lapping and practice and then not be able to race. Was so looking forward to the masters race but... you guys put on a great show. And I got to see it!

Monday after the race weekend was hit with blocked sinuses, sore throat, achy body and an ear infection with vertigo that knocked me out for more than a week. The good news is the vertigo that kept me from racing was probably the early onset of what was coming rather than something chronic. Seeing a neurologist next week to make sure, and hopefully we'll be back in the saddle soon.

Thanks to Paul Subject and Chris Brassard for filling Sid's enormous shoes and to Doug Harrison and Steve Welk for producing some of the best T-shirts we've ever seen for mechanics fund. Big bow downs to David Knight for his generosity to the mechanics fund at a time when his business was hugely impacted by the storm that devastated so many in New England.

Shout out to Mike Marino who, at the last minute, was tapped to put together a video tribute to Sid, Wally and all the racers who ran National and Regional this year. He pulled a rabbit out of the hat with stills, in-car video and creative artists renderings that mirrored the top National kids development as drivers. Bravo Mike!

Thanks to Big Bill Henderson, Gibby, Eric and all the guys who wrenched the cars this year. It was a tough year for them and we have nothing but admiration and respect for the obstacles they overcame to keep things rolling.

Hats off to Scott Anderson and all the National kids who really came into their own as the season progressed. It was a privilege to watch them develop and race against them.

Bowdown to Keith Watts, the unsung hero of pit road. Can't thank him enough for the great job he does coordinating the mahem of pit road.

Congrats to Greg for working so hard to achieve his second Masters title and to David who totally earned "Most Improved" and the Grand Masters titles.

Many to thank for another good season and sorry to those I've left out but at a time when so many are struggling to rebuild their lives after losing jobs and/or homes from hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and fires we count our blessings at getting to gather at great race tracks in the luxury of each others good company for the privilege of driving race cars together. We truly are lucky dogs.
Old 10-22-2011

Very well said Pat, and thank you very much for the kudos. I hope you are feeling better soon and can once again challenge those "fast kids" and keep them on their toes.
Old 10-26-2011
Your favorite PR Girl

Race Report is up! http://bit.ly/vp4Tqs

fyi, the Karting and Race Series Champion Shootout preview PR should be going out today or tmw.

Bookmark This Thread